Sponsored

Rock Rails/Sliders that will help with do dings ?

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Rock Slide Engineering steps are awesome.
Ford Bronco Rock Rails/Sliders that will help with do dings ? 8B3B027B-3FCE-4100-93BC-014739407FB6
Sponsored

gtx_bronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This issue i have run into is that so many of the modern SUVs have the curved doors that cut out around the rear tire, effectively moving the impact point up two feet making any protection down by the rocker useless. Someone's little crotch goblin slung their door open and left a nice big ass fish eye in my door. I am taking the approach of the more trail stripes I get the less I give a crap about it....same approach as my cracked all to hell and back front windshield. I will replace it when it wont pass inspection

Ford Bronco Rock Rails/Sliders that will help with do dings ? 1660224772686

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like you have to buy their extra mounting hardware tho? I have Bronco OEM tube steps I will be removing. But I hate the extra cost and not mounting to OEM spots.
I had the OEM Badlands sliders. I can't vouch for the OEM tube steps using the same mounting hardware / location. BUT I would be super surprised if they didn't.

You only need the extra mounting hardware if your Bronco didn't come with something. Sliders, Tube steps, Running Boards, etc...

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the Zroadz and have definitely heard them collect some flying rocks off the front tires...
Ford Bronco Rock Rails/Sliders that will help with do dings ? IMG_0738

Ford Bronco Rock Rails/Sliders that will help with do dings ? IMG_0739

Looks like you have to buy their extra mounting hardware tho? I have Bronco OEM tube steps I will be removing. But I hate the extra cost and not mounting to OEM spots.
They still mount to the OEM spots. No drilling required. If you have the Ford rock rails then these bolt right up. The additional mounting kit just replaces the kit Ford uses, as it isn't standard issue.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the Zroadz and have definitely heard them collect some flying rocks off the front tires...

They still mount to the OEM spots. No drilling required. If you have the Ford rock rails then these bolt right up. The additional mounting kit just replaces the kit Ford uses, as it isn't standard issue.
I was 100% set on zroadz and then I ran across bodyguards. The bodyguards mounting brackets are way beefier...spread the load out across the body more, and actually claim to be high lift capable.

Although the zroadz seem like they would block rock kickups better, they just look like a perfect prybar waiting to be bent up.

I'm still a bit torn because I love the look of them.

Sponsored

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was 100% set on zroadz and then I ran across bodyguards. The bodyguards mounting brackets are way beefier...spread the load out across the body more, and actually claim to be high lift capable.

Although the zroadz seem like they would block rock kickups better, they just look like a perfect prybar waiting to be bent up.

I'm still a bit torn because I love the look of them.
Gotta make the right choice for you. The install instructions on the bodyguards looks pretty similar to the Zroadz after a quick glance. The Zroadz definitely don’t ofger Any highlift points though.

Freedom5

Badlands
First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic mini cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just installed the rough country ones last week. They are stout and don’t need any extra drilling for install. Was able to get some use this weekend, held up great on challenging 8-8.5 rated Colorado trails. I mainly went with them because they are functional as a step, seem to tuck close enough to the front fender for blocking most rock chips and they are very reasonably priced.

also, I am not always a fan of needing to use a step, sometime I just like to hop in and out. It is just short enough to allow you to get in or out without the step being in the way.

Do these hide the pinch weld?

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Freedom5

Badlands
First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic mini cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CrytpX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
992S, Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
iag “Great stuff there.
iagperformance.com
Thanks! it's between these and zroadz (slight pricier, but better protection) for me. :unsure:
Sponsored