Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What do people mean when they say these lights have a back light? I've seen lights with different color backlights, but it doesn't make sense to me.
It’s like a DRL or parking light. The amber looks pretty slick IMO. Gives visibility without being obnoxious.
Sponsored

Khayze427

Badlands
First Name
Hayes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We just installed the RIGID 360 series 4 inch pod lights from Ford.

Why did you use the 25 Amp circuit? Shouldn’t that be reserved for something that requires more current than the pod lights? I believe the Rigid 360 4” pod lights draw only 2 amps.

Last edited:

Khayze427

Badlands
First Name
Hayes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing wrong with the light itself. They did a stop sale because the lights on the off-roadeo vehicles were working loose. The fix.....a line in the install instructions was added to indicate thread locker needed to be used on the mounting bolts.

I don't have the new packaging yet to see what loc-tite they are wanting. Might even be a small tube included, but don't know. This was a short conversation with my FAD rep 3 days ago.
Do they come with security bolts? Otherwise, gone in 60 seconds. With, gone in 75 seconds.

Last edited:

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do they come with security bolts? Otherwise, gone in 60 seconds. With, gone in 75 seconds.
No idea, only cracked one box open to get an idea how to mount to my display.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where can I buy these? Do they come with the ford performance covers?

Sponsored

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What do people mean when they say these lights have a back light? I've seen lights with different color backlights, but it doesn't make sense to me.
Rigid site

checkout the rigid site. You can get them with a lot of different backlight colors. I assume the ones from Ford are amber backlit but I have not seen that stated anywhere. The backlights are not really daylight viewable but look great in the evening or other less than full sunlight conditions.Absolutely zero real world value but looks awesome! I have rigids in my Raptor bumper and Baja designs lp4 on the a pillar and all have amber backlights and I wired them all to one up fitter switch. The actual bright white off road lights are wired to separate switches per light pair.

rigid also sells clear, amber and smoke covers. I thought I would get the smoke and have my wife create the Bronco eb script stickers with her Criket to put on them. Just a thought. The radiance light bar also has backlit functions but it has 7-8 colors all in the light and you can change it with a remote. I wish the pods were the same.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On Rigid’s website, they’re $367.99 for a pair. I’m not sure what, if anything, the Ford set comes with for the extra $30.
I’m not sold on Rigid yet, vs Diode Dynamics vs Baja.

Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wait wait wait. it took him 9 minutes 25 seconds to install these and the standard dealer install labor hours charge is two hours?!? Something is afoot.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good video, although the actual routing of the driver side wiring down into the engine compartment was kind of skipped over. Probably easy enough to figure out, though.

Related topic: Anyone know if the wiring is in place from the cabin to under the hood if you didn't order the switches from the factory and want to add them later?
It is on my BB without the aux switch package 👍

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@FATHORSE thanks for posting...add for step 2 to apply locktite or similar compound. Personally I rarely use Locktite anymore and have switched over to vibratite and have better luck with it. It is more of a go to in the firearms world and I began using it on other applications and have had better luck. Our front storm door has a lever handle with a set screw and I locktited that screw with blue first then when it came out I went to red and it came out again. One application with vibra-tite and has been on since (2+ years). Plus each application is good for several removals / reinstalls without the need to re-apply. One caveat you will have to use channel locks to get the lid off the bottle and I swear it does not matter how careful you are or how clean you keep the lid / jar threads! But it comes right off every time...YMMV!
Vibra-Tite

Question is there a page 5 to the install? Surprised the instructions didn't show connecting to the upfitter switches...also interesting they detail not running the passenger light ground wire across to the drivers side but instead to ground on each side individually. I guess that would save a few feet of wire.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@FATHORSE thanks for posting...add for step 2 to apply locktite or similar compound. Personally I rarely use Locktite anymore and have switched over to vibratite and have better luck with it. It is more of a go to in the firearms world and I began using it on other applications and have had better luck. Our front storm door has a lever handle with a set screw and I locktited that screw with blue first then when it came out I went to red and it came out again. One application with vibra-tite and has been on since (2+ years). Plus each application is good for several removals / reinstalls without the need to re-apply. One caveat you will have to use channel locks to get the lid off the bottle and I swear it does not matter how careful you are or how clean you keep the lid / jar threads! But it comes right off every time...YMMV!
Vibra-Tite

Question is there a page 5 to the install? Surprised the instructions didn't show connecting to the upfitter switches...also interesting they detail not running the passenger light ground wire across to the drivers side but instead to ground on each side individually. I guess that would save a few feet of wire.
Sorry, Fixed it, btw these are on that ford performance site in pdf. Just figured people that didnt dig into it would want to see it.
Sponsored