Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s one of our fleet Fords.

Hard plastic on the glove box, “soft touch” on the dash. Both have same apparent texture.
Pffttt... No sniff and spit test? Amateur! :rolleyes: ;) 😁
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not disputing that some folks seem to feel a difference between materials on different trims.

I am disputing that:
  1. If there is a difference in materials, this is what was originally meant by the term "HLIP". The wording in the order guide seems to dispute this, and as others point out above, this has gotta be one one of the weirdest ways to describe a difference in dash materials.
  2. That we can somehow discern which trims have which materials by photographs taken weeks to months apart of different pre-production vehicles by looking at moire effects and texture variations...as if this is evidence of anything with the 20 different variables at play.
I have a reservation to sit in Broncos at a May 21st dealer event. I'll be sure to give all dashes a scratch, sniff, tap, knock and spit test, while every other attendee at the event watches in awe as I attempt to clarify the most minute of details all for the sake of satisfying the curiosities of bronco6g.com.
You D' Man!

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is what I would have liked to seen. I’m sure they could have been more creative than what it is. Not the end of the world but I see a lot more of the instrument panel than I do the signature headlights.
Even a digital version of this would be cool.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From BN and confirmed by Ford:

"Turns out, the high level instrument panel option that was talked about in some early marketing material for the new Ford Bronco wasn’t actually an option at all. We’ve confirmed with Ford that the IPs on all 2021 Broncos are the same across all series. The option does not include the BYOD rack or a different instrumentation panel. Essentially, the “high level instrument panel” doesn’t exist and is being removed from the order guide. This is why we haven’t included a picture of it in this post.

Mystery solved."

https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/new-high-level-instrument-panel-information.4446/

@ZackDanger @jaruss01 et al.

OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From BN and confirmed by Ford:

"Turns out, the high level instrument panel option that was talked about in some early marketing material for the new Ford Bronco wasn’t actually an option at all. We’ve confirmed with Ford that the IPs on all 2021 Broncos are the same across all series. The option does not include the BYOD rack or a different instrumentation panel. Essentially, the “high level instrument panel” doesn’t exist and is being removed from the order guide. This is why we haven’t included a picture of it in this post.

Mystery solved."

https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/new-high-level-instrument-panel-information.4446/

@ZackDanger @jaruss01 et al.
I feel like I’ve reached total enlightenment.

Ford Bronco Revisiting the "High Level Instrument Panel" Mystery [Update: There Is No Such Thing] 1619486639714

(A little suspicious on the timing of that BN post though)

(and it’s a little disappointing to not even know what they had originally meant by it)

(time to start some MY22 rumors?)

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We have no idea what HLIP even included from the onset.

here’s my post
Ford Bronco Revisiting the "High Level Instrument Panel" Mystery [Update: There Is No Such Thing] 87404CC8-0D27-4BDF-B6A7-68DD338B253D

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update from moderator over on the BN thread (link above) - Ford confirms upper dash material/graining for all Broncos is the same. The only difference is color. HLIP was supposed to be full digital gauge (so it seems) so that was never really considered or shown out.

I guess the only upgrade on OBX and up are the upper door inserts to be vinyl/MGV.

Maybe I am stubborn as hell, but the graining on the dash consistently looks different on the higher trims. I'll believe it when I see it (or if someone provides a thorough in person review comparing them at a road show). But I am setting my expectations that I am wrong and my OBX dash will just be a roast colored hard plastic BD dash when I take delivery.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This whole BN thread is great, lol. We have:
  1. No confirmation of what HLIP actually referred to originally
  2. People still claiming that HLIP refers to gauge clusters (with examples from other Ford vehicles)
  3. Confirmation that differences in IP no longer exists
  4. Confirmation that all graining is the same on IP materials (regardless of moire effects seen in pictures, lol)

Don't worry, I am still planning my scratch, sniff, tap, knock, spit, and lick tests on May 21st. Clearly there is a conspiracy here just waiting to be uncovered.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ZackDanger

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update from moderator over on the BN thread (link above) - Ford confirms upper dash material/graining for all Broncos is the same. The only difference is color. HLIP was supposed to be full digital gauge (so it seems) so that was never really considered or shown out.

I guess the only upgrade on OBX and up are the upper door inserts to be vinyl/MGV.

Maybe I am stubborn as hell, but the graining on the dash consistently looks different on the higher trims. I'll believe it when I see it (or if someone provides a thorough in person review comparing them at a road show). But I am setting my expectations that I am wrong and my OBX dash will just be a roast colored hard plastic BD dash when I take delivery.
This whole BN thread is great, lol. We have:
  1. No confirmation of what HLIP actually referred to originally
  2. People still claiming that HLIP refers to gauge clusters (with examples from other Ford vehicles)
  3. Confirmation that differences in IP no longer exists
  4. Confirmation that all graining is the same on IP materials (regardless of moire effects seen in pictures, lol)

Don't worry, I am still planning my scratch, sniff, tap, knock, spit, and lick tests on May 21st. Clearly there is a conspiracy here just waiting to be uncovered.
Another strike against the all digital gauge cluster:

I'm in possession of a very early leak from the company that designed the UI/Graphics for the cluster. There's a some iconography and functionally included in the renders that is not included on the current Bronco... so they were clearly designing for the future... and there is nothing to imply or suggest an all-digital gauge cluster.

Unless Ford planned to handed a second screen differently than the screen that exists now... but that seams farfetched.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That doesnt surprise me. I would almost guaranty that ford went down the road on many items, such as full LCD, and at some point had a meeting as to what should intentionally be heldback for a refresh. A loaded FE Bronco doesnt have a full LCD dash when the F150 has it is fairly obvious. Its also incredibly suspicious that the center console has a hollow cavity by the back of it and looks like it would accommodate future rear AC ducts.

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That doesnt surprise me. I would almost guaranty that ford went down the road on many items, such as full LCD, and at some point had a meeting as to what should intentionally be heldback for a refresh. A loaded FE Bronco doesnt have a full LCD dash when the F150 has it is fairly obvious. Its also incredibly suspicious that the center console has a hollow cavity by the back of it and looks like it would accommodate future rear AC ducts.
Ford is intentionally leaving things out to be able to make improvements on their perfect product! The perfect sales strategy! Leave out small things and change them the next year so people that bought the year before have to go buy again! Lol completely joking. Piss poor planing I'm sure.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Huh?? Are you joking or not? Because what you said is actually what most manufacturers do.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In other news...

There is no "low-level" instrument panel for the new Ford Bronco.
Sponsored