Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So which one do I need then to get the washout interior?

hqdefault.jpg
You need to share the link to this video. For some reason, I want to watch it lol
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So which one do I need then to get the washout interior?
Obviously, one that passes the ASMR scratch, tap, & sniff test for maximum water resistance. ;)

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes I did touch both. I didn't flick or knock or scratch but that kinda proves my point. If I can't tell visually, or with a slight touch its gimmicky and not worth worrying about. When I get in my wifes 2019 Expedition I don't need to do those extra tactile functions to tell the soft touch premium surfaces, they are apparent. Really, I wouldn't want those in a Bronco, her dash is not easy to clean. What I would like to have seen is the ActiveX material used on the seats as on option on the Bronco instead of leather. They are the best seats that we have ever had. No creasing, no wrinkles, still look brand new almost two years later.
Will be interesting to see how the "leather" seats wear. Of course, they're NOT actually leather, they're "leather trimmed vinyl." I wanted vjnyl seats on my OBX, but they're not available. I wanted electric adjustable cloth seats, but they're not available. But the leather/vinyl seats on OBX come with electric, so that's what i paid an extra 2,000 for. For tall people, the extra adjustability that electric seats provide is crucial.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Obviously, one that passes the ASMR scratch, tap, & sniff test for maximum water resistance. ;)
What’s an ASMR test? Heard this a couple times. Goog
Will be interesting to see how the "leather" seats wear. Of course, they're NOT actually leather, they're "leather trimmed vinyl." I wanted vjnyl seats on my OBX, but they're not available. I wanted electric adjustable cloth seats, but they're not available. But the leather/vinyl seats on OBX come with electric, so that's what i paid an extra 2,000 for. For tall people, the extra adjustability that electric seats provide is crucial.
hey were you able to get that video working? Not sure if it works for you but it wasn’t working for me. You seem to be the lone beholder of an in close look at OBX interior finishes.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was in an OBX leather High package yesterday. Heres a quick video of the dash. Mine in burnt/onyx is being built late june.
Does this help?
Heres a photo of me sitting in the OBX that shows the dash. The video doesnt work.

20210424_155421.jpg

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Heres a photo of me sitting in the OBX that shows the dash. The video doesnt work.

Ford Bronco Revisiting the "High Level Instrument Panel" Mystery [Update: There Is No Such Thing] 20210424_155421
Yup. That’s the smoking gun. Thanks. Haha

what’s that scene from My Cousin Vinny? That’s it babe. You solved it. A pic of me in the shower!!

haha. Sorry. I kid.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

hey were you able to get that video working? Not sure if it works for you but it wasn’t working for me. You seem to be the lone beholder of an in close look at OBX interior finishes.
It works for me. Ill try to shrink it and try again. I posted a photo of the 6'5" me in the leather seat of the OBX.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This follows exactly what Ford did with the 2015 launch of Mustang.

They called it "delux" or something like that, but the same thing, foam backed materials in touch-locations.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here is a lo res copy (I hope) of the short video . . . I was trying to catch the inside if the car. See if this works.

Attachments

Sponsored

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

At first I thought ASMR was the AIS or "Ass In Seat" test, but when I looked it up I found this:

ASMR, or autonomous sensory meridian response, is a pleasant physical or emotional feeling (not based in science) triggered most often by soft sounds such as vocal fry, rustling leaves, crinkling paper, or scratching dry skin

Personally, I prefer the AIS test - based in science. 🤨

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I compiled some photos in one post comparing the two for guys to keep a look out at road show

HLIP dash - raised pock marks. Looks richer/thicker. The pattern is very dense, and similar to carbon fiber, gives off a moire effect depending on the lighting. It’s like a rubbery material overlay as others have noted
Ford Bronco Revisiting the "High Level Instrument Panel" Mystery [Update: There Is No Such Thing] AD48EA30-4494-4F83-95A1-77590ECEC89D
Ford Bronco Revisiting the "High Level Instrument Panel" Mystery [Update: There Is No Such Thing] DD0FC4C4-35AC-41D1-B1DC-EEC0F648E5A5

Ford Bronco Revisiting the "High Level Instrument Panel" Mystery [Update: There Is No Such Thing] 7035F300-011F-4BB4-B8C0-DF1151C727D9
c

Ford Bronco Revisiting the "High Level Instrument Panel" Mystery [Update: There Is No Such Thing] 99AAE77A-A506-4A09-A6CE-33FF03B0E947
Ford Bronco Revisiting the "High Level Instrument Panel" Mystery [Update: There Is No Such Thing] 5C03AFA9-200F-4E5A-B419-B9D12C41C0A2

....Versus non HLIP dash - Basically cheap raw plastic stamped with a pattern that gives off more glare than the HLIP dash since the graining is shallower and it’s more reflective. I could attest it’s scratchy, thin, and knocks hollow.

TBD on the HLIP feel, however others have noted it has some flex to it. Probably because it’s just a rubber material applied to the non HLIP plastic dash which is hollow. Sounds like a slight improvement but not a massive improvement. HLIP does not sound like it will be injection mold soft touch, but somewhere in between that and the raw plastic found on non HLIP dashes.

Here’s the non HLIP

Ford Bronco Revisiting the "High Level Instrument Panel" Mystery [Update: There Is No Such Thing] D2846DC0-7F7F-4035-A858-EE0DF6892EF4
Ford Bronco Revisiting the "High Level Instrument Panel" Mystery [Update: There Is No Such Thing] A77F74F6-D3ED-4AE7-8749-CC871573C511

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Revisiting the "High Level Instrument Panel" Mystery [Update: There Is No Such Thing] OBX (5)

Up close of the Luna Pier OBX IP at the St. Augustine Bronco Family Roadshow event on 4/22.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
^^^ yup, that's it. Consistent with HLIP photos above.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

^^^ yup, that's it. Consistent with HLIP photos above.
And of course, all of these fall under the "pre-production" umbrella. As another mentioned earlier in the thread, the HLIP might not make it to production based on the order guide. I still think it is a worthy exercise to discern the difference, but it may be a moot point for MY21 Bronco owners. MY22 Bronco owners may receive it along with other items that were eliminated for MY21 (Capable Bumper for example).
Sponsored