Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Rick, really? Based on your paint research I think at least 50% of us are either changing or seriously questioning our paint preferences. How can you do this to us? :) Just kidding of course. I am now convinced that CG is actually 15 hues in one based on angularity, intensity and sourcing of light. The AMB seems like it would pop, oh, about 3% of the time and be midnight the rest (like MB lunar blue). What color are you leaning toward at this point? And is it based on the subdued sunlight profile of the PNW? To echo the rest of the folks, thanks very much for your work on this. I will probably order a 2024 so I can decide on a color in a timely manner.
Send your ladies over and I will conduct exhaustive research into your preferred external coatings!

I was scrubbing down the trailer pre-burn, so I'm sure I have something special for the type of girls you get with!

Who wants to arm wrestle over the inspection light?????? Yup, she's a deep thinker!
Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wrap guy says original paint color does not matter hello oj white.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for taking the time and doing this! I'm still leaning A51 since AMBlue will look black in overcast MN.

Sponsored

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wow, I haven’t seen anyone obsess this much over gray since I had to choose the paint for my TOS Enterprise command chair build. ??

I’ve been Cyber Orange since day one, and this made me even more excited for it. Antimatter Blue with a white top would sway me, but it’s not an FE color, so thankfully that won’t be a decision I have to make.

Thanks for sharing this information and especially for getting them to put up with our obsession. ?

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Antimatter Blue OMG I LOVE YOU!!!

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You are ate-up Rick, but I appreciate it!!! That Puma shirt looks more like minty Cactus Grey than just grey. Now I am torn between OJ White and Cactus Grey.

Washoe

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche, MB.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So SB doesn't stand for school bus lol. CO is definitely an interesting color with that gold flake...I want it even more.

Shoutout to your gf for humoring you. Great job!
Rick, thank you for taking the time and doing this report/video, very well done. I have not gone to a dealership since this all started. Do they now have colors and in store information on the new Bronco’s? I have just been waiting paitenly to get a call to come down and complete the order.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Every week I realize that green probably isn’t happening. I like A51, but it is now probably THE most common color. Velocity Blue and Carbonized Gray looks great depending on wheels, and OJ White is clean. Basically even after a walk through and seeing some in person, I’ll be making my decision five minutes before ordering haha.

Also the walkthrough video is filmed but not yet live.

Ford Bronco Reviewed Bronco paint samples book with inspection lamp - Photos & Video of Antimatter Blue, Cactus Gray, Cyber Orange, Rapid Red 3585025F-C184-4929-A78B-CA201EEB7024

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the time spent and most of all, that video!
I was, like a lot here, agonizing over colors.
CO first, then saw the school bus look to it and decided on Race Red.
then though Black would be classy and mean on a squatched WT 4 door.
I really wanted to like the AMB. Saw several dark blue metallic vehicles on the roads and thought it might be too boring long term, so back to black.
saw a white Rubicon Recon today and it looked awesome with black 17’s and tinted glass. So I was thinking white.
then this video emerges.
now I am 99% sure I want AMB. Black under direct line of sight, a vibrant blue on curves and lit areas.
And I’ll bet it is amazing under street lights at night too.
I put 4 different pearls on a black basecoat on my Acura and it looks black. Until you get it in the sun.
Lit by street/security lights make it come alive with bursts of color.
thanks again for this. It’s singlehandedly the best help yet.

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for taking the time to compare the color samples.

I have narrowed it down to 3 colors now

1-Rapid Red - Nice deep color my first choice.Saw a Explorer with Rapid Red,looked classy

2-Oxford white- Easy to hide scratches,etc,clean

3-Ionic Silver- Same as OW reasons

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That Anti Matter is tempting me, even though I've already had a car that was a similar color, and it was such a hideous swirly nightmare after three years I had to sell it beacuse it couldn't be fixed by any of the 5 detailers I took it to.

Dark colors are like that hot girl that you know is going to abduct your dog and set your house on fire, but you just can't help it, it looks soooooo good. Maybe this one will be different.
AMB is different, she told me so!
However, if you don’t treat her (AMB) right you may come home to find all of your stuff dumped on the front lawn with the sprinklers on.
Loving a gorgeous Super Model (AMB) is tough work but, somebody has to do it.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was 100% CG, now the boss tells me CO needs to be at the top of the list. Just a little green was all I needed to keep it in the running. Can't say I'm shocked. I figured it's have zero green tint, still disappointing.
Sponsored