5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Is the ride difference that much different between '23 BL SAS & WT HOSS 3.0? Will people notice it in everyday driving or only in off roading?

I had both a WT and a BL on order since 2021, each with different dealers. I'd heard the WT with HOSS 3.0 was so much better for ride & handling so the original plan was wife would get WT and I'd get BL. Then we got tired of waiting and got my wife a Telluride. So then plan was to take whichever came in first and when other came I'd drive it to see which I liked better. BL is currently in my driveway, but the other dealer is pretty much telling me I won't get my WT.

Is it worth pursuing a WT at what seems like it would be a $3-5k cost to me to sell Badlands and get WT? Will be up front to say that vast majority of driving will be daily driving, and that's where I had heard that HOSS 3.0 was noticeable. Just wish I had a way to drive a '23 WT to compare for myself. Instead I'm relying on you all :)
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pretty sure not many if any, have the seat time in both to give you a good answer...

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve had both a hoss 2.0 Wildtrak and a hoss 3.0 Wildtrak (and my wife drives a Telluride also!). I daily drive the 3.0 and love it. I’ve had it since June last year and the memory of the ride on 2.0 has faded, but I will say that the ride in the new one is excellent. For me the price difference was very negligible given the upgrades involved and the cost of doing any of that aftermarket.

OP
OP

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Keep the BL until the WT arrives. Test drive the WT then and decide.
That was plan, but I don't have a WT on order any more. Dealer indicated my order would not get filled this year.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That was plan, but I don't have a WT on order any more. Dealer indicated my order would not get filled this year.
Unless your dealer cancelled you order, you still have a WT on order. You may or may not get it. My dealer asked if I wanted to change. I didn't, so I still have my WT on order. My bet is that your dealer is telling you that so if it does get built they have a unit to sell with ADM.

OP
OP

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Due to the dealer indicating it would not be filled in MY23, I changed the WT order to get the $2500 order modification offer and then I used that on my Badlands :)

I guess if I wanted I could always order a WT in MY24, but I'm hoping my MSRP Raptor order will be filled no later than MY24

Last edited:

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The internet says its a better on road ride, soft more comfortable. If you plan on ordering a raptor (as I am) just go raptor. Its more capable and better in all ways aside from how wide it is. It should also have better resale value. Our 23 WT should be delivered in a month Ill let you know what I think. I also have a BL on order that should be showing up same time. I dont plan on keeping both and honestly think the WT would be better for a daily drive. Sure, its missing from sway disconnect and some armor but I will drive on a road way more then I will off road.

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Test drove quite a few Broncos. The new 23 Wildtrak I ended up getting felt way smoother for the small price ADM. I have not tested it yet off-road but plan to next week this has been all paved or snow covered roads.

I daily drive it but don’t want to kill it so I take it into shuttle park in a safe part of my town. 1900 miles so far
Sponsored