First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 DRW, 2015 4dr Jeep, 1997 F350, & more
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took delivery of my RSE power steps, I ordered the lights and the remote switches and am installing tomorrow. The whole package is very impressive, i have done the AMP steps on other vehicles but they are just steps. These are SOLID and well built.

I have a question if anyone has installed this same set up, directions are very detailed and clear but they left out the location for the remote switch which is how to operate when you have the doors off. I have called RSE and left a message but i dont have a lot of patience LOL.

I will post pics of the install from before, during and after.
Thanks
Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the steps up do they double ar rock rails? I saw on their site that there was a guard to put under the steps.

OP
OP
Livin The Dream
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the steps up do they double ar rock rails? I saw on their site that there was a guard to put under the steps.
Its my understanding and based on how they are built they are functioning rock slides with steps that deploy when you open the door. They probably weigh 60-70 #s each

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Glad you got them. Especially nice to hear they are solid.

PS: I don't care where you you post this but there is a lengthy RSE thread where lots of people I think would enjoy and benefit hearing about your install. If you keep it in the Rapture forum a bunch may never see it. Thanks for posting about the steps.....mine are/were supposed to be made this week!!?? I excited.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/rockslide-engineering-steps-group-buy-has-started.25139/

OP
OP
Livin The Dream
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From their website, I just copied and pasted this for info: Rock Slide Engineering has designed 3/16” steel Skid plates to protect the side and bottom your 3rd Gen Step Sliders. Sliders are designed to take a hit, but if you love more aggressive trails: Skid Plates are necessary. Made to fit the Step Sliders like a phone case and screws into the existing step slider with the same brackets. A cutout for the actual step will allow your steps to continue functioning. We use a state-of-the-art automated powder coat system to acid etch the raw base material in preparation for the textured black topcoat.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Livin The Dream
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad you got them. Especially nice to hear they are solid.

PS: I don't care where you you post this but there is a lengthy RSE thread where lots of people I think would enjoy and benefit hearing about your install. If you keep it in the Rapture forum a bunch may never see it. Thanks for posting about the steps.....mine are/were supposed to be made this week!!?? I excited.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/rockslide-engineering-steps-group-buy-has-started.25139/
Thanks, didnt realize thats where i was,.... I'll head that way.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took delivery of my RSE power steps, I ordered the lights and the remote switches and am installing tomorrow. The whole package is very impressive, i have done the AMP steps on other vehicles but they are just steps. These are SOLID and well built.

I have a question if anyone has installed this same set up, directions are very detailed and clear but they left out the location for the remote switch which is how to operate when you have the doors off. I have called RSE and left a message but i dont have a lot of patience LOL.

Thanks
Its my understanding and based on how they are built they are functioning rock slides with steps that deploy when you open the door. They probably weigh 60-70 #s each
How far out do they extend from the body? Are they as wide as the normal OEM steps? Thanks...Dave

BroncoAW

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Fx4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks
I dont Remember the other thread I saw it on, however there is a door delete kit you have to buy In order to operate the sliders with the doors off. They have them for Jeep and someone on the other thread said they were working on the door delete kit for the bronco

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont Remember the other thread I saw it on, however there is a door delete kit you have to buy In order to operate the sliders with the doors off. They have them for Jeep and someone on the other thread said they were working on the door delete kit for the bronco
It's the same kit there's just no real direction on where to put them yet

People put them all over the place on Jeeps. So I guess I just have to figure out good locations.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, they are rated to 600lbs I believe but with safety factors involved, can probably take a bit more. So you can’t truly use them to put the full weight of the vehicle on as a pivot point, but they can take some load and will be fine as long as you’ve got a couple tires on the ground.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Livin The Dream
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How far out do they extend from the body? Are they as wide as the normal OEM steps? Thanks...Dave
They are wider than the factory rock rails. Big enough to stand on to open the top comfortably. I drove my dually today so i cant measure but they are almost as wide as the stock 35's

OP
OP
Livin The Dream
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did get and order the door delete kit just cant find any information on where to best mount the switches and the harness install seems simple but having issues with that portion. I emailed RSE last week, no response yet.
Sponsored