jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@LSU Jonno others on this thread have confirmed rubberized materials on the dash for higher trims. And the upper door cards are more clearly confirmed by more people, as well as photos that are more easily distinguishable. Although I do think it would help to have someone that is now aware of this thread go to a road show and do an in-person comparison.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If this is the case, what an idiotic name for it. I know the dash technically houses the instrument panel but, “high level instrument panel” doesn’t make me think, “nicer dash.”

The fact no one even thought about this for 9 months is proof it’s a terrible way to phrase it.

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this is the case, what an idiotic name for it. I know the dash technically houses the instrument panel but, “high level instrument panel” doesn’t make me think, “nicer dash.”

The fact no one even thought about this for 9 months is proof it’s a terrible way to phrase it.
I take exception to this...

...we've been obsessing about what "High Level Instrument Panel" has meant for a while...

I mean... at least I have...

;)

Ford Bronco Revisiting the "High Level Instrument Panel" Mystery [Update: There Is No Such Thing] Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 11.15.45

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got to page 2 of the thread before noticing the MGV confusion with BL bugged me enough to need to comment. Appologies if it's a repeat. The video from ages ago about the materials, they stated that badlands has MGV rollovers on the doors and MGV on the center console. Not sure how that compares to WT and FE but the MGV rollovers and center console are seemingly regardless of package selection or seat material selection.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So has it been 100% confirmed that cloth seats won't be electric? Why won't they be in a LUX pkg? I have cloth seats in other Ford vehicles and they are electric.
Yes, ive researched it carefully and there's no cloth with electric on any Bronco model. Electric leather/vinyl is available ONLY on OBX, BL, and above (i didnt research carefully the WT & FE but i believe this applies to them). I believe its a water intrusion concern in a vehicle that highlights an open roof. Plus, with the complexities of a first year release, we deal with some limits.

You are correct that in general, ford trucks can be purchased with cloth, electric-adjustable seating. My current 2016 F150 is cloth-electric captains chair, and so was my 2000 E350 club van . . . That was a $695 upgrade for me in 2000. Still remember it!

Personally, I've usually considered leather a luxury i dont want to pay for, but in this case, ive sprung for the leather $2,100 upgrade because i want to be comfortable driving a smaller car than I've owned since my Escape/Freestyle period, or the successive International Scouts I drove during the 1970s decade. My 1975 Scout with auto trans reminds me most of the Bronco. But i degress.

Sitting in the 4dr OBX Saturday, leather-vinyl, im quite satisfied. If i decided i couldnt afford the $2,100 upgrade, I'd change the engine from 2.7 to 2.3 to save $1800. I've almost done that srveral times. I have the 2.7 on my crew cab F150, and it has more than enough power, pickup, torque, and reliability. Also, the 2.7 requires 91 octane fuel to run well and meet its EPA goals, although it will run on 87. Also, that engine requires a $300 injector cleaning every 30,000 or 40,000 miles. But im pkeased with it, and have it in the OBX

Sponsored

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@LSU Jonno others on this thread have confirmed rubberized materials on the dash for higher trims. And the upper door cards are more clearly confirmed by more people, as well as photos that are more easily distinguishable. Although I do think it would help to have someone that is now aware of this thread go to a road show and do an in-person comparison.
[/QUOTE

There is absolutely no rubberized material on the dash. My impression from feeling it was that it was made from LDPE, which is fairly soft and can have a somewhat rubbery feeling, but it's definitely still plastic. It's not soft touch, and it's not rubberized. It's just plastic like every other dash on every other trim. The MGV on the door cards are the only difference between the higher and lower end interiors. I spent probably 20 minutes looking at the dash trying to figure out what any difference might exist, and quite frankly there is none.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I take exception to this...

...we've been obsessing about what "High Level Instrument Panel" has meant for a while...

I mean... at least I have...

;)

Ford Bronco Revisiting the "High Level Instrument Panel" Mystery [Update: There Is No Such Thing] Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 11.15.45
Haha I phrased that incorrectly. I was merely saying no one (that I’ve seen) to this point has put the dash and soft materials into the conversation. Believe me, I know we’ve been obsessing over what this was exactly for a long time lol. I know I’ve asked the question before.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Beach_Bum

IDK - Personally, i'd heavily wager that those material upgrades are here to stay. Too much false advertising to have it on the road show trucks that are going all across the country with dealer events every day. It seems like a bit of a liability for consumers paying for an upper tier trim, and feeling the wrapped upper doors and dash. Then on delivery day get what's on the BD and below - which is super plasticy and knocks hollow. I feel that if those two changes were not making it to production, then the reps would be instructed to convey to us at dealer events. I'm not sure what happened with the literature and the removal of HLIP. Maybe it had to do with a better gauge cluster that went to the wayside a long time ago....or maybe it was a simple omission.

take your example - the capable bumper. If half the road show trucks had a capable bumper installed and were shown around across the country, the reps would be advised to tell us it’s not available for 2021.
The High Package includes "additional sound deadening material" in its description. I wonder if that is a change in dash or door coverings, hence a difference across models and trims.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Haha I phrased that incorrectly. I was merely saying no one (that I’ve seen) to this point has put the dash and soft materials into the conversation. Believe me, I know we’ve been obsessing over what this was exactly for a long time lol. I know I’ve asked the question before.
Could refer to the "High Package" that includes "additional sound deadening material" according to B&P.

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The High Package includes "additional sound deadening material" in its description. I wonder if that is a change in dash or door coverings, hence a difference across models and trims.
Could refer to the "High Package" that includes "additional sound deadening material" according to B&P.
The "additional sound deadening" is material added to the engine bay:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...gine-bay-of-2021-bronco-high-package-🔊.12518/

Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not disputing that some folks seem to feel a difference between materials on different trims.

I am disputing that:
  1. If there is a difference in materials, this is what was originally meant by the term "HLIP". The wording in the order guide seems to dispute this, and as others point out above, this has gotta be one one of the weirdest ways to describe a difference in dash materials.
  2. That we can somehow discern which trims have which materials by photographs taken weeks to months apart of different pre-production vehicles by looking at moire effects and texture variations...as if this is evidence of anything with the 20 different variables at play.
I have a reservation to sit in Broncos at a May 21st dealer event. I'll be sure to give all dashes a scratch, sniff, tap, knock and spit test, while every other attendee at the event watches in awe as I attempt to clarify the most minute of details all for the sake of satisfying the curiosities of bronco6g.com.

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But we've got a fleet vehicle with a "soft touch" dash that is very durable and easy to clean... it seems a little thicker and sound absorbing than just a straight sheet of plastic.
I've never mentioned it, but I think that is the core reason for the HLIP. Lower trims don't have access to the Lux package that includes the upgraded B&O sound system. The designers knew the effect of a hard plastic dash with the acoustics. While the Lux includes tech such as ACC, the main impetus would be for the upgraded sound system. Ford wouldn't hear the end of it if the B&O sounded like crap reverberating off a solid piece of plastic. While there is only so much that Ford can do to improve the acoustics in a vehicle such as this, it doesn't mean that they can't improve it where it is obvious.

By including it on trims that have access to the Lux package, it makes it easier with regards to sourcing of parts.

I'm sorry that you missed it, but since October I've been proposing the theory that the HLIP is only the soft-touch IP or as non-designers refer to it as a dashboard. I gave up arguing when people are insisting it refers to a gauge cluster despite evidence where the designers of the Bronco repeatedly refer to the entire "dashboard" as the Informational Panel.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've never mentioned it, but I think that is the core reason for the HLIP. Lower trims don't have access to the Lux package that includes the upgraded B&O sound system. The designers knew the effect of a hard plastic dash with the acoustics. While the Lux includes tech such as ACC, the main impetus would be for the upgraded sound system. Ford wouldn't hear the end of it if the B&O sounded like crap reverberating off a solid piece of plastic. While there is only so much that Ford can do to improve the acoustics in a vehicle such as this, it doesn't mean that they can't improve it where it is obvious.

By including it on trims that have access to the Lux package, it makes it easier with regards to sourcing of parts.

I'm sorry that you missed it, but since October I've been proposing the theory that the HLIP is only the soft-touch IP or as non-designers refer to it as a dashboard. I gave up arguing when people are insisting it refers to a gauge cluster despite evidence where the designers of the Bronco repeatedly refer to the entire "dashboard" as the Informational Panel.
Man I guess I did miss it!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man I guess I did miss it!
It might have been easy to miss as it has been pretty much a small team (Zack and I) that have proposed the theory contrary to the majority who have been expecting an upgraded digital gauge cluster.

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s one of our fleet Fords.

Hard plastic on the glove box, “soft touch” on the dash. Both have same apparent texture.
Sponsored