AU98

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I met with my dealer today and we submitted my order. The ordering system would not allow for OEM rock rails to be installed on the Wildtrak, as it said it was not compatible. You are allowed to add the tube step. Anyone knows what gives, they both mount to the same spot and can be added to B&P. The factory rock rails aren’t the greatest, but they did cover the unsightly pinch weld and act as a place holder for future upgrades/aftermarket to catch up.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

probably a bug in BP. The order guide for WT does NOT list rock rails so that is why the dealer can't do them.

Aftermarket will come out with REAL rock wells soon enough. I think your welds are not even going to be noticed with your kick ass Bronco.

For me, I'm getting the steps temporarily only to hopefully help from door dings until I can get some actual function rails.

OP
OP
AU98

AU98

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
probably a bug in BP. The order guide for WT does NOT list rock rails so that is why the dealer can't do them.

Aftermarket will come out with REAL rock wells soon enough. I think your welds are not even going to be noticed with your kick ass Bronco.

For me, I'm getting the steps temporarily only to hopefully help from door dings until I can get some actual function rails.
I hear ya. I will go aftermarket, By the time we actually see our Bronco, there should be a couple of different options available. It was weird that the system actually said not compatible with the Wildtrak and listed a bunch of other non-compatibilities as well- B&O radio, upgraded headlights, etc. Oh well.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I met with my dealer today and we submitted my order. The ordering system would not allow for OEM rock rails to be installed on the Wildtrak, as it said it was not compatible. You are allowed to add the tube step. Anyone knows what gives, they both mount to the same spot and can be added to B&P. The factory rock rails aren’t the greatest, but they did cover the unsightly pinch weld and act as a place holder for future upgrades/aftermarket to catch up.
I wouldn't spend the money on factory rock rails. You'll be able to buy takeoffs from Badlands owners installing sliders pretty quickly.

Take off Rubicon rock rails, and springs are real easy to find. Probably the first two things replaced for aftermarket.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Personally, I'm going to wait and go aftermarket. There will be more/better options than what Ford is offering from the factory.

Sponsored

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I opted for a black diamond which does not allow for tube steps since the rock rails are standard. My plan is to find someone willing to swap once these hit the streets. I'm sure you'll fine aftermarket or oem takeoffs at some point. Not worth worrying about the order.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I opted for a black diamond which does not allow for tube steps since the rock rails are standard. My plan is to find someone willing to swap once these hit the streets. I'm sure you'll fine aftermarket or oem takeoffs at some point. Not worth worrying about the order.
I don't think they're included, look like a $595 option.

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think they're included, look like a $595 option.
That's just a bug in B&P. They are standard and shown as so on the ordering guide. Also listed on my order sheet as $0.

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hear ya. I will go aftermarket, By the time we actually see our Bronco, there should be a couple of different options available. It was weird that the system actually said not compatible with the Wildtrak and listed a bunch of other non-compatibilities as well- B&O radio, upgraded headlights, etc. Oh well.
B&O Radio not compatible? That doest sound right. Upgraded headlights are standard on Wildtrak also.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's just a bug in B&P. They are standard and shown as so on the ordering guide. Also listed on my order sheet as $0.
Oh that's good to know, thanks! I haven't converted yet or dug into the order guide in great detail, waiting on a 2022 as of now. I actually need the steps anyway, so didn't pay too much attention one way or the other. I'll probably do the same thing as you and try to trade someone.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AU98

AU98

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
B&O Radio not compatible? That doest sound right. Upgraded headlights are standard on Wildtrak also.
It was almost like things in the high and Lux packages were not compatible with the rock rails for Wildtrax. I guess it is a glitch in the Matrix.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you want the OEM rock rails, wait a couple months after deliveries start and get a set for well under what Ford charges. I know I'll get rid of mine as soon as SOS Concepts starts shipping sliders.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I checked out the Rocky-Road brand of rails and a) they look good and b) the Jeep prices were somewhere in the $650 range (close to OEM price).

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I checked out the Rocky-Road brand of rails and a) they look good and b) the Jeep prices were somewhere in the $650 range (close to OEM price).
These are the ones I want. They are concept from the Interactive garage but we're listed at $430 from Rugged Ridge. These double as steps but stick out.

Ford Bronco Rock Rails on WildTrak Interactive Garage - Bronco Build

OP
OP
AU98

AU98

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
These are the ones I want. They are concept from the Interactive garage but we're listed at $430 from Rugged Ridge. These double as steps but stick out.

Ford Bronco Rock Rails on WildTrak Interactive Garage - Bronco Build
Nice, that is the style I will probably lean towards.
Sponsored