Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hell no I wouldn't be drilling into my frame either I didn't read much of that just that it bolted to frame didn't know you had to drill stuff screw that
But you're oknwith welding on the frame???
Sponsored

DoubleD

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Surprisingly, the mounts came in today and bolted up without problems. The two middle mounts are different from each other, and the two rear mounts have a left and right. You’ll also need to pick up four M10 flange bolts to mount them. I think they were 25mm long. Local hardware store had them for around $3 for the 4.

Below is a picture of the 4 mounts’ part numbers and also what one looks like.

Also, I don’t plan on pivoting on rocks with these things. The company may call them sliders, but I view them as heavy duty steps for my kids that happen to look great to my eye. They do, however, feel more substantial compared to other slide steps I’ve had.

AE7144A1-475B-4B3A-B9A2-D51DF39A60DA.jpeg
3A26B3C8-FD1E-40B8-81DE-28AEF59814FB.jpeg

942EF9A1-59AA-48E7-A277-791100565CBD.jpeg
This is the list Zroadz sent me of the additional Ford parts needed for 4 door install. Does this seam correct to you? Looking for your advice since you have completed the install. Much appreciated

6343C7EB-9BE0-4E38-968E-ED81BD019DF2.jpeg

CarryOn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-350, 2014 JK Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is the list Zroadz sent me of the additional Ford parts needed for 4 door install. Does this seam correct to you? Looking for your advice since you have completed the install. Much appreciated

Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz 6343C7EB-9BE0-4E38-968E-ED81BD019DF2
The brackets are correct. Not sure about the bolts and nuts they have listed as the size is not noted there.

I only had to buy 4 of the M10 flange bolt because their kit already included every bolts, washer, and nut needed for attaching the rail to the mounts.

Are they including the parts now if you don’t have a factory rock rail?

DoubleD

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The brackets are correct. Not sure about the bolts and nuts they have listed as the size is not noted there.

I only had to buy 4 of the M10 flange bolt because their kit already included every bolts, washer, and nut needed for attaching the rail to the mounts.

Nope, for now they they are just sending out this list of parts for you to order and refunding price of parts. I think it will be awhile before they can fabricate it to fit a non factory rail model as they don’t have one to test fit. He told me they updated the website to show this but I haven’t looked yet. Appreciate your feedback.

Sponsored

DoubleD

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2 of the damn brackets are on back order till at least the end of January. Unreal

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I saw some other step installs and I was dreading doing these by myself, but it was super easy. I think I completed both sides in less than an hour. They mount directly where the factory Ford sliders mounted. I was happy with the factory sliders but need the step for my wife and grandkids. I wanted steps that still tucked high to the body to hide the pinch wells and Zroadz delivered just that. I know this post might draw out some of the purest because they are not frame welded or mounted, but these will do for the off-roading I will be doing. And I think they will help with deflecting some of the rocks kicked up by the tires. Anyway I think they look pretty awesome on the 4 door Bronco. Sorry for the dirty Bronco but didn't want to wash it just to hit the trails tomorrow.
Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz 6343C7EB-9BE0-4E38-968E-ED81BD019DF2
Kevin, can we get you to post more pics from the distance outside? it would be good to see the finished product with the whole bronco. I also have an AMB BadSquatch, so I am particularly keen on that. Thanks! @ICUGAZN

OP
OP
ICUGAZN

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kevin, can we get you to post more pics from the distance outside? it would be good to see the finished product with the whole bronco. I also have an AMB BadSquatch, so I am particularly keen on that. Thanks! @ICUGAZN
How is this?
Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz 20211222_191241000_iOS
Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz 20211222_191213163_iOS

Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz 20211223_172558133_iOS

Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz 20211223_183804892_iOS
Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz 20211223_185211204_iOS

20211228_173435741_iOS.jpg

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They look great!

Just so others know that may be looking at a set, they will not bolt onto your Bronco unless you have the factory mounts that come with the rock rails (or possibly the factory side steps, not sure how those mount.).

I received mine last Saturday, and only have a base model. I did not order rock rails from the factory as I knew I’d go the aftermarket route. The front of them bolt up fine, but the middle and rear mounts do not. I was able to order those mounts from my Ford dealer for about $115 for all 4 and hopefully they show up soon.

I emailed Zroadz and they called me back today. They did not know this was an issue, as they thought all Broncos came with the mounts. I had a suspicion when I ordered they may have missed that as they had a Badlands to build off of, and my suspicions were correct. Zroadz worked with me as I want to keep these steps. I really like the quality and appearance. While Zroadz may be slow to answer an email or call, they did show concern and did help me out, which I really appreciate.

In this pic below, you can see the gap where a mounting bracket should be. So if someone is looking at factory rock rails to buy, or a set of steps like these Zroadz, I hope you already have mounts for your Bronco to bolt them to or can find a set.

Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz 20211228_173435741_iOS
Thanks for the photos and insight.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ICUGAZN

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks awesome!!! nice build so far!!! Love the tags as well!!
did you come down on that rock in the 2nd to last pic?
LOL! No, I was just goofing around. :)

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for all the great information. Like the fact that they stick out enough to prevent door dings. Have they helped with the problem of the tires throwing up stones on the rockers, causing damage?

OP
OP
ICUGAZN

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for all the great information. Like the fact that they stick out enough to prevent door dings. Have they helped with the problem of the tires throwing up stones on the rockers, causing damage?
Last week when I was coming out of the trails, I could hear the rocks pinging off the bottom of the rails. :) So yes they protect the sides of the vehicles from rocks.

BroncoDEPR

Badlands
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They look great!

Just so others know that may be looking at a set, they will not bolt onto your Bronco unless you have the factory mounts that come with the rock rails (or possibly the factory side steps, not sure how those mount.).

I received mine last Saturday, and only have a base model. I did not order rock rails from the factory as I knew I’d go the aftermarket route. The front of them bolt up fine, but the middle and rear mounts do not. I was able to order those mounts from my Ford dealer for about $115 for all 4 and hopefully they show up soon.

I emailed Zroadz and they called me back today. They did not know this was an issue, as they thought all Broncos came with the mounts. I had a suspicion when I ordered they may have missed that as they had a Badlands to build off of, and my suspicions were correct. Zroadz worked with me as I want to keep these steps. I really like the quality and appearance. While Zroadz may be slow to answer an email or call, they did show concern and did help me out, which I really appreciate.

In this pic below, you can see the gap where a mounting bracket should be. So if someone is looking at factory rock rails to buy, or a set of steps like these Zroadz, I hope you already have mounts for your Bronco to bolt them to or can find a set.

Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz 20211228_173435741_iOS
So they mount to the body and not to the frame?