Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Solid review overall. Not nearly as entertaining as the Throttle House review, though, and the amount of pissing and moaning about the engine sound was a bit excessive.
Sponsored

Mama_Dropt_Me

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Def my favorite bronco review, and my build. So, maybe I’m a little biased. But, they just seem like they’re having more fun than most reviewers.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought it was 330 hp. The clicking is the roof expanding when the sun heats it up. It’s the exact same bronco the exact same dealership that the other guys reviewed.
You didn't factor in the Canadian exchange rate. :p

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How small are that dude's hands?

He got his whole fist in there!

I dropped my rolled up charge cable in the same cupholder and could barely fish it out.

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I still don't fully buy into the Bronco being a Jeep killer. Sure it will siphon some Jeep sales, but it's also bringing in a ton of people that would never have bought a Jeep anyway.
Those customers you refer to actually bought the bronco sport not the bronco..

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those customers you refer to actually bought the bronco sport not the bronco..
Those customers I'm referring to are people like me. I have never even sat in a Wrangler, I would never consider one.

JTsGarage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, I think Gladiator had its highest sales ever last quarter
Both the Gladiator and Wrangler had their best US sales quarter ever in Q2. It could be interest in the Bronco creating a rising tide, yes. I think it's more likely that it's seasonal. Convertible Jeeps sell well in the Spring and Summer. Also, a good economy/COVID made people re-prioritize some things. See the record sales boats continue to pull in. It used to be that the no. 1 thing cross-shopped with a Wrangler was a boat.

Sponsored

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The best car reviews on YT in my opinion....
I like their channel and have been watching their reviews for about a year. I don't think they are the best though and sometimes focus a bit too much on things that bias their view on whatever car they are reviewing...like them hating on electric cars or Jakub focusing so much on the Bronco's exhaust sound. Seems like they have some beef with Throttle House from their podcast with Unbox Therapy....their title cards/thumbnails are very similar and Throttle House may have borrowed/stolen it from The Straight Pipes.

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Love how the guy complains about the engine noise being horrible when it’s actually artificially pumped through the speakers

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like their channel and have been watching their reviews for about a year. I don't think they are the best though and sometimes focus a bit too much on things that bias their view on whatever car they are reviewing...like them hating on electric cars or Jakub focusing so much on the Bronco's exhaust sound. Seems like they have some beef with Throttle House from their podcast with Unbox Therapy....their title cards/thumbnails are very similar and Throttle House may have borrowed/stolen it from The Straight Pipes.
I like knowing what their opinion is on things as well as straight up car reviews. What they like and don't like.
The only throttle house video I've watched was the Bronco one. The English accent seems to add some cred to their show, whether real or not. 👍🏼

Reactions: Axe

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both the Gladiator and Wrangler had their best US sales quarter ever in Q2. It could be interest in the Bronco creating a rising tide, yes. I think it's more likely that it's seasonal. Convertible Jeeps sell well in the Spring and Summer. Also, a good economy/COVID made people re-prioritize some things. See the record sales boats continue to pull in. It used to be that the no. 1 thing cross-shopped with a Wrangler was a boat.
Not only seasonal, but literally all things outdoors related have gone through the roof since Covid hit, RVs, ATVs, Boats, etc. Bronco has not affected Jeep sales yet, but Covid certainly has.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still don't fully buy into the Bronco being a Jeep killer. Sure it will siphon some Jeep sales, but it's also bringing in a ton of people that would never have bought a Jeep anyway.
🙋‍♂️ I considered a Wrangler a long time ago, but didn't want to live with what I felt were it's shortcomings. So, I guess I resemble that remark. So, Ford is definitely expanding the market.

However, when these are available with decent dealer stock, I think there is going to be a lot of conquest sales when non-hardcore Jeep owners are looking for a new vehicle. If they test drive a Bronco, they'll never be able to look at a Wrangler the same way again. One thing that could prevent that is if Jeep decides to put IFS on the Sahara and maybe another trim level. That seems expensive and unlikely to adapt a different entire front suspension and steering for only a fraction of sales of a vehicle moving ~200K units per year.
Sponsored