The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Toyotas cement is what I was hoping for . Not sure what Jeep calls their version of it but if CG looks anything like the two it will be my choice . It only makes sense that it would be closer to this color if they are also calling it Jet Fighter Grey .

jeep.jpg
Cactus Grey is waaay lighter then that.
Sponsored

Tre

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala, Buick Enclave, '77 Suzuki GS750
Your Bronco Model
Base
Toyotas cement is what I was hoping for . Not sure what Jeep calls their version of it but if CG looks anything like the two it will be my choice . It only makes sense that it would be closer to this color if they are also calling it Jet Fighter Grey .

jeep.jpg
Cactus Grey is waaay lighter then that.
I'm guessing that is closer to Carbonized.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

jeep.jpg
That's a nice color on all the different Jeeps I see with it. It kind of resembles Nardo Grey, maybe just a bit darker than Nardo Grey.

Sponsored

Gabecord

Outer Banks
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
See I was out of CG... but if it looks like the straight up flat gray on that card it goes to the top of the list. Thanks for that!
Same! I'm liking that cactus grey. Just went to the top of my list too... wasnt too hyped about it looking baby blue or mint green. Lol

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The stills of the cyber orange remind me more of gold lame than they do orange.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Rick, really? Based on your paint research I think at least 50% of us are either changing or seriously questioning our paint preferences. How can you do this to us? :) Just kidding of course. I am now convinced that CG is actually 15 hues in one based on angularity, intensity and sourcing of light. The AMB seems like it would pop, oh, about 3% of the time and be midnight the rest (like MB lunar blue). What color are you leaning toward at this point? And is it based on the subdued sunlight profile of the PNW? To echo the rest of the folks, thanks very much for your work on this. I will probably order a 2024 so I can decide on a color in a timely manner.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went to the dealership with my trusty Astro 50-SLMAX inspection lamp. This will put out 500 watts at either 4500 or 6000 Kelvin.. This is one of the most accurate LED bulbs on the market today.

All pics and video taken with a Samsung Galaxy S20+. I need to share that the pictures of Cactus Gray, even while taking them appeared "off" on screen. The paint card produced by Ford has an obscenely glossy plastic covering that seemed to throw it off, however, in person the color was a simple and uniform drab, single-hue light gray. Those cool videos of the Mustang Mach 1 in Fighter Jet Gray? Yea, not like that. Just gray. The suuuuuuper cool surf green of the press car? Absolutely not like that either. Just paint one side of a window light gray, then view from the other side. That was really "it" as far as how the paint card showcased the color.

Astro 50-SLMAX at Amazon

Full disclosure: while I was very pleased with the quality of the paint book, Ford put out, I do wonder if they are achieving the flake appearance on the plastic card by having one side with a texture which they paint silver, then the tinted clears over. I do not feel you get an incredibly accurate representation of the flaked colors. Again, it is very good. But it does seem to be produced rather than actually sprayed paint on a surface.

Cactus Gray against a surf green T-shirt (worn just for this comparison, then the GF slaughters the pic).

Personal opinion of this color was severe disappointment. This color is nothing like the initial release pics would make you think. It has essentially zero green or blue to it in person. If you wanted gray or tan, you got it.

However, see the full disclosure above. I don't think this is sprayed on as opposed to a film created to be very close. Unfortunately, that puts the CG people back on the fence of "I wanted it to have the blue/green hues, do I risk ordering and roll the dice?". Your call. Or if you wanted gray/tan, will it have green/blue in production???? Who knows!

20200918_204436.jpg

4500k, at a steep angle.
20200918_203635.jpg

CG, RR and A-51 at 6000k.
20200918_203529.jpg

The best shot I could get of Cyber Orange was at 6000k and by bending the paint card gently. It almost has more of a pearl appearance than flake. The flake itself was more bright gold/silver.
20200918_204607.jpg

4500k, has a beautiful silver/gold sparkle, not "school bus yellow" at all.
20200918_204603.jpg

Trying to pick up the "flake" in rapid red at 5400k (see full disclosure above)
20200918_204551.jpg

This was at the mercy of dealership overhead lighting. These have been the main colors I've either wanted to see, or am comparing for my Bronco build.
20200918_203629.jpg

VIDEO

Now that the mods merged all the 40 second videos into one and posted for me, here are comments of in-person time with the cards:

Cactus Gray: is just gray. Any blue hue shown is the camera as no blue or green was observed in person. In person this color had no depth or "chameleon" properties. Combining Bronco Sport pics with this card, I am convinced the pre-production color was altered before production. This was my #1 color, hoping for the green or blue hues. Instead it is as feared, a ultra modern concrete color (please drive with your lights on, truckers cant see this color in their mirrors). Note that I did not see ANY khaki or tan in this color, so I'm not sure why the Bronco Sport pics posted recently looked tan.

Antimatter Blue: the pic lying flat on the table is indoors with full overhead lights and the paint looks black. Only when 50 watts of specific Kelvin light are applied from 24" away does this color not look black. Here in Seattle that color will just be black 95-99% of the time. Pics of Jay Leno's Bronco seem to be legitimate comparison. It was AWESOME in person when bending that card and playing with the light angles. In a very sunny state this color will be amazing as the blues pull your eye.

Rapid Red: the video has some maroon to it but I did not see this in person it is very much a "red red". It shows better in person than the video. This color is on a bunch of models, go hit a dealership to see in person.
I have a Soul Red Crystal Mazda now, so this color seems like a minor downgrade, but the Mazda red is critically acclaimed as being gorgeous. This is 90% of Soul Red Crystal. I feel the card gave this color more depth and character than it has in real life once on a car. It will always photograph well being a tri-coat.

Cyber Orange Schoolbus: when laying flat it was mostly orange. Once light was applied this color danced. See disclosure about the card material. However, in person this color just danced in the light. It grew on me a lot. People who like this color will be rewarded with a paint that keeps them intrigued. If you love the orange and wish it didn't have silver/gold, you won't love this. Its a dynamic color.​
Cactus grey and fighter jet grey are the same.

Sponsored

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I must be one of the only people who doesn't care for the grey, blue, black, etc. Race Red all the way, closest match to the bright red on my two tone 96 F150.

twobigstacksoflowsociety

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shitmobile
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Went to the dealership with my trusty Astro 50-SLMAX inspection lamp. This will put out 500 watts at either 4500 or 6000 Kelvin.. This is one of the most accurate LED bulbs on the market today.

All pics and video taken with a Samsung Galaxy S20+. I need to share that the pictures of Cactus Gray, even while taking them appeared "off" on screen. The paint card produced by Ford has an obscenely glossy plastic covering that seemed to throw it off, however, in person the color was a simple and uniform drab, single-hue light gray. Those cool videos of the Mustang Mach 1 in Fighter Jet Gray? Yea, not like that. Just gray. The suuuuuuper cool surf green of the press car? Absolutely not like that either. Just paint one side of a window light gray, then view from the other side. That was really "it" as far as how the paint card showcased the color.

Astro 50-SLMAX at Amazon

Full disclosure: while I was very pleased with the quality of the paint book, Ford put out, I do wonder if they are achieving the flake appearance on the plastic card by having one side with a texture which they paint silver, then the tinted clears over. I do not feel you get an incredibly accurate representation of the flaked colors. Again, it is very good. But it does seem to be produced rather than actually sprayed paint on a surface.

Cactus Gray against a surf green T-shirt (worn just for this comparison, then the GF slaughters the pic).

Personal opinion of this color was severe disappointment. This color is nothing like the initial release pics would make you think. It has essentially zero green or blue to it in person. If you wanted gray or tan, you got it.

However, see the full disclosure above. I don't think this is sprayed on as opposed to a film created to be very close. Unfortunately, that puts the CG people back on the fence of "I wanted it to have the blue/green hues, do I risk ordering and roll the dice?". Your call. Or if you wanted gray/tan, will it have green/blue in production???? Who knows!

20200918_204436.jpg

4500k, at a steep angle.
20200918_203635.jpg

CG, RR and A-51 at 6000k.
20200918_203529.jpg

The best shot I could get of Cyber Orange was at 6000k and by bending the paint card gently. It almost has more of a pearl appearance than flake. The flake itself was more bright gold/silver.
20200918_204607.jpg

4500k, has a beautiful silver/gold sparkle, not "school bus yellow" at all.
20200918_204603.jpg

Trying to pick up the "flake" in rapid red at 5400k (see full disclosure above)
20200918_204551.jpg

This was at the mercy of dealership overhead lighting. These have been the main colors I've either wanted to see, or am comparing for my Bronco build.
20200918_203629.jpg

VIDEO

Now that the mods merged all the 40 second videos into one and posted for me, here are comments of in-person time with the cards:

Cactus Gray: is just gray. Any blue hue shown is the camera as no blue or green was observed in person. In person this color had no depth or "chameleon" properties. Combining Bronco Sport pics with this card, I am convinced the pre-production color was altered before production. This was my #1 color, hoping for the green or blue hues. Instead it is as feared, a ultra modern concrete color (please drive with your lights on, truckers cant see this color in their mirrors). Note that I did not see ANY khaki or tan in this color, so I'm not sure why the Bronco Sport pics posted recently looked tan.

Antimatter Blue: the pic lying flat on the table is indoors with full overhead lights and the paint looks black. Only when 50 watts of specific Kelvin light are applied from 24" away does this color not look black. Here in Seattle that color will just be black 95-99% of the time. Pics of Jay Leno's Bronco seem to be legitimate comparison. It was AWESOME in person when bending that card and playing with the light angles. In a very sunny state this color will be amazing as the blues pull your eye.

Rapid Red: the video has some maroon to it but I did not see this in person it is very much a "red red". It shows better in person than the video. This color is on a bunch of models, go hit a dealership to see in person.
I have a Soul Red Crystal Mazda now, so this color seems like a minor downgrade, but the Mazda red is critically acclaimed as being gorgeous. This is 90% of Soul Red Crystal. I feel the card gave this color more depth and character than it has in real life once on a car. It will always photograph well being a tri-coat.

Cyber Orange Schoolbus: when laying flat it was mostly orange. Once light was applied this color danced. See disclosure about the card material. However, in person this color just danced in the light. It grew on me a lot. People who like this color will be rewarded with a paint that keeps them intrigued. If you love the orange and wish it didn't have silver/gold, you won't love this. Its a dynamic color.​
shirt = cactus grey

pants = carbonized grey

ship me the prize

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is like a bad Moody Blues song (with some bronco6g humor thrown in). Rick removes the color from our sight, race red is cactus grey and cyber orange is OJ white, but Ford decides what is right, and what is an illusion (CG)........................ahh, just dating myself. The younger members are like, "The Moody who.............?"

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great job Rick?i really like cg even more now but i cant see going bb just to get it.
Talked yesterday to a place that does excellent wraps and nailed a good price when i take delivery way cheaper and i get what i want. The wrap guy says ?to the removable flares it will be trick!
Had to laugh at the inspection light im never an arms length away from mine lol.

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is like a bad Moody Blues song (with some bronco6g humor thrown in). Rick removes the color from our sight, race red is cactus grey and cyber orange is OJ white, but Ford decides what is right, and what is an illusion (CG)........................ahh, just dating myself. The younger members are like, "The Moody who.............?"
Ford Bronco Reviewed Bronco paint samples book with inspection lamp - Photos & Video of Antimatter Blue, Cactus Gray, Cyber Orange, Rapid Red 44XmQNk
Sponsored