First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 2500, Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wanted to say Thanks to both you and original poster for the info. I to live in New England and have had multiple cars with indexing windows.
But, this weekend I have experienced a similar issue with my 2021 OBX. Passenger front and rear door windows will no longer index when door closes, causing an "Uh Oh" moment when you close the doors. These are the non-sun warming side of my vehicle when parked in driveway (cold enough to freeze to rubber with out any visible snow lately)
Results in a very awkward looking glass position when doors closes. 2-3 week wait at dealer for service.
I will let the service tech know it may have been attributed to the cold/freezing window.

Thanks again for both view points and info.
Good luck and hope you can get it sorted out. Got my Bronco back today and the regulator was broken internally. All works as should now.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Weck

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 2500, Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Took our brand new Outer Banks for a trip to Colorado for some snowboarding. We left central Texas and all was well on the trip up. The Bronco run and drove like a champ. While at Vail, it snowed every morning then the sun would melt it during the afternoon. Refreezing would occur nightly. This is where the trouble started. One morning I went to the truck to get something and while opening the driver’s door the window indexes down. It was frozen and made a cracking sound. I figured it was the ice breaking. I closed the door and the window indexed up. All seamed normal. A few days later we drove to Denver and stopped and a drive through. I lowered the window and it sounded like the whole window shattered. Then it wouldn’t go back up. The glass was fine but the regulator was toast. It was snowing and 4 degrees and no window. We had to get back to Texas, so I got some plastic and tape and made a new window. We drove for 14 very loud hours. Upon getting home I noticed three cracks in the windshield. Looking closer, there was hundreds of pits with tiny cracks forming. I am guessing this is from the sand on the interstate. A quick google search revealed that the Bronco Sports and Rangers all have serious windshield problems. Also, some other owners are reporting broken window regulators when the temp gets below 15 degrees. This is totally unacceptable. The vehicle only has 2000 miles and it can’t even be used in the snow. That is what I bought it for. We are heartbroken that Ford would put this kind of crap on the market. This supposed to be a rough and tough vehicle.

E37B6F11-3779-43A3-AFE3-9EBB552ACC64.jpeg

C63F0154-538B-4CD5-8BC1-1E425DB35D1D.jpeg

D4945490-499F-4A91-9616-A98D553AEF23.jpeg

71DF5A84-E441-48EA-B564-1042346B263E.jpeg
Yeah. Just thought that it was a humorous response.
That being said, the sand/salt really just etches. If you live in the north like I do, you just know it is part life. Never seen sand crack a windshield. I am sure it weakens things though. My experience, it is only rocks and asphalt lifted by plows that makes the cracks. So the odds in winter are better at getting a cracked windshield.
you should see the size of sand granules they use in Colorado. I saved some that was piled up on my runner boards.

Busyboy19

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good luck and hope you can get it sorted out. Got my Bronco back today and the regulator was broken internally. All works as should now.
Thanks to folks for the help.
the reindexing of window fixed my issue.