Sponsored

Rhino Hide: New product looks promising.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly my point haha! I have been literally gouged like somebody hooked me with a large fish hook and ripped it out, by these damn trees. Particularly the bottom one. They arent just soft needles like a cactus, although we have plenty of those as well, they are dense solid wood spears that will tear through your skin like tissue paper. Everything in Arizona is trying to kill you. :ROFLMAO:
You need an armored personnel carrier, not a Bronco... ;)

Ford Bronco Rhino Hide: New product looks promising. 1617035794768
Sponsored

Deleted member 13702

Company still might make a swappable panel that can be put on in place of the factory quarter panels. Isn’t that the whole point of the Bronco being modular?

OP
OP
LostInArizona

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Company still might make a swappable panel that can be put on in place of the factory quarter panels. Isn’t that the whole point of the Bronco being modular?
Yea but as I mentioned in a previous post I was more looking for something for the doors. 100% guaranteed somebody will make ruggedized quarter panels. Unless somebody can make enclosed panel door replacements as well...

RhinoB

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I love off-roading and have generally accepted that scratches and dents are unavoidable. There are a lot of products on the market that can help protect against light scratches but as of yet I have not seen any non-permanent (like non-bolt on armor) solutions that can protect against anything a little more severe. Granted I don't think these things are going to help that much if you bring your a side panel down with the full weight of the truck on a rock or something. But it seems like this could really take a beating.. Of course, they something in development for jeeps, but I think if we hound them enough we can probably get them interested in the Bronco as well. In any case, worth keeping an eye on.

4x4 Paintwork Protection (rhinohide.com.au)

Rhinohide Vehicle Protection SEMA 2019 - YouTube
Hey Brandon - thanks for the feedback on the new Rhinohide Armor. I work with Rhinohide in Australia, and if there was enough interest as we work towards a 'near-future' roll-out in the U.S. we'd definitely consider making them for a Bronco - we'd need get about 100 sets committed to make it feasible.

RhinoB

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Unless you can attach with something other than magnets, I think we are out of luck on the Bronco. I believe all body panels are aluminum.
Hey thanks for the interest, worth noting that the new Rhinohide Armor attaches to all steel, aluminium and composite body panels using Armor-Lock suspension technology. There is no drilling required, and they are rated to 130km/h (+80mp/h). They are easily installed on your vehicle, and also easily removed.

Check it out here:

Sponsored

RhinoB

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Unless you can attach with something other than magnets, I think we are out of luck on the Bronco. I believe all body panels are aluminum.
Hey thanks for the interest, worth noting that the new Rhinohide Armor attaches to all steel, aluminium and composite body panels using Armor-Lock suspension technology. There is no drilling required, and they are rated to 130km/h (+80mp/h). They are easily installed on your vehicle, and also easily removed.

Check it out here:

RhinoB

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oh really? I figured there would be some steel in there somewhere. That's s shame. Well, nevermind then, haha! I guess I will just be buying new body panels. :ROFLMAO:

I wonder if they could figure out a different way to attach something like this. Like a lip that goes around the edge or something. I am less concerned about the fenders and more about the doors themselves as although being removeable are probably easy to replace, are not likely to be cost effective to do so. I mean, yea you could put some bar doors in there I suppose, but honestly I dont like wheeling like that in AZ due to the dust, especially when you're with other people and not in the front of the pack lol.

Check it out here:

RhinoB

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oh really? I figured there would be some steel in there somewhere. That's s shame. Well, nevermind then, haha! I guess I will just be buying new body panels. :ROFLMAO:

I wonder if they could figure out a different way to attach something like this. Like a lip that goes around the edge or something. I am less concerned about the fenders and more about the doors themselves as although being removeable are probably easy to replace, are not likely to be cost effective to do so. I mean, yea you could put some bar doors in there I suppose, but honestly I dont like wheeling like that in AZ due to the dust, especially when you're with other people and not in the front of the pack lol.

Check it out here:

RhinoB

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
great product i just dont like that ist rated up to 50MPH ...... it kind of limits you on when to put it on

RhinoB

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks like a simple and easy way to protect your rig when off-roading. If they can figure out a way to attach it to the bronco I would be interested in it unless it's stupid expensive

Check it out here:

Sponsored
OP
OP
LostInArizona

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spam much? Or were those responses from a bot?

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Folks gotta actually check the website link provided by the OP before commenting. Rhinohide doesn’t use magnets - that is their claim to fame: their Armourlock system. And they already offer the Product for Ford (The new Ranger).

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check it out here:
Are you

Check it out here:

Are you going to make panels for the new Bronco?

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s held on by 3M double sided tape in Australia, where it’s already sold and used.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s held on by 3M double sided tape in Australia, where it’s already sold and used.
Thanks! I saw RhinoB respond with the video yesterday. Pretty neat and I like the idea of it, but not necessary for me right now.

Curious how many fasteners will be required for the Bronco and where they will be located on each panel. I am not sure I like where they are all located on the Jeep (when the panels are off), but it seems to blend more on other vehicles.
Sponsored