Sponsored

Rock lights. Worth it getting installed from factory?

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Did you completely miss my point? The average person isn't wiring shit into their trucks. Those who are will get the switches. The rest will go "upfitter switches? What the heck are those?"

Make em standard and you're just gonna have a bunch of confused people wondering why that row of switches doesn't seem to do anything.
no I did not.. It’s pretty obvious you have no idea about them. Once you have them or had them you’ll wish they were available. And, how much sh!t comes on a vehicle that is useless or set/used once and forgotten about and your going off about something that is very useful, user friendly and saves a ton of time. Ask anyone who has a raptor or super duty and they’ll tell you the exact same thing I’m telling everyone here.
Sponsored

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish they weren't even a factory option. The last thing we need is even more BROS running around with bright ass white "underglow" on the streets. Easy install for those who need them.
not even sure running them on the road/highway is legal

and i do need them because they seem to be an excellent exterior lighting solution for the things im going to be doing (fishing on the beach for example)

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the same price, you can get RGBW Rocklights

Ford Bronco Rock lights. Worth it getting installed from factory? 1607548186145

Why pay for just one color?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how reliable is the bluetooth stuff
Depends where you get them from, but got Oracle DRL's on my truck and the only time it got stuck on red, pulled the fuse for them, put it back in and good as new.

Shop I'm going to uses Heise, say they're solid, getting them installed next friday, see how it goes

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know if I need them or will use them but I'm going to have fill up those aux switches with something.

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

opt 7 lighting has 20% off there rock lights right now. 1-2 yr warranty depending what you get. good quality stuff from them at reasonable $$

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Really? I thought they pre-ran connectors to different spots around the vehicle? Either way, I'll take that bus spot under the hood too.
They don’t. I have them on my 18 250 and they terminate in engine bay. You have to do wire run to acc

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The 4 rock lights offered are t enough for me. I use my rock lights often; spotting over tougher sections, installing/removing chains and each time I am off a trail, I try to get under and take a look for any damage (especially after running chains). I have 8 on my EB and 6 on my Samurai. I tend to run the cheaper ones, but look at the reviews for the Amazon units. One manufacturer has very ooor results with blue tooth connectivity. I had to return a set that connected once and never again. Turns out a lot of reviews concerning that problem.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

no I did not.. It’s pretty obvious you have no idea about them. Once you have them or had them you’ll wish they were available. And, how much sh!t comes on a vehicle that is useless or set/used once and forgotten about and your going off about something that is very useful, user friendly and saves a ton of time. Ask anyone who has a raptor or super duty and they’ll tell you the exact same thing I’m telling everyone here.
IMO, they don't need to be standard as long as they are such a cheep option. 90% or more of the people buying trucks (including the Bronco) are never going to add a single accessory...ever. Outside of gearhead forums, most people couldn't even hook up accessory lights themselves even with the pre-wired aux switches. So they will pay someone else to do it anyway.

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMO, they don't need to be standard as long as they are such a cheep option. 90% or more of the people buying trucks (including the Bronco) are never going to add a single accessory...ever. Outside of gearhead forums, most people couldn't even hook up accessory lights themselves even with the pre-wired aux switches. So they will pay someone else to do it anyway.
I disagree. I have aux switches activating nothing. I am going to need to flip at least a couple of switches and have something happen. If it didn't come standard with BL then I whole heartedly agree with you.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good to know. I don't mind wiring stuff up at all but wanted to avoid drilling thru the firewall. If we can hook them up to a common box under the hood that is tied to our switch panel then I will do it myself as well.
just and old trick i learned from a master, anytime you need to go thru the firewall for wires get a piece of small dia. tubing can be anything i used an old carbon arrow.
Usually theres a seal somewhere good place to look is around steering column put an angled point on the tube and shove it thru ,feed wire thru tube,remove tube,and for good measure add some black rtv sealant .
Thats why the aux switches are a good deal its all done and they will most likely be terminated like the raptor under hood on pass side.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't buy them from Ford. If you get the BD model or up, it will have a rocker set of switches on the ceiling that is pre-wired to different locations around the vehicle. Should technically be very easy for you to add lights after the fact.
They aren't prewired to different "locations", they are just prewired switches. You'll still need to run cable from the footwell area.

To the OP, yeah it makes zero sense to buy through Ford for that markup. There are a bunch of LED light options you can mount yourself far cheaper and the wiring is simple.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm, I used all mine. I don't know anyone that hasn't used the switches in any Ford truck that had them.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Ford lights are way overpriced. If you're not a DIYer or don't have anyone to help you it's not a bad way to go.

These are the ones I'm getting from Lux. They're a little more expensive (buy once cry once) than the cheap ones from Amazon but I know several who have them and they work great and really light up the underside. The biggest plus is they're magnetic so you don't have to drill any holes and you can also move them around for better placement/adjustability. They also come with longer leads (10' & 20") so you shouldn't have to buy additional wiring.

https://luxlightingsystems.com/prod...-light-kit-for-trucks-8-piece-ground-coverage

Ford Bronco Rock lights. Worth it getting installed from factory? Lux Rock Lights
Sponsored