Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anyone seen this yet??? I really want a dash cam but was holding out for a while, may not have to anymore though!!! Not sure about it having to connect to the obd-II port though. Sure enough found it on the ring website too.

https://ring.com/products/car-cam

Sponsored

Last edited:

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recommend getting dongar and garmin mini. No wiring powers through your rear view mirror.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just saw this camera today and was wondering how well it would work on the bronco. I'm still waiting to see what the video quality is in the wild

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone seen this yet??? I really want a dash cam but was holding out for a while, may not have to anymore though!!! Not sure about it having to connect to the obd-II port though. Sure enough found it on the ring website too.

This is an expensive excuse for Amazon to collect a lot more data on you guaranteed. If it were me I’d go for a company who’s major revenue stream isn’t data collection and sales.

OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yea I was originally looking at one of these two, would like a truly dedicated rear camera for sure.

Ford Bronco Ring Car Cam? (Shown on a Bronco) Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 7.24.25 PM

But really like the interface of the Ring platform, have several of them at home, just had no idea they were making them for cars now.

Sponsored

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I already have a Ring system indoors, so I definitely like their products.

Looking forward to hearing thoughts, pros and cons...

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like it and I already have ring devices.

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like it, but I don't like it hooking into the obd port. Why not hardwired to the battery since they say it runs off that.

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is an expensive excuse for Amazon to collect a lot more data on you guaranteed. If it were me I’d go for a company who’s major revenue stream isn’t data collection and sales.
I hear ya, but if you have a cell phone, it's already happening. Your regular routes, your employer, the stores you frequent (etc) are all being logged.

I saw a video where they tested a phone in airplane mode, and it was still logging locations.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco works great. My home Ring floodlight doesn’t. Just saying.

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Wish it was wired better.

Peitnahtan

Base
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered this and returned it. Didn't want to pay the extra monthly fee and didn't want to share my location with Ring all the time.

Fairly easy to install.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got the Ring Car Cam delivered and did the install. The monthly or annual fee is nothing but $60 per year and any LTE connected car cam has a monthly fee.

Only issue with the install is placing dead center. It’s covering that little dome at the center of the windshield which i think is a light sensor. If I need to shift it a bit over to the left and above the charge ports, that shouldn’t be too bad. The cam comes with 2 extra adhesive strips. An alcohol wipe to clean your glass is included as well.

Hiding the wire is what took a sec, but with the wire routing tabs with adhesive backs, youll be able to tuck down the side of the driver door plastic and tuck inside the windshield is very easy since the rubber pulls up easily and has a nice sized gap.

The cam comes with a handy tuck tool to press in the wire. Think I have it where you almost can’t see it.

Set up in the Ring app was very easy and just because your family may have access to the doorbell cam or any other cam, doesn’t mean they get access to the Car Cam; in fact they do not by default unless you authorize.

Sharing your info with Ring is something I know a few may have concerns of, but let me remind you that we all carry a tracking device in our pockets everyday. Amazon is shady as hell, but we all have Ring doorbells or from some other company and it doesn’t affect most of us very much, mainly because no one tracks you because you aren’t that interesting and neither am I.

However, if you engage in “activities” you probably shouldn’t use much smart tech at all. Just sayin

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice but a no go with another monthly fee.
Sponsored