First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It’s the tailgate upper hinge on pre production units two bolts come loose. final production uses extreme measure of lock tightening and lock bolts. I think all these events and ride along are meant to be Ford way of really ironing out those first year quirks/ issues by way of Ford driver ripping them around to find last few issue prior to final production and building extreme hype in the process. Smart if you ask me
This is great info, thanks for sharing. Awesome video.

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm only a minute in but yess that CG + Trektop combo :love:

Sponsored

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My driver said it was the tire carrier.
Theits either the tailgate or seats or something else.
My driver said it was the tire/tire carrier on the tailgate. Only heard it on the serious bumps and was told they did all their thrashing with them on with no issue. Hope they can quiet it down some if possible, but it made no noise at sane speeds/terrain.

OP
OP
Chase Gentry

Chase Gentry

Wildtrak
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 and 2016 TRD Tacoma & 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My driver said it was the tire carrier.

My driver said it was the tire/tire carrier on the tailgate. Only heard it on the serious bumps and was told they did all their thrashing with them on with no issue. Hope they can quiet it down some if possible, but it made no noise at sane speeds/terrain.
Yep it’s the tailgate upper hinge bolts coming loose. These units have been thrashed on all over the country and production models will have that little quirk corrected

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The comment was based on the fact they are driving a soft top, and we hear the same rattle as the hard top videos. Just pointing out the fact we can't blame the hard top as was being done, its either the tailgate or seats or something else.
When they're recording the dunes section with the audio inside placed over. You can see the back of the soft top bouncing while hearing the rattle at the same time. It's the top

Whiteboy_Mark

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry, 2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Been seeing a bunch of videos and comments on the off-road performance, but how was the short highway drive on the way there?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
He's enthusiastic about it, which is awesome! It's great that even after so many rides, these guys are still having fun.

Something new I learned in terms of off-road driving acumen from these ride-along videos:

Correct hand position is at "12 and automatic-gear-selector". This goes against all the teaching i've had at DirtFish rally school but it must be the true off-roaders secret weapon because it's been on every video so far.

I can see how this would make the automatic transmission a must-have item in so many people's builds, with the off road driving advantage it provides. My hands, for example, would likely be at the very unprofessional "10 and 3" or "10 and shifting gears", which is sloppy and prevents those emergency 4H-R money-shift one often encounters when blasting through the dunes.

Ford Bronco Riding with Vaughn Gittin Jr in 2.7L Badlands Sasquatch in Moab FULL SEND 1617744122864

Please note this isn't a rant, most of the time his right hand wasn't on the automatic transmission gear selector. Sometimes it was on his seatbelt, or hat, or lap. One time he even had some awesome "12 and 3" hand position.

Full disclosure: I'm just jealous he's out there driving and i'm at a desk working on some tax returns.... When he's driving seriously (and at much higher experience/capacity than I will ever have) i'm sure his hands are somewhere. Possibly holding down a Frappuccino stuffed between his legs because off road vehicles seldom have as many cupholders as Bronco has. (ZING!)

Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was lucky enough to do ride along in Moab. I'm working on a writeup, but the suspension on the Bronco is soooo amazing, you don't fully appreciate the ride. It doesn't feel at all like you are driving 60 mph on a bumper road.

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Chase Gentry That was great, thanks for the video!

I hope on your next trip, which you're also covering the Broncos, you get to do some coverage on the MT

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When they're recording the dunes section with the audio inside placed over. You can see the back of the soft top bouncing while hearing the rattle at the same time. It's the top
It may be the top, but in KOH videos many were convinced it was the radio in the cup holder. Which is why you hear it off road in the bumps versus the smooth highway.

OP
OP
Chase Gentry

Chase Gentry

Wildtrak
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 and 2016 TRD Tacoma & 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Been seeing a bunch of videos and comments on the off-road performance, but how was the short highway drive on the way there?
as compared to my built 4 runner it was superior for sure
Sponsored