First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll gladly pay the premium for 'Made in USA' or Canada, it's only looking at the actual details of how much materials and labor cost do we then see the fairly thin profit margins made on many products. I know because my brother and I were seriously looking at getting into the roof top tent manufacturing game and unless you have some amazing connections for materials, specifically aluminum panels, the end profit margin after all the labor and materials wasn't going to be worth it for us.

One very extreme example that I don't quite get though is that my RPG perch collars cost around $250 for 4 little metal rings but my Go Rhino side steps/rails only cost $430! Supply, demand, and cost of manufacturing right?
Sponsored

rootster

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

...I just want my Bronco...🤷‍♂️

10K_Vet

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

:unsure: Did you want, or need, the aftermarket tires and stick on trail armor? :p

Sometimes people just want stuff, and that's all. It just comes at a price, and no one is forcing us - we just want it!
Just like these Broncos, just had to have it. (y)

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like these sweet white ones from RhinoUSA! $30, I highly recommend them!
PXL_20220213_153130814.jpg
Damn, I got hit with that Bronco tax and paid $37! 😅

Ford Bronco RIPPING US OFF! EVEYTHING AFTER MARKET! 1646428367578

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As I browse through all these after market products coming online for our trucks. I cant help but think why is everything so damn expensive?? I want decent seat covers ! $ 1000 ! NO WAY ! What's your complaint!

I have no complaint about the way private sellers price their products. Because I have a remedy: I don't buy if it's too expensive! And, if lots of people don't buy, that product will go away and something priced better will appear, if that is possible.

If people are really angry about the cost of living, as reflected in these products, they need to start focusing on the real source of the problems that make things unaffordable. But of course, I'm not allowed to say any more about that, because some mod will deem it "political" and cancel my posts or cauterize the thread. Too bad. Would be nice to have a grown up discussion about this.

Sponsored

goalie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I built 200 Jeep bumpers in 2019 that fits a 2018-2022 jl for 500, and sell them all for 700, do they cost more to make in 2022? YES
Have materials gone up? YES
Labor? YES
What about the labor to design and make the same bumper? YES

Do my employees have more income? YES
More expenses? YES
Do I? YES

im just trying to figure out how a 1966 convertible mustang was about $2759… but all the sudden I’m expected to pay 45000 for a 2022. If no one buys one, they have to sell them for 2759
I answered all your questions above, I'm not sure you understand economics.

SpringBreak98

Black Diamond
First Name
Cade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
By the time my Bronco ever gets built and delivered MY22 accessories will be in the Bargain Bin..... :cautious:

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

$700 pieces of metal to hold winches, $250 a piece for “stirrups,” $75 a piece for plastic mud flaps. Inflation sucks, but I’m not convinced these things would have been much cheaper a couple years ago.
$75 plastic mud guards? Have you seen $500-750 rubber gator mudguards from ford??

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! I like those fog lights! M&R?
Yep! Spent less than the competition, and got less than the competition. But it's all I needed/wanted and I'm ok with the compromise. Isn't it great how that works? 😅

Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

:unsure: Did you want, or need, the aftermarket tires and stick on trail armor? :p

Sometimes people just want stuff, and that's all. It just comes at a price, and no one is forcing us - we just want it!
Don't ask @BigMeatsBronco about catch cans for a 2.7L. He gon' get triggered.

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Should get better as they make more broncos. They need to spread out the costs of their expenses across all the products they sell. You could sell 100k jeep bumpers in a year but are there even 100k broncos built yet? If you're selling a 10th as many you need to mark them up a bit.

For the 2 door, it looks like the aftermarket isn't bothering half the time and just makes stuff for the 4 door since you can't sell accessories for cars that don't exist.

I mean all this and also just that a disrupted supply chain makes everything a mess.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was going to say $900 is a bit steep for mud flaps and $200 for a single Roof Rack “crossbar” was a bit excessive, however, I suppose that’s justified. Well, not justified enough to ever pay those prices (I’d rather have my rocker panels look like Ray Liota’s face and my roof shit scattered on the highway like Rainman’s size 42 Fruit of the Looms) but I assume they are selling them to someone, so more power to them.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.