Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Update #2: Totally not a Bronco-related day, but the garage is about to get cramped again when the '51 comes home from paint.

This has been in the works for about 2 years so don't take this as a nod towards what direction Bronco paint colors should go, but she's a beaut in green!

Looking at about 6-10 months to get all the stainless and chrome polished, then re-install everything and start on the custom interior. This will be ready for summer driving, 2022.

Ford Bronco Rick Astley build journal: MY2? Badlands 2.3/MT/2-door 7-1 finished pic 1

Ford Bronco Rick Astley build journal: MY2? Badlands 2.3/MT/2-door 7-1 finished pic 3

---------------------------------------
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol I already have boxes of stuff to go on the bronco as soon as it gets home. I have all my rock lights, communications, trail trash bag, windshield sunshade, and I'm making a multi-tire inflate/deflate system. This is just a few of the things I have. Welcome to the world of offroading where your wallets always empty. Lol

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love that Home Depot sells shackles now. They were always hard to get for years. Maybe at Rural King or TSC but those are few and far between. Now you can get em there for $10 or less.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bro, you drinking in Home Depot...with an “I f’ed up” koozie!??

haha jk

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s in the bag? ‘51 what? Not being nosy, just getting a feel for the direction and all. Lookin forward to the homemade (personal customization) stuff.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

With the first official Bronco purchase today, I'll start the build journal.

This first page will get updates as items come into the garage but most likely it will be personal customization rather than off-the-shelf parts that get the attention.

Here we go, will come in handy as I need to tow the '51 across the property for paint. View attachment 109547
Ford Bronco Rick Astley build journal: MY2? Badlands 2.3/MT/2-door uu7

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does that Chapstick come in a bucket? You're gonna need it.

Ford Bronco Rick Astley build journal: MY2? Badlands 2.3/MT/2-door 1618231582790

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What’s in the bag? ‘51 what? Not being nosy, just getting a feel for the direction and all. Lookin forward to the homemade (personal customization) stuff.
In a few months I should be able to share what it takes to get a car re-painted green (assuming you don't already have the tools, equipment, know-how, experience and facilities, as I don't)..... Since there were so many people clamoring for green Broncos i'm sure they will be green with envy.

FWIW, on older cars sometimes the easiest way to break your rusty nuts lose is to tighten to failure.

Also, I love the shit talking already started in this thread! As long as it's good clean family fun, i'm always up for a good ol' ball busting!

Last edited:

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

He is going to pull the 51 Chevy across the property with the shackle depicted in an effort to have it painted green.

Last edited:

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

To the best of my knowledge, I’ve not seen it and only heard him mention a thunderbird and a newer model ranger. Thank you for clarifying though. Genuinely interested in all mods and builds done by the owners... I’m not so much into the “bolt on” stuff, though I’d never ridicule or belittle anyone for their choices, not everyone is a craftsman.
His signature pointed me to it.
I am a slave to the bolt on because I can't weld worth a darn.

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In a few months I should be able to share what it takes to get a car re-painted green (assuming you don't already have the tools, equipment, know-how, experience and facilities, as I don't)..... Since there were so many people clamoring for green Broncos i'm sure they will be green with envy.

FWIW, on older cars sometimes the easiest way to break your rusty nuts lose is to tighten to failure.

Also, I love the shit talking already started in this thread! As long as it's good clean family fun, i'm always up for a good ol' ball busting!
Few Months? A good paint shop and about say $3,500 probably safely gets you there. Look at how much time I saved you. You could probably get it for a lot less, but as you pointed out that would take time and effort and tools......:p

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Few Months? A good paint shop and about say $3,500 probably safely gets you there. Look at how much time I saved you. You could probably get it for a lot less, but as you pointed out that would take time and effort and tools......:p
A full car spray at Maaco will run you over $5,000 around here if they are knocking down the paint at all (zero body work). Add a few thousand if you're going down to metal and expect not to have wavy panels.

Typically speaking, on a car you're expecting to have for the next 20 years, going with the cut-rate/cut-corners paint job isn't always the best decision. The paint on the car now is only at year 14 and it's failed badly (while still looking spry in photographs!).
Sponsored