Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm glad cactus gray is just light gray - that's exactly what I want. Not a fan of the greenish or light blue undertones.
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Rick Astley

Thanks!!

So what were your thoughts on antimatter? How difficult was it to pull out the blues, or did you feel it would read as black 90% of the time?

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for taking the time to haul your girlfriend and gear down to the dealership to provide us info/good looks ar the color cards.
Wow, you pics and video of the Cyber, Rapid, and AMB are fantastic.
Do you think that the AMB will pick up the sun, reflect well and pop with the design cues/shapes of the Bronco?

The picture of the Gold/Silver flake in the Cyber reminds me of my bicycle in the mid-late 70s.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Very nice. Thank you for sharing this with us Rick!!! These are some really great views of the colors and thank you for giving us the real world detail on the Cactus. Even though it’s a let down to me because it’s just plain gray. Oh well. That’s just another one I can take off the list.

Sponsored

bwoodahl

Threads
Reaction score
Website
woodahl.physics.iupui.edu
Vehicle(s)
GTI Fahrenheit
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for posting the paint samples, it's extremely helpful!

Went to the dealership with my trusty Astro 50-SLMAX inspection lamp. This will put out 500 watts at either 4500 or 6000 Kelvin.. This is one of the most accurate LED bulbs on the market today...

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the insight. Lord only knows when the palate will arrive at my dealer, or if I will even get a call. Good work.

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to want Cactus... but these photos, and the latest pics of the sport in cactus, are playing mind games on me. Is it grey...is it sea foam? I like The “pre production” version of Cactus. Ford, why you doing this to me?

thanks for the photos Rick, and messing with my head.

Sponsored

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cactus Gray against a surf green T-shirt (worn just for this comparison, then the GF slaughters the pic).
That, sir, is dedication to the cause!

Great post! Very thorough - thank you for sharing this with the group! Man I just cannot get to 100% on cactus gray. I might just have to go try and see it for myself it seems.

I think that you did some really important work on Cyber Orange here as well.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome. Thanks @Rick Astley. And thanks for not Rick Rolling us.

Your comments on CG are saddening. It definitely has that blue tone in the video but if it doesn't in real life....I'm out. I don't mind the "plain grey" colour but it's a bit too light to me.

The AMB looks amazing!! It's becoming a front-runner but now I'll struggle with roof colour.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome. Thanks @Rick Astley. And thanks for not Rick Rolling us.

Your comments on CG are saddening. It definitely has that blue tone in the video but if it doesn't in real life....I'm out. I don't mind the "plain grey" colour but it's a bit too light to me.

The AMB looks amazing!! It's becoming a front-runner but now I'll struggle with roof colour.
Easy - white

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
See I was out of CG... but if it looks like the straight up flat gray on that card it goes to the top of the list. Thanks for that!
I'm glad cactus gray is just light gray - that's exactly what I want. Not a fan of the greenish or light blue undertones.
Based on the color card, you guys will be happy. Please drive with lights on. This color will blend in with pavement and be invisiblein mirrors, especially when raining.

@Rick Astley

Thanks!!

So what were your thoughts on antimatter? How difficult was it to pull out the blues, or did you feel it would read as black 90% of the time?
Added a paragraph on each color under the video now that the mods were so kind to post for me.

The picture of the Gold/Silver flake in the Cyber reminds me of my bicycle in the mid-late 70s.
You mean like my bicycle? This is custom flaked with Roth silver flake then shot with gold Kandy.
Ford Bronco Reviewed Bronco paint samples book with inspection lamp - Photos & Video of Antimatter Blue, Cactus Gray, Cyber Orange, Rapid Red 20190809_153419

How come your dealership plays smooth jazz and mine either blasts country or pop? Im definitely switching now.
Its called class. They drink tea with their pinkies up and everything! (HA HA HA!)

Country music blaring would not sell cars here in the tech-center hub.
Sponsored