Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello All,

I know none of us has driven the Bronco, but maybe the Wrangler drivers can help.

How much better if any will the ride quality be in the 2 door vs. the 4 door? On road and off road. With and without the Sasquatch package.

4 door more stable?

Thank you.
Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello All,

I know none of us has driven the Bronco, but maybe the Wrangler drivers can help.

How much better if any will the ride quality be in the 2 door vs. the 4 door? On road and off road. With and without the Sasquatch package.

4 door more stable?

Thank you.
Yes, the 4 door Bronco will be more stable and drive better at highway speeds than the 2 door. The 4 door will be even more stable with 35" tires vs the 2 door. Both will be more stable with 33s.. I think the 2 door Bronco will be more of a fun ride though.
The 2 door Bronco is longer than the 2 door wrangler so it should be better all the way around, plus the IFS will help. Some think the 2 door wrangler is too short and the 4 door is too long so the 2 door Bronco should come in just right. For offroading overall the 2 door will do better since it has less wheelbase. There are some situations where a 4 door does better, but overall the 2 door wins for offroad.
I have a 2 door and 4 door wrangler so I get to drive both.

Last edited:

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All things considered the longer wheelbase should translate into a better ride.
Yep, a longer wheelbase will always be more stable as well, but the 100.4 on the 2-door won't be bad and will be better than a wrangler at 96.8. My XJ at 101 had very little bucking horse ride unlike my CJ-5 at 83.5.

Sponsored

Magical_Savior

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bobber Black, Honda CB1100EX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Similar but unrelated. I drive on shite roads. Cracked and glued together into a mass of highway snakes, pocked and cratered like the surface of the moon. Would more offroad-type tires and suspension help, or more passenger-type? 2-door or 4-door?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Similar but unrelated. I drive on shite roads. Cracked and glued together into a mass of highway snakes, pocked and cratered like the surface of the moon. Would more offroad-type tires and suspension help, or more passenger-type? 2-door or 4-door?
The 4-door would excell over the 2-door in this environment, but the independent suspension is going to soak up most of this compared to the feel of a solid axle. Larger tires will also help, but no need for 35's for just this.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am going with a 2dr Sasquatched Badlands. The wheelbase on my current Subaru Crosstrek is 104.9-longer than the 2dr Bronco. Was surprised by that. Hoping the IFS keeps the highway handling reasonable. For awhile I had decided to go 4 door for the practicality, but after seeing a 4 door in person it just seemed too long for my taste. Usually I will be alone or with my wife so no pressing need for the 4 door.
Sponsored