TurboS957

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
For comparison, last night, tail wind of ~10mph, concrete freeway groved parallel to road (quieter).

2014 Wrangler Polar edition 4 dr, 3.6L v6, hardtop with dynamat under OEM headliner, dynamat 3/8" foam sound deadening in doors, oem carpeted floors w/no dynamat, 33" BFG KO2's, Borla Atak exhaust with resonator removed. This is much quieter than it was stock and can hold a conversation or talk thru the car's bluetooth without hollering like when stock, however the wind noise is the same.

Ford Bronco Road noise sound level = 72dB @ 70mph, MIC top, no sound deadening, 2.7L Bronco IMG_1615
Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tried this in my 2020 Passport EX-L, 62db at 70mph with the air-con on low. 64/65db with the air-con off and the sunroof in the cracked position at 70mph. Might take some getting use to but my Passport is almost too quiet haha.

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would like to share with you guys some information because I don't think some of you realize how decibels work.

If you look at the information below you can see that luxury cars register about 60db at 70mph.

From what other members have posted in this thread the Bronco is about 70db at 70mph.

The Bronco will be twice as loud as a luxury car and this is hard to ignore.

Now, if you come from a Wrangler, Harley, Mazda or Honda that have minimum NVH you won't notice the loudness but if your current car is a Lexus, Mercedes, Buick, etc. you will most likely notice the extra noise and it might even bother you. I strongly recommend that once Ford allows us to test drive the Bronco that you take it out on the highway and drive it at 70mph for ten minutes or so. Also, make sure you drive it on different highways because they all sound different. I know here in Michigan when driving my Buick sedan I can't even hear the highway at 70mph while other highways you can hear road noise much more.

Ford Bronco Road noise sound level = 72dB @ 70mph, MIC top, no sound deadening, 2.7L Bronco Screenshot_2015-06-03-17-38-42

Ford Bronco Road noise sound level = 72dB @ 70mph, MIC top, no sound deadening, 2.7L Bronco Screenshot_2015-06-16-14-38-08

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm quite curious to see the difference between the carpeted floor models and the wash-out rubber ones.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Although I have read sound professionals say the Apple watch db meter is pretty darn accurate, it doesn't really need to be precise to give you a good ballpark. And if you have your own Apple watch, you can perform this test on your own vehicle for a reference point. Wife and I have done that this week in both her F150 and my diesel superduty, with both of our watches recording the same exact number from driver and passenger seat. Superduty averaged 70 and F150 about 65-66. I had my brother do it in his 18' Rubicon with hardtop, no sound deadening, lift and very aggressive 35" MT tires, and he got 71-72.

db is not a linear scale, so that is a pretty good jump for the Bronco hard top, but I knew it would not be a quiet vehicle.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you look at the information below you can see that luxury cars register about 60db at 70mph.

The Bronco will be twice as loud as a luxury car and this is hard to ignore.
First of all NO. Second of all, still NO
The Bronco will not be almost twice as loud. You will go deaf. You are talking like 120 + decibels which is comparable to a rock concert. Hell, Above 85 for a while is not considered good.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bronco will not be almost twice as loud. You will go deaf. You are talking like 120 + decibels which is comparable to a rock concert. Hell, Above 85 for a while is not considered good.
Ford Bronco Road noise sound level = 72dB @ 70mph, MIC top, no sound deadening, 2.7L Bronco Lalalala-Jim-Carrey-Doesnt-Want-To-Hear-It-In-Dumb-and-Dumber

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My phone app has my 2012 f350 4wd deleted (muffler still there) 2”leveled on 37” nitto ridge grapplers 71-69 decibels at 75 mph. I don’t want to go any louder.
Easy to make it more quieter. Buy door stripping and put it around as a double seal. Quieter. GMC Sierra used 3 strips on doors for quieter ride. So installing one more on Bronco WILL lessen it to probably 65db

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nope

Sponsored

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have 2018 Tiguan with cross bars that are not aerodynamic and at 40mph conducting the same test with the Apple Watch, I was registering 61 decibels. This is on street tires and the roof is made out of aluminum foil. Just a reference point for other members.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Porsche Cayenne at 70mph. Windows up, AC on. Normal asphalt road.
Ford Bronco Road noise sound level = 72dB @ 70mph, MIC top, no sound deadening, 2.7L Bronco 1624228782834

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Measured 77 at 50 and 83 at 70 with my softop in a JKUR. Need to put the hard top on and repeat for comparison.
62 with the unlined hardtop at 45, and 71 at 70mph.
Sponsored