First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why do people take $50k+ cars around a race track? Why do people race sail boats? Why do people chase golf balls? If it has to be explained then you won't understand. Just do what you enjoy.
So someone hits the golf ball and you go chase it? Is that some sort of caddyshack game? Im confused.

Also why exactly is there so much mud hate here? Is it some high society thing about not getting dirty? A fear of cleaning out diff fluid? Did yall not but serviceable u-joints? Mud cleanup is actually fairly easy. Go to the self serve carwash plunk in a roll of quarters and go to town. Then put in another $1.75 to clean the stall so they dont get pissed at ya. I get that rock crawling is hard but so isnt climbing hills in the woods in the rain and snow. Its all fun to me, I just have an affinity for my tires spinning faster than I move across the terrain. Mudding is like drifting, using wheel speed to manuever around. I dont know I looked up the ancestral meaning of my family name and it means people of or near the bog or marsh. I guess its in my blood to play around down in the holler.
Sponsored

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Build yours for the purpose you have in mind. Go have fun in your Bronco Your way

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I guess I should tell my wife who owns a GC Trailhawk that was north of $50k to stop crawling over rocks and driving narrow trails with the vehicle that Jeep marketed for offroad trails and even included a mode for “rock crawling” and offroad 1 or offroad 2 suspension setting before GOAT modes existed.
There wasn't anywhere in my post that said people shouldn't do what they want with their vehicles. I said I just don't get trashing a $50k vehicle in the name of fun. Do what you want. It's not my money. I could care less.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s what the truck is made for...that’s the fun of it. Putting it in bubble wrap doesn’t create great times and memories, but taking it everywhere does. Do what you want with it, but that $50k is wasted if you don’t use it like it’s intended...not if you do (as you allege).
If you are lucky enough to have multiple vehicles in your garage to play with by all means trash it. I'm not. Mine is my daily. I need it to be up and running all the time. I can have fun with mine without trashing it. What's fun to me may be boring to others. What others think is fun to me is destroying their vehicle.

Sponsored

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's fun to see what you can do. I bought a $30k wrangler rubicon and took it rock crawling within a few months of new. You can choose the obstacles you want to take. The offroad experience has come in handy a few times when clearing downed trees and driving in deep snow. Practice.

I also like to go on 20 mile solo hikes in some of the most remote parts of the eastern US with 5000 feet elevation gains. So maybe I'm different or nuts.

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...I said I just don't get trashing a $50k vehicle in the name of fun...
This is where the misunderstanding is. You can do it without trashing your vehicle and still have a shit ton of fun. If you wheel with knowledgeable people you can do challenging trails without damage. Yesterday we took a guy in 4wd Lexus SUV on a 4 🔹 trail with a 6’ V washout in the middle and he made it all the way through without a scratch. (Same trail as in my profile pic.) He was super pumped afterwards cause he never thought he or his SUV could do it. Some will trash their new $$$ rigs. I’m not one of them. I don’t like fixing them so I wheel wisely and don’t get outta my (or my truck’s) comfort zone.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are lucky enough to have multiple vehicles in your garage to play with by all means trash it. I'm not. Mine is my daily. I need it to be up and running all the time. I can have fun with mine without trashing it. What's fun to me may be boring to others. What others think is fun to me is destroying their vehicle.
Yeah...you can be very aggressive in where you go and not “trash” your vehicle, but since you apparently have never been off road you automatically think taking the vehicle over obstacles = trashed vehicle. That isn’t the case. Hey, you’re mystified that people will use their trucks to actually go off road and clear big things...and that’s okay. You just don’t know, but look into it and gain some experience before you come here and claim anyone that takes it off road is somehow “trashing” their truck. Maybe ride in the passenger seat on a trail run and see how things go.

Last edited:

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Honestly something like a Honda Pilot or Kia Sorento sounds like it would fit OPs needs better. And it would have cheaper TCO, be safer on-road, guzzle significantly less gas, etc.

Sponsored

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly something like a Honda Pilot or Kia Sorento sounds like it would fit OPs needs better. And it would have cheaper TCO, be safer on-road, guzzle significantly less gas, etc.
True they don’t need a Bronco. A Vespa probably has too much power for them

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah...you can be very aggressive in where you go and not “trash” your vehicle, but since you apparently have never been off road you automatically think taking the vehicle over obstacles = trashed vehicle. That isn’t the case. Hey, you’re mystified that people will use their trucks to actually go off road and clear big things...and that’s okay. You just don’t know, but look into it and gain some experience before you come here and claim anyone that takes it off road is somehow “trashing” their truck. Maybe ride in the passenger seat on a trail run and see how things go.

Where do you get the assumption that I have never been off-roading. You know zero about me and what I do and have done. You definitely don't know what my experience is. I used to off-road all the time in my 1970 Blazer. It was a second vehicle and I didn't care. I have seen plenty of people around me trash their vehicles off-roading. Old vehicles and new. Experienced and novice. Some actually get a kick out of seeing how much damage they can do. Again IDGAF what anyone does with their vehicles. I never suggested anyone not do anything with their vehicles. But if you take your rig off-road, rock crawling, mudding, etc., there is a chance that some major damage could happen. Experienced or not. Sorry I won't risk my daily doing that. The beach and light trails are good enough for me. Sorry that doesn't meet your expectations of what someone should do with their ride.

You really need to read a post thoroughly before trying to blindly interpret what someone was saying. Show me where I said anyone taking their vehicles off-road is automatically trashing them. I'll wait.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is where the misunderstanding is. You can do it without trashing your vehicle and still have a shit ton of fun.

Some will trash their new $$$ rigs. I’m not one of them. I don’t like fixing them so I wheel wisely and don’t get outta my (or my truck’s) comfort zone.
And these are the people I was referring to. Never said everyone off-roading will trash theirs. There are plenty that will. Some on accident. Some just showing off and doing more than they can or should. That's the target group I was referring to.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They are just machines and you should enjoy them with the people you love and make memories.It's only money and you can't take it with you to the afterlife.My honda sidexside (which cost over 20k i took from dealership to trails first day and got it stuck hard,and expect same with the Bronco because there's always time for fun(FunUnlimited is my Youtube channel lol)

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hope y’all get your Bronco with all the options you want and in the color you want. Then you can drive it where and how yall want. Yes y’all is an all inclusive term I use for guys, gals and whatever other categories. Like it don’t like it want it don’t need it ain’t gonna use it won’t never use it some y’all won’t even know what it is what it’s supposed to do but you’re gonna buy it. Spend your money your way and stop thinking you’re thought process is the only way things can be done. Buy it like you want it drive it like you want but please stop telling anyone they can’t spend there money and do with it what they want. Last I remember fought and served so y’all can say what ever you want. I’ll get off my soap box
Sponsored