Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Badlands has Baja mode. Wildtrak has Sport and Badlands has Rock Crawl, but they both have Baja mode.
WT has Baja AND Sport. Barring a zombie apocalypse, i won't be extreme rock crawling. Question then becomes, is MGV and SBD worth 3K.
Sponsored

Ta2punk

Raptor
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
WT has Baja AND Sport. Barring a zombie apocalypse, i won't be extreme rock crawling. Question then becomes, is MGV and SBD worth 3K.
I thought you were saying you were getting WT because of Baja (unless I read your comment wrong). I was just clarifying that both WT and BL have Baja mode. I was on the fence as well but I have seen how fast it accelerates with the 2.7 and SAS on the highway in several ride along videos and it's not slow. I would love sport mode as well and I don't intend to do any EXTREME Rock Crawling but even for moderately tough trails a SBD will be nice and I really like the MGV with the orange stitching. I don't want a cloth interior and I'd rather have MGV over leather, no stains and easier to clean.

If they offered MGV in WT, I would be going WT.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought you were saying you were getting WT because of Baja (unless I read your comment wrong). I was just clarifying that both WT and BL have Baja mode. I was on the fence as well but I have seen how fast it accelerates with the 2.7 and SAS on the highway in several ride along videos and it's not slow. I would love sport mode as well and I don't intend to do any EXTREME Rock Crawling but even for moderately tough trails a SBD will be nice and I really like the MGV with the orange stitching. I don't want a cloth interior and I'd rather have MGV over leather, no stains and easier to clean.

If they offered MGV in WT, I would be going WT.
That is correct, you read it right. Ford has killed it with this vehicle, but unfortunately they boxed in the consumer as far as trim options go. Everyone has their limit.

OP
OP
Chase Gentry

Chase Gentry

Wildtrak
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 and 2016 TRD Tacoma & 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Chase, first off, thank you for taking the time to put this video together. This may be the best video on the internet of the bronco being driven close to its capabilities.
Hearing how enthusiastic Vaughn still is... two years into driving these Broncos around brings me so much confidence that ordering one will be worth the wait.
If Baja mode is anything like a gen 2 raptor, (the only personal experience I have to go off) I cannot wait! it's Kind of funny to hear him compare the Bronco to a Raptor and a RZR.
Was there anything he mentioned that he would like to see in the Bronco that Ford has not already provided?

(To everyone concerned about rattles.. I have driven a fair share of vehicles off-road at high speed. Not once, have I been in one that doesn't rattle at 60mph over washboard roads.)
So first off thanks man 🙏🙏 I really appreciate you and everyone watching it’s always intimidating when I’m trying to figure out my approach.
Second he actually didn’t mention anything, hes basically been part of the development for a while so I got the vibe he and Loren had LOTS of input and those things have already been included.

3rd the rattle lol it’s the tailgate upper hinge bolts that came loose. theres not lock tight on those 3 fasteners but production units will have that buttoned up.
all these “ride along” events I think are Fords way to do a couple Things , build hype obviously but to work out all the pesky 1st year quirks owners would normally deal with during first year ownership of a new vehicle launch. Ford is approaching this smart IMo.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Chase Gentry

Chase Gentry

Wildtrak
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Several of the trucks in the video have a minimal bumper. Is that the standard modular steel bumper with the ends removed?

Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 8.19.17 AM.png
You are correct

OP
OP
Chase Gentry

Chase Gentry

Wildtrak
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey Chase, how did it sound in real life? Your video made the Broco sound bad ass! But people are saying it’s fake noise that Ford is adding through the stereo? If that’s true, then why haven’t we heard it on other videos before? Why just this one? Doesn’t make sense to me.
So couple things... I was using a really good mic 🎤

and no BS myself and my camera guy were standing outside the rear of the red bronco in video with Vaughn chatting and another 2.7L badlands crushed by and both myself and camera guy simultaneously said “man they sound good” somehow the engine sounds A LOT throatier than I could have ever imagined a small displacement engine sounding.

OP
OP
Chase Gentry

Chase Gentry

Wildtrak
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Very well done video!

You know Ford had the right engineers on this when they bring out professional racers to test it, have to pull them aside, and tell them "you're not driving it hard enough..."!
Right lol 😂

Sponsored

ScrunchFace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great video Chase!

Can you (or anyone else) comment on the build and ride quality vs a Raptor?

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So couple things... I was using a really good mic 🎤

and no BS myself and my camera guy were standing outside the rear of the red bronco in video with Vaughn chatting and another 2.7L badlands crushed by and both myself and camera guy simultaneously said “man they sound good” somehow the engine sounds A LOT throatier than I could have ever imagined a small displacement engine sounding.
Thanks. So then the people that are saying the sound is being “pumped in through the stereo by Ford” might be wrong then. I really the final production models sound like that, specifically mine. 😉

OP
OP
Chase Gentry

Chase Gentry

Wildtrak
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great video Chase!

Can you (or anyone else) comment on the build and ride quality vs a Raptor?
Well Raptor guys are gunna hate this but but I think it’s built better than 1st & 2nd Gen raptors. Meaning it would seem Ford has taken everything they’ve learned from those and step WAY up on Bronco cuz it SOLID

Jolo86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLC 300
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The rattling in every video is a BIG concern.
Was concerned as well but then got to the end of the comments. Seems like it will be corrected. Lived down in baja for 6 months and had a 2001 4runner 2wd didn't rattle as bad and it was twelve years old at that point. Will deal with it if it does. Yeeeew!
Sponsored

Last edited: