Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-Door Badlands, KTM 390 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdy,

Last Thursday I picked up my 2022 2-Door Badlands 2.7L Lux Package. On my build sheet dated 11/29/21, "Sound Deadening Headliner" is listed as a $0 charge, as I believe I had selected it as an option when ordering. When I took delivery of the vehicle, I asked my dealer (who has been fantastic in every regard) if the mat material under the latches is the entire "sound deadening headliner," to which they said yes. Apparently, all they have seen sold through their dealership with hard tops were identical to mine.

My one complaint about my Bronco is the incredible noise originating from the roof. I finally had the night off and some time to do a bit of problem-solving. I am admittedly early in my research, but from all I have found thus far, the sound deadening headliner spans the length of each panel. Mine seems to only be in small squares under each latch. I will include pictures at the end of this post for reference.

My question is: Do I have the full sound deadening headliner installed?
Bonus questions:
Does it make a decent difference versus hard tops without it installed? Please humor me.
How have others dealt with a factory/dealer missing accessory or build piece, and how was it mitigated (asking even if my roof is ok, I would just like to know experiences).

Thank y'all for your help.

Ford Bronco Right or Wrong? - Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner Hard Top Pic 1
Ford Bronco Right or Wrong? - Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner Hard Top Pic 2
Ford Bronco Right or Wrong? - Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner Hard Top Pic 3
Ford Bronco Right or Wrong? - Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner Hard Top Pic 4
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So they told you those little squares were the sound deadening headliner?

OP
OP
Hunter

Hunter

Badlands
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So they told you those little squares were the sound deadening headliner?
That is correct. Did they just reverse the template for mine or what? This is a screenshot from a YouTube video I'm watching for "research."
Ford Bronco Right or Wrong? - Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner Hard Top Youtube Example 1

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is correct. Did they just reverse the template for mine or what? This is a screenshot from a YouTube video I'm watching for "research."
Ford Bronco Right or Wrong? - Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner Hard Top Youtube Example 1

I don't know what they did, but what they did not do was give you a headliner.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know what they did, but what they did not do was give you a headliner.
Those square patches are different for MY'22 then MY'21. MY'21 sound deadening headliner only has the panels mostly covered except around the latches where the underlying unfinished surface could be seen. For MY'22 the MIC panels have the square patches to cover over the sloppy craftsmanship of the MIC interior surface. It is a thinner patch that doesn't interfere with the movement of the latches, but provides a cleaner look combined with the sound deadening headliner.

To the OP, you obviously are missing the sound deadening headliner. As you surmise, it is only carpet. Consider yourself lucky as this gives you an opportunity to apply Kilmat or Dynamat and then affix carpet headliner to it. The dealer is just going to apply spray adhesive and roll out the carpet. Have them order the sound deadening headliner and apply it yourself.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hunter

Hunter

Badlands
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those square patches are different for MY'22 then MY'21. MY'21 sound deadening headliner only has the panels mostly covered except around the latches where the underlying unfinished surface could be seen. For MY'22 the MIC panels have the square patches to cover over the sloppy craftsmanship of the MIC interior surface. It is a thinner patch that doesn't interfere with the movement of the latches, but provides a cleaner look combined with the sound deadening headliner.

To the OP, you obviously are missing the sound deadening headliner. As you surmise, it is only carpet. Consider yourself lucky as this gives you an opportunity to apply Kilmat or Dynamat and then affix carpet headliner to it. The dealer is just going to apply spray adhesive and roll out the carpet. Have them order the sound deadening headliner and apply it yourself.
Thatā€™s a good idea, thank you very much! Iā€™m assuming you arenā€™t too impressed with the sound deadening properties of the ā€œsound deadeningā€ headliner that Iā€™m clearly missing. šŸ˜‚
Iā€™m willing to try anything. Iā€™m excited and impressed by every single thing about the Bronco, aside from the howling roof. The more I read, the more Iā€™m coming to the conclusion itā€™s just something Iā€™ll have to deal with. With that being said, I want to give it the best fighting chance possible with some sort of liner.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You got lied to. They know thatā€™s not the sound deadening material. Everyones looked like that sounds like another lie.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The headliner has an adhesive backing aka, peel and stick. That does not have the deadener installed so this is either a factory mistake, wasn't included in the "free" batch or was inadvertently removed from the order by the dealer. Either way, the window sticker should show it included the insulation. If it did, then this was a misbuilt vehicle and dealer should've caught it on PDI. At this point the only option is to get the headliner accessory kit.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I opted to not have the sound deadener on my Badlands and it has the same squares. The sound deadener covers the whole thing pretty much. You're better off without it and just go aftermarket because the Ford supplied one is trash.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thatā€™s a good idea, thank you very much! Iā€™m assuming you arenā€™t too impressed with the sound deadening properties of the ā€œsound deadeningā€ headliner that Iā€™m clearly missing. šŸ˜‚
Iā€™m willing to try anything. Iā€™m excited and impressed by every single thing about the Bronco, aside from the howling roof. The more I read, the more Iā€™m coming to the conclusion itā€™s just something Iā€™ll have to deal with. With that being said, I want to give it the best fighting chance possible with some sort of liner.
My opinion it is better than nothing when the cost is free. But my supposition why it was included for free was to cover up the poor quality of the interior MIC surface. If I had my choice, it would have been included in a kit to be applied by the consumer after a proper Dynamat/Kilmat application first. The carpet has a negligible effect of actual sound deadening.

Again, get with your dealer and have them order the kit. The cost will be determined whether it was supposed to be included or not based on the window sticker. But do yourself a favor and get some Kilmat/Dynamat first before rolling out the carpet per se.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

this. if i could order again i would opt out of the oem and do it myself.
Sponsored