Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know these aren't that old "for the Bronco" but has there been any concerns/issues that would make you think twice investing in a step/slider that has built in mechanism. I know severe rock sliding/slamming could damage these but I'm more interested in Overlanding Use and if anyone has experienced the mechanism/motor having issues and if outside the warranty time, what was the solution??
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was talked out of them by a friend who owns a Jeep JK, perhaps his were from an earlier design.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
and if outside the warranty time, what was the solution??
RSE replacement parts

There is not much to them mechanically and replacing a motor can probably done in under an hour.

That said, I have had mine since November, have slammed them into rocks several times and they still work great.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've only known one person who had them that had an issue, and that was after submerging them in muddy water.
Could be a fluke incident, as they are supposedly engineered to withstand that.

I DO know that I were to get them, spend that $, I'd spring for the supplemental rock protection as well.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve come down on a couple rocks, hard, and they function just fine.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My main reason for the question is wondering if anyone has had issues outside the warranty 12m period and had to pay up for mechanism that failed and it became costly. I don't think these measure up to some "true" rock sliders, but they seem acceptable for mild use. I'm most concerned about a warranty for mechanism only lasting 12m

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My main reason for the question is wondering if anyone has had issues outside the warranty 12m period and had to pay up for mechanism that failed and it became costly. I don't think these measure up to some "true" rock sliders, but they seem acceptable for mild use. I'm most concerned about a warranty for mechanism only lasting 12m
My opinion is that if the mechanism is going to break, it’ll break within 12 months if you use it like you’re describing. I haven’t personally heard of anyone from the jeep realm and google doesn’t really bring up a lot of results for failures either.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have the extra rock protection on them?
No, I’ve thought about it, but feel like the extra weight isn’t worth it. They don’t protect the swinging step itself anyway. So far I’ve only got some rash, no major dents or deformations.

Murph56789

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos/F350s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had many issues with mine. Was onto circuit board number 6 on the passenger side. Tried replacing the whole harness and whole step multiple times too. They were not abused and didn’t get wet. The motor isn’t really that fast to replace because the whole step must come off. Got old after doing it so many times. They also shipped me the wrong side step twice, so they have more issues than just quality control. Luckily they finally agreed to a refund, so happy to be rid of those and have normal frame mounted sliders with no electronics to fail. And last I heard from them they still couldn’t figure out why mine kept failing. I could never recommend these to anyone.

Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be watching the replies... I chose these sliders based on good reviews, but they do seem to be a "love them" v "they're trash" kind of situation.

I definitely get the concern.... Even if you didn't "need" steps before, once the sliders are installed, you definitely do need the step electronics to work; It gets really awkward to climb over them otherwise.

Even if the electronics are working, you have to be vigilant and keep them well lubed and clear of obstructions like ice or mud.... As the safety mechanisms won't allow the steps to open if there is much resistance at all.

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just started having an issue with mine after being installed for a year. The drivers side step just started randomly deploying while driving. Magnets have not shifted. Even installed larger magnets when the steps were installed. Have never been hit or landed on so no damage.

Have contacted the company to see what they suggest.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just started having an issue with mine after being installed for a year. The drivers side step just started randomly deploying while driving. Magnets have not shifted. Even installed larger magnets when the steps were installed. Have never been hit or landed on so no damage.

Interesting, mine are 7 months old and so far no issues. keep us posted on what they say.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a sensor issue that is currently being resolved by them.

Lucky Nut

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

How do you know they're deploying?
Sponsored