First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ford edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've had many times when ice builds up on the side windows. Before opening the door use a snow scrapper to get the bulk of the ice off, then use a credit card and break the frozen ice around the edges of window especially the bottom rubber. Put the card down between that rubber and the glass about an inch or so sliding the card for the whole length of the glass and you can hear the ice break up. It does work and sometimes takes awhile to break it all.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My biggest concern is the indexing door windows. Luck for me I am no longer dealing with negative Iowa temperatures. However the wear and tear of indexing every time you open the door has to wear a section out.
My 2006/Mustang GT convertible has indexing windows and they have not suffered an issue to date.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bummer about the broken glass Colorado is know for pitted windshields they use crushed stone and it's not kind to windshields.

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Indexing of the window seams like a really bad idea to me.
I had to have my windows reset because I had an issue with the window indexing were it would get stuck or try to go too far up causing it to go back down. It might become a problem that will require a recall, sorry to hear about the issues. Hopefully ford makes it right and you can get back to enjoying the bronco

Sponsored

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see this frameless window system going to shit in no time. Rubber rotting! Windows flopping around with no support. When the window is rolled down just a tad water gushes in from the top of the soft top roof. Just doesn't seem to be engineered to last. IN MY OWN OPINION. I'm sorry about your truck! Ford should fix your truck! I live in northern Idaho and it gets cold! When it does get cold it gives me the feeling its gonna break when I open the doors. The windows get stuck and you have to pull harder on the doors to open. It feels like junk.
I have a 20-year-old convertible with frameless windows that also go down and up automatically when you open and close a door. I have not had a problem with them yet. I don't drive it much when the temperature is below 32, but I do get in, turn the engine over and roll it a bit every few weeks no matter how cold it is, and it is parked in an unheated garage. So it's possible to make a system like this that works and endures.

I suppose we'll find out over the next few years how well Ford did at that goal.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wranglers are known for their windshields being rock catchers... It's because of the angle and the airflow over the hood/whindshield. That is why jeep started offering gorilla Glass as an option.
I don't understand how the Gorilla Glass will help with rock chips since it is used as the innermost layer.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took our brand new Outer Banks for a trip to Colorado for some snowboarding. We left central Texas and all was well on the trip up. The Bronco run and drove like a champ. While at Vail, it snowed every morning then the sun would melt it during the afternoon. Refreezing would occur nightly. This is where the trouble started. One morning I went to the truck to get something and while opening the driver’s door the window indexes down. It was frozen and made a cracking sound. I figured it was the ice breaking. I closed the door and the window indexed up. All seamed normal. A few days later we drove to Denver and stopped and a drive through. I lowered the window and it sounded like the whole window shattered. Then it wouldn’t go back up. The glass was fine but the regulator was toast. It was snowing and 4 degrees and no window. We had to get back to Texas, so I got some plastic and tape and made a new window. We drove for 14 very loud hours. Upon getting home I noticed three cracks in the windshield. Looking closer, there was hundreds of pits with tiny cracks forming. I am guessing this is from the sand on the interstate. A quick google search revealed that the Bronco Sports and Rangers all have serious windshield problems. Also, some other owners are reporting broken window regulators when the temp gets below 15 degrees. This is totally unacceptable. The vehicle only has 2000 miles and it can’t even be used in the snow. That is what I bought it for. We are heartbroken that Ford would put this kind of crap on the market. This supposed to be a rough and tough vehicle.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

That blows....
The Bronco doesn't use "power window regulators"...
They're actually controlled with AC motors. May be an expensive fix if it were outta warranty. Besides the motor, I image there has to be an AC invertor and a motor drive module, or maybe its all integrated 🤷🏻

OP
OP

Weck

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 2500, Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My 2006/Mustang GT convertible has indexing windows and they have not suffered an issue to date.
I have noticed that Mustangs do not suffer the same fate. My service writer told me today that there is a recall on new F250/350 for ice build up on the latch mechanism inside the door. When you pull the inside handle to get out, it snaps the whole latch release.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

-10 the other day in Laradise. Wonder how my bronco will hold up.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had many times when ice builds up on the side windows. Before opening the door use a snow scrapper to get the bulk of the ice off, then use a credit card and break the frozen ice around the edges of window especially the bottom rubber. Put the card down between that rubber and the glass about an inch or so sliding the card for the whole length of the glass and you can hear the ice break up. It does work and sometimes takes awhile to break it all.
What if your ice scraper is kept inside the Bronco? Asking for my wife.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in CO, i average a new windshield on my vehicles every 12-15 months. 2020 was bad as I had to replace a windshield on all 3 vehicles within a 3 weeks span during the summer. Doesnt matter how high you sit up or whether its a Ford or Jeep. Noticed the wife’s bronco had pitted glass the day after picking the Bronco up when we were in BFE Nebraska before making it to CO.

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took our brand new Outer Banks for a trip to Colorado for some snowboarding. We left central Texas and all was well on the trip up. The Bronco run and drove like a champ. While at Vail, it snowed every morning then the sun would melt it during the afternoon. Refreezing would occur nightly. This is where the trouble started. One morning I went to the truck to get something and while opening the driver’s door the window indexes down. It was frozen and made a cracking sound. I figured it was the ice breaking. I closed the door and the window indexed up. All seamed normal. A few days later we drove to Denver and stopped and a drive through. I lowered the window and it sounded like the whole window shattered. Then it wouldn’t go back up. The glass was fine but the regulator was toast. It was snowing and 4 degrees and no window. We had to get back to Texas, so I got some plastic and tape and made a new window. We drove for 14 very loud hours. Upon getting home I noticed three cracks in the windshield. Looking closer, there was hundreds of pits with tiny cracks forming. I am guessing this is from the sand on the interstate. A quick google search revealed that the Bronco Sports and Rangers all have serious windshield problems. Also, some other owners are reporting broken window regulators when the temp gets below 15 degrees. This is totally unacceptable. The vehicle only has 2000 miles and it can’t even be used in the snow. That is what I bought it for. We are heartbroken that Ford would put this kind of crap on the market. This supposed to be a rough and tough vehicle.

Sorry that suck. 1st yr models always have problems all makes nothing new