Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As I contemplate changing to a 4-door, also reevaluating choice of model. Looking at BD vs. Base.

This will be a daily driver. Any thoughts on whether the washout floors will result in more road noise and less insulation for purposes of more effective air-conditioning?
Sponsored

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The washout is a layered rubber insert. Layered with padding just like carpet would be. I wouldn't expect much if any difference in road noise.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now that I think about another issue, I may have to rule BD out. I want MGV, but it’s only available in black. Out of the question in the Deep South heat.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now that I think about another issue, I may have to rule BD out. I want MGV, but it’s only available in black. Out of the question in the Deep South heat.
The BD doesn't have black seats. Two shades of grey, one being very light colored and the other is medium grey but not black at all.

Ford Bronco Road Noise and Interior Climate: Carpet vs. Washout Floors DSC09717

Last edited:

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in Tampa FL and am not worried at all about that.

Just throw a towel or cover on the seat/s if you have to leave the car in the sun for a long period of time.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just throw a towel or cover on the seat/s if you have to leave the car in the sun for a long period of time.

just cool them off with a garden hose 🤪

Slick Rick

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think that it should be neglible. I like mgv and washout floor, combine this with steel bumpers and 2 more goats. Still believe bass sasquatch the better deal.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

With just about 50 years of convertibles notched, those towels come in handy after a rain or shower when top is down (almost always - bald guys need not fuss about their hair getting mussed).
Murphy's Oil Soap is great for leather and good for vinyl too - nice smell, no stain on clothes.
That said, with a big Desert Market, Ford should be thinking tan, especially in wash-outs.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I was a kid we used to use towels on the seats in our Fairlane 500 convertible with black vinyl seats, especially for the chrome "button" in the seatback. I'm pretty sure there is still an imprint of it in my back. lol

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

When I was a kid we used to use towels on the seats in our Fairlane 500 convertible with black vinyl seats, especially for the chrome "button" in the seatback. I'm pretty sure there is still an imprint of it in my back. lol
or the old style chrome seat belt latches, holy smokes those would bbq you if you sat on one 😂

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With just about 50 years of convertibles notched, those towels come in handy after a rain or shower when top is down (almost always - bald guys need not fuss about their hair getting mussed).
Murphy's Oil Soap is great for leather and good for vinyl too - nice smell, no stain on clothes.
That said, with a big Desert Market, Ford should be thinking tan, especially in wash-outs.
I'm willing to bet we get an earth tone MGV options next year. That new green color would look bad with BD interior but toss in roast and black mgv seating/brown stitching with a roast dash and you've got a winner. I would still want black rubber floors tho.

BD Cactus

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I'm not a golfer but don't they use a towel that hooks on there bag to clean off their clubs? Why not a bigger towel that you can hook to the molly loops on the back of the seat. I'm in SW Florida too and am thinking how to keep the MGV seats manageable in the summer. Still not enough to change my BD soft top only build.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just saw the MPG figures. Leaning back to Base.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Once you put the floor mats in, there is not much carpet or rubber flooring left exposed. I was kinda shocked by it at Super Cel.
Sponsored