Mikayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered the 4wp side steps. They stick out far enough to dent someones door that tries to slam into mine
Are they frame mounted or??
I want a set but don’t want to sacrifice the rock rails. I tried getting an answer from 4WP but they weren’t very clear with their answer
Sponsored

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m shocked there aren’t more options available for sliders. I feel like I’m going to be waiting forever to get a set for my 2 door…

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Isn't a slider step sort of an oxymoron? I mean you can only slide until you hit the step?
i think the step is actuallly the same level as the rest of the slider if you look closely. I might cancel my ford one on my build. I think I like these better.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i think the step is actuallly the same level as the rest of the slider if you look closely. I might cancel my ford one on my build. I think I like these better.
You know, I think you're correct. The step doesn't drop down any lower than the slider, so that is a plus, but I don't think I was actually thinking of it hanging down as much as sticking out.

But the fact that they are level is a big "step" up from others :)

Lucky Nut

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Rock slider engineering and Aires will be making retractable ones. I have AMP on my lifted 2500 HD. If your getting the Sasquatch, these auto steps drop 10/12 inches.
As a 2dr Sasquatch guy, this is what I’m waiting to see. I prefer a clean no step look so retractable sure would be nice. I get in/out just fine but when someone needs to climb in the back seat a little helper step would really come in handy.

Sponsored

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm holding out for aluminum, frame-mounted, 'slider steps'. Which probably means I'll never get them (I don't think such a thing exists even for the Wrangler).

Every piece of 'powder-coated steel' I've ever seen left outside for any amount of time always rusts. I switched my utility trailer from steel to aluminum, and wish I had never wasted time with steel.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've noticed on a few of the SEMA builds they had some actual sliders that stuck out. I liked a few of them but when I went to each of their websites, it wasn't there.

I'm so sick of concept vehicles. Don't show me something I can't buy, then doing that going on 2 years now.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You know, I think you're correct. The step doesn't drop down any lower than the slider, so that is a plus, but I don't think I was actually thinking of it hanging down as much as sticking out.

But the fact that they are level is a big "step" up from others :)
ya I think it’s deceiving it looks like it’s lower, but believe it’s same level just sticks out. I like it.

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs