First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This. I thoroughly enjoy my 2DR BD as well.

Anytime throughout the last 18 months, I could have purchased a boring, stock, production vehicle that would be sufficient, and I am glad I didn't. I think others will be happy they stayed the course as well.
I was thinking exactly the same thing and thankfully. Mine showed up in July. lottery win!

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This made sense. I suspect this quote is why I give/gave Ford some leeway, and didn't skewer them as others have some.

"Few things in this business annoy me like a company that seems to be coasting."

The Ford Explorer, F150, Chevy with the Silverado and the Blazer (if we can call it that), and Jeep...just to name a few, all seem to be pumping out the same shit year after year. Then, in 2020, Ford steps up to the plate.

Ford, with the Bronco, then the Lighting, and even the Maverick has upended things. The Bronco is a massive swing at something bold, amazing, innovating, troublesome, risky etc...but they did it.

They haven't perfected the roll out, but they will, and I love the balls they are showing in going big. They aren't chilling on the sidelines, they came to play, and I like that.
eh, I think fseries has pushed things a few times... aluminum body, a legitimate engine that wasnt a V8. The OG lightning, the raptor.

maybe not as dramatic as the EV lightning, but in the world of pickup trucks... these were pretty huge swings.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those worried about the Bronco handling on the highway, don’t be.
I'll second this.
Oct 8th delivery, 4,000 miles so far. :) !!!

One very peculiar thing I noticed on my 3 seperate Interstate trips (4hr one way there/back) .... not one time did I get passed by a Wrangler.

I see SHITLOADS of them on my daily commute and around town ..... but VERY few on the road trips and none of them are running 80mph for miles on end.

They really are fun to drive!

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The most accurate statement made in this article::

"The gauges are worse, with a bizarre layout and a linear vertical tachometer seemingly designed to prevent ever accurately reporting what the engine is doing."

Even still...I can't wait for mine...
@Ford Motor Company

If there is one thing that i fawking hate , it is this.

My freaking Outback has better gauges for the "enthusiast".
Same person apparently made the decision to not pair the much hyped "offroad crawler gear tranny" with their best offroad package.
Seriously?

Top two WTF moments in Bronco-dom.

But it is GREAT to drive!!

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For those worried about the Bronco handling on the highway, don’t be. It drives so straight it is constantly warning me to keep my hands on the steering wheel. I literally have to wiggle the steering wheel unnecessarily to quiet the nanny.
My love/hate relationship with the Bronco is all quality and fit finish.
Even with the 35in tires on my Sasquatch, I have the same “problem”. I couldn’t be happier with the way mine handles and steers.

Most of the folks I pass in Wranglers (and there are a sh*t ton of them in GA, more than I ever saw in So Cal ) pretend not to even see my Bronco. It’s actually quite funny.

trenttrizzy

Big Bend
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Great review. Great choice of journalist (not a fanboy). I'm even more excited about my 2022 Cyber Orange Basesquatch. Jive on.
Agreed. Not a fan of “fanboy” reviewers. I’m already a fan of the thing, I need to hear fair critique. This dude nails it imo.

slouis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This made sense. I suspect this quote is why I give/gave Ford some leeway, and didn't skewer them as others have some.

"Few things in this business annoy me like a company that seems to be coasting."

The Ford Explorer, F150, Chevy with the Silverado and the Blazer (if we can call it that), and Jeep...just to name a few, all seem to be pumping out the same shit year after year. Then, in 2020, Ford steps up to the plate.

Ford, with the Bronco, then the Lighting, and even the Maverick has upended things. The Bronco is a massive swing at something bold, amazing, innovating, troublesome, risky etc...but they did it.

They haven't perfected the roll out, but they will, and I love the balls they are showing in going big. They aren't chilling on the sidelines, they came to play, and I like that.
They have completely fucked up the rollout and dealers are screwing order holders left and right with markups to add insult to injury. As long as there is a pathetic dealer network, Ford is destined for failure over the long haul.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They have completely fucked up the rollout and dealers are screwing order holders left and right with markups to add insult to injury. As long as there is a pathetic dealer network, Ford is destined for failure over the long haul.
Blah, blah, blah.

Stop your pissing and moaning, nobody likes a whiner. If you are unhappy, drop out. If you are going to stay in, then you do so knowing the process...own your decision.

At this point, you have personal agency, use it.

Sponsored

slouis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Blah, blah, blah.

Stop your pissing and moaning, nobody likes a whiner. If you are unhappy, drop out. If you are going to stay in, then you do so knowing the process...own your decision.

At this point, you have personal agency, use it.
Nobody likes the truth.

pfresh

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I totally get it. I love my Rubicon, but hate it at the same time. How can something that is so absolutely great at something (off road) be so bad at something else (on road).... not to mention the maintenance expenses. I have taken good care of it, but MOPAR just doesn't make good engines IMHO. I have always told people that my Jeep and I are dysfunctional and are in a love/hate relationship. :ROFLMAO:
Wow, you nailed it on the head. I was a Rubincon owner for a long time and the last one I parted with was like a super dysfunctional relationship. I loved that car more than any other I ever had, but your right about the expenses. I actually cried when I parted with it. Had some great times with that car. But as with the Bronco, if you play hard, there is likely to be expense behind it, just like I did with my jeep. That's what these vehicles are made to do. Drives me crazy when people just drive them (Jeep or Bronco) around and they look all nice and clean.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First 4wd vehicle author has ever driven lol