First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
what does an EV startup company have to do with a gas engine off-road vehicle??
Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The only thing that wasnā€™t affected by inflation is my salary :(
My wifeā€™s company just gave employees a 5% ā€œmarket adjustmentā€ raise, to account somewhat for inflation, after a 4% raise in October. Very grateful. Iā€™m a sole practitioner so have to give myself raises by working harder, faster,smarter, better and longer.

Deleted member 3063

Rivian low balled the price to boost reservations which they then used to coax investors.
Blaming a 20% increase on inflation, priceless.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

maybe they'll use some of that money to actually design a pretty face for that ugly thing?
It's not as bad as that ridiculous 'cyber truck' wannabe DeLorean, but close. Would never buy that thing.
Joking aside, of course prices are gonna go up, supply chains are still in trouble world wide and all that. But that's quite an increase. I was surprised that MSRP on the Bronco only rose by a couple hundred $ from 21 to 22, but the Riv probably has even more parts made elsewhere plus the rare materials to make the batteries.

I'd like to drive one someday, but would never own one unless they give it a face lift ;-)

Sponsored

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The options pricing on these are quite the number, pretty much $7k cad for each upgrade! Wife wants to order one but we need a bigger garage first. Back to work I go...

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an R1S the suv on order, my spec went from 84k to 100k overnight. The 4 motor and 316 mile battery that was included in my 84k are now 6k each if I still want them.

The dual motor is now standard but wont ship until 2024. You can only get the 7 seater in the SUV too I had the 5 seater originally.

I would predict a lot of people will be cancelling their reservation and getting their $1k back.

Reserved in May 2021, first expected ship date (I was told in dec 2021) was first half of 2023.
Sounds like we have similar builds reserved. Mine went to over 95K from 80K. Iā€™m on the fence about keeping the reservation. Iā€™m going to let it ride until they actually contact me to order.

Belem

First Edition
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda MX-5/2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My R1T went from about $103,000 to $122,500.

I'm not cancelling yet because I'm wondering if they will back down and protect the price, but I'm second half of 2023 build, anyway, so I have plenty of time to cancel.

I honestly didn't expect to like my Bronco this much, so this news was disappointing but not world shattering.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Elon is right, making a prototype is easy. Scaling production, not so easy. Tesla is 5 years ahead of all the other non-Chinese EV manufactures. They will be shipping 2,000,000 EVā€™s a year before Ford is shipping 250,000/year.

646F0216-7D89-44BC-94DD-5751100528B5.jpeg
True but Tesla isnā€™t shipping an EV off-roader or pickup truckā€¦ yet.

The only company that has is Rivian, and they seem to be having significant manufacturing delays. So Ford could play catch-up with the F-150 Lightning. (Iā€™m sure they would love to ensure that the F-series is the #1 selling pickup in the electric space as well.)

But yeah, no way theyā€™re going to catch up to Tesla on the sedan/car side anytime in the near future. Although Ford isnā€™t even trying to manufacture ICE cars so they basically gave up that fight.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For anyone with a Rivian preorder as of the March 1 pricing announcement, your original configured price will be honored. If you canceled your preorder on or after March 1 and would like to reinstate it, we will restore your original configuration, pricing and delivery timing. Our team will be sending an email in the next few days with more details.

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not good times right now, affecting all of us. Especially those of us who like 4 wheeling, driving, vehicles in general. I had my heart so set on this new Bronco and unfortunately have to opt out now. It is what it is.

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For anyone with a Rivian preorder as of the March 1 pricing announcement, your original configured price will be honored. If you canceled your preorder on or after March 1 and would like to reinstate it, we will restore your original configuration, pricing and delivery timing. Our team will be sending an email in the next few days with more details.
Got the same email this morning. I had canceled my preorder last night.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ooooo... sounds like they got hefty pushback (and/or a ton of canceled reservations) and decided to offer price protection.

Well, good. Can't ask for much more than that I guess.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not good times right now, affecting all of us. Especially those of us who like 4 wheeling, driving, vehicles in general. I had my heart so set on this new Bronco and unfortunately have to opt out now. It is what it is.

Itā€™s not just cars/trucks/SUVā€™s right now. Iā€™m trying to buy a home theater projector and I canā€™t get the one I want for 6+ weeks. The boat that Iā€™d like to buy is 16+ months out but only if Iā€™m willing to put 10% down.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™s not just cars/trucks/SUVā€™s right now. Iā€™m trying to buy a home theater projector and I canā€™t get the one I want for 6+ weeks. The boat that Iā€™d like to buy is 16+ months out but only if Iā€™m willing to put 10% down.
If you can lock in the price on the boat (with engines) you probably should do it. My brother took delivery of a new boat about a year ago for $285K, same boat this year is $375K. At the rate weā€™re going it might be $475K next year.
Sponsored