Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I saw some other step installs and I was dreading doing these by myself, but it was super easy. I think I completed both sides in less than an hour. They mount directly where the factory Ford sliders mounted. I was happy with the factory sliders but need the step for my wife and grandkids. I wanted steps that still tucked high to the body to hide the pinch wells and Zroadz delivered just that. I know this post might draw out some of the purest because they are not frame welded or mounted, but these will do for the off-roading I will be doing. And I think they will help with deflecting some of the rocks kicked up by the tires. Anyway I think they look pretty awesome on the 4 door Bronco. Sorry for the dirty Bronco but didn't want to wash it just to hit the trails tomorrow.
Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz Screenshot 2021-12-22 133718
Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz Screenshot 2021-12-22 133944
Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz Screenshot 2021-12-22 134020
Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz Screenshot 2021-12-22 134109
Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz Screenshot 2021-12-22 134142
Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz Screenshot 2021-12-22 134219
Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz Screenshot 2021-12-22 134252
Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz Screenshot 2021-12-22 134328
Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz Screenshot 2021-12-22 134400
Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz Screenshot 2021-12-22 134436
Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz Screenshot 2021-12-22 134504
Sponsored

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wish they had these for the 2 door.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

those look good! can you post a link? do they feel sturdy when you stand on them?

OP
OP
ICUGAZN

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
ICUGAZN

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What are you doing with your factory rock rails?

OP
OP
ICUGAZN

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are you doing with your factory rock rails?
LOL, they are leaning up against the wall in my shed right now. :) I may try to sell them locally.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
LOL, they are leaning up against the wall in my shed right now. :) I may try to sell them locally.
I am not local but I am a road warrior who can easily kill 900 miles off in a day. If you find tough sledding selling them locally and wouldn't mind driving 30-40 minutes towards Ohio - I'll come grab them from you

EDIT: *for an agreed upon price. Not expecting you to just "give" them to me!

Last edited:

El Diablo

Badlands
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 and 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bought these during their Black Friday sale even though I am still waiting for my BL Bronco. Glad to hear the install was straight forward and thanks for sharing pics. They looked great on your rig.

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Leaning toward these when I get my 2 door. Will have factory to sell.

Sponsored

CarryOn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-350, 2014 JK Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
They look great!

Just so others know that may be looking at a set, they will not bolt onto your Bronco unless you have the factory mounts that come with the rock rails (or possibly the factory side steps, not sure how those mount.).

I received mine last Saturday, and only have a base model. I did not order rock rails from the factory as I knew I’d go the aftermarket route. The front of them bolt up fine, but the middle and rear mounts do not. I was able to order those mounts from my Ford dealer for about $115 for all 4 and hopefully they show up soon.

I emailed Zroadz and they called me back today. They did not know this was an issue, as they thought all Broncos came with the mounts. I had a suspicion when I ordered they may have missed that as they had a Badlands to build off of, and my suspicions were correct. Zroadz worked with me as I want to keep these steps. I really like the quality and appearance. While Zroadz may be slow to answer an email or call, they did show concern and did help me out, which I really appreciate.

In this pic below, you can see the gap where a mounting bracket should be. So if someone is looking at factory rock rails to buy, or a set of steps like these Zroadz, I hope you already have mounts for your Bronco to bolt them to or can find a set.

Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz 394C602E-C00E-4DBD-B04E-E821B602E8A5

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
They look great!

Just so others know that may be looking at a set, they will not bolt onto your Bronco unless you have the factory mounts that come with the rock rails (or possibly the factory side steps, not sure how those mount.).
Good to know. Thank you.

OP
OP
ICUGAZN

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They look great!

I received mine last Saturday, and only have a base model. I did not order rock rails from the factory as I knew I’d go the aftermarket route. The front of them bolt up fine, but the middle and rear mounts do not. I was able to order those mounts from my Ford dealer for about $115 for all 4 and hopefully they show up soon.

I emailed Zroadz and they called me back today. They did not know this was an issue, as they thought all Broncos came with the mounts. I had a suspicion when I ordered they may have missed that as they had a Badlands to build off of, and my suspicions were correct. Zroadz worked with me as I want to keep these steps. I really like the quality and appearance. While Zroadz may be slow to answer an email or call, they did show concern and did help me out, which I really appreciate.

In this pic below, you can see the gap where a mounting bracket should be. So if someone is looking at factory rock rails to buy, or a set of steps like these Zroadz, I hope you already have mounts for your Bronco to bolt them to or can find a set.

Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz 394C602E-C00E-4DBD-B04E-E821B602E8A5
Very good point. I didn’t realize that because I had the factory rails. One other thing to note is that zroadz’s front mounting bolt is a 16mm, while the middle and rear are 13mm.

DoubleD

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They look great!

Wow! This is frustrating. Waiting on my Base to be built and I already ordered a set of these for my 4 door. What did Zroadz do for you to make things right? Do you happen to have the part number for the mounts needed? Thanks for the info
Sponsored