Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

10-3-21 Update: @Dusty video and review

My wife and I installed the Rock-Slide table on our Base 2-Door last week! It's an awesome product IMO. To answer a couple of the questions I've seen posted in this thread...
  1. There's no rattling. Someone mentioned the metal-on-metal when it's folded. It actually has some small plastic/rubber bumpers that cushion between the panels when it is folded. The whole contraption is nice and tight when it's stowed.
  2. The stars on the sides actually have a function. They're intended as a trash bag holder, and they work pretty well for that. Before I realized that they had a function, I was also not a fan of the look of them. But after hanging a trash bag on it and the corners of the star actually doing a good job to keep hold of the bag in the wind I thought it was pretty cool.
  3. Yes it's the same table they have sold for years for the JK Wrangler (and subsequently the JL). It just happens to fit perfectly on the Bronco tailgate as well. The instructions are no help for Bronco owners, but the installation is so simple you don't really need instructions. They do not list Bronco compatibility on their website yet but just click on the JK/JL one and you've got it.
  4. The only feature some of the other tables on the market have, that this one doesn't, is the slide-out cutting board. I'm not really missing that feature though, as this one still has more surface area due to the additional top shelf, plus the fact that it being an accordion design the bottom shelf is extra deep. And the cutting board adds thickness into your cargo area when stowed, and for my 2-door it's already tight in there. This thing is only 1" thick when stowed.
  5. The weight capacity of this table is unrivaled by any of the others on the market, at 100 lbs. The only other two that I've seen that are confirmed as Bronco-compatible (Goose Gear and Ford Accessories) do not specify a weight rating. The Goose Gear one has a locking hinge mechanism that I wouldn't put too much trust in with more than say 30 lbs. or so. I like the higher capacity of the RSE table, as I can see this thing performing workbench duty for trail repairs, in addition to meal prep.
  6. There are quite a few tailgate tables on the market from different manufacturers, made specifically to fit the Jeep JK and JL. While some of them may fit the Bronco tailgate, I've found no others that actually claim Bronco compatibility. But it's highly likely that many of them will fit. The exception will probably be the ones with slide-out cutting boards. The bump-out on the end of the Bronco's tailgate might interfere with the slide-out boards.
We posted a video of the install on our YouTube channel, check it out if you're interested.

9-7-21 Update:
Table is already offered on their site (link below). Per email conversations with Rock Slide, it installs the same way as the JK install (6 self-tapping screws). Capacity is 100lbs.

https://rockslideengineering.com/product/trail-tailgate-table-2/

Original Post:
I stumbled on to this post on Instagram via @chronic_broncitis and hadn't seen it before on here (pictures are a few pages in). Looks like another cool table option for the Bronco! Also showing a other goodies as well.

Ford Bronco Rock Slide Folding Table for Bronco Tailgate tailgate1.PNG

Ford Bronco Rock Slide Folding Table for Bronco Tailgate tailgate2.PNG

Ford Bronco Rock Slide Folding Table for Bronco Tailgate tailgate3.PNG

Ford Bronco Rock Slide Folding Table for Bronco Tailgate pricing.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could do without the stars but that table looks more robust than the Ford one. What does the Ford table go for? Any idea what this table is made of in terms of weight compared to the Ford?

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing on their website yet:
https://rockslideengineering.com/

I'm interested in weight capacity, and if you can remove the top shelf, or just not deploy the top shelf. It doesn't look like that top shelf is compatible with a camp stove.

Sponsored
OP
OP
j_marinelli

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing on their website yet:
https://rockslideengineering.com/

I'm interested in weight capacity, and if you can remove the top shelf, or just not deploy the top shelf. It doesn't look like that top shelf is compatible with a camp stove.
I emailed them this morning for ETA and weight capacity as I was curious as well. If I get any info I will be sure to share here.

OP
OP
j_marinelli

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got a response back from Rock Slide. Turns out it's the same table they already make for the Jeep and has a 100lb capacity. I assume it has to be retrofitted on the Bronco but am waiting confirmation.

email message below:

Thanks for the email.

This tailgate table is the same as our Jeep Jk/JL tailgate table and is available now. Below is where you can find the tailgate table.

https://rockslideengineering.com/product/trail-tailgate-table-2/
edit: It mounts the same way as the JK install (six self-taping screws)
https://rockslideengineering.com/installation-instructions/

Last edited:

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like it ..super nice looking table , but self tapping screws?...seems like will sooner or later will not hold.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
one question on the table. Is it a rattle trap? :unsure:
Well I just had the Ford accessory tailgate table installed at the dealer and it rattles. Everything seems secure but man especially with the top down u can hear that bad boy rattle…
It might be coming off…

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well I just had the Ford accessory tailgate table installed at the dealer and it rattles. Everything seems secure but man especially with the top down u can hear that bad boy rattle…
It might be coming off…
Try felt used for chair legs.
Sponsored