Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello all:

I did a search and can't seem to find a discussion on the rails/steps.

1. I am ordering a BD and it comes with the factory rock rails: I want tube steps also. I remember reading a few months ago that the factory rails and steps share the same mounting point (I think???).

What is my way around this? I would love to keep the rock rails in place to hide the spot welds: it is just rough looking without something covering them.

I am hoping someone in the aftermarket finds a solution to this.

2. The models above and below the BD allow for sound deadening but I can't get it on the BD with SaS. I looked at the Hot Head Jeep liners and they look alright. I think I would like to cover the sides by the windows also. Does anyone know of a company that has kits with the side options?

See ya,

Pat
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello all:

I did a search and can't seem to find a discussion on the rails/steps.

1. I am ordering a BD and it comes with the factory rock rails: I want tube steps also. I remember reading a few months ago that the factory rails and steps share the same mounting point (I think???).

What is my way around this? I would love to keep the rock rails in place to hide the spot welds: it is just rough looking without something covering them.

I am hoping someone in the aftermarket finds a solution to this.

2. The models above and below the BD allow for sound deadening but I can't get it on the BD with SaS. I looked at the Hot Head Jeep liners and they look alright. I think I would like to cover the sides by the windows also. Does anyone know of a company that has kits with the side options?

See ya,

Pat
1 - at worst it would be modifying one of the brackets to go underneath the othe or to sister up to the other.
2 - IIRC HotHeads also has a floor product that you can put down. Generically it is the same type of thing that stereo shops can install. OR that LineX stuff also supplies some type of sound deadening ability.