Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It does help, thanks! I do like how close these tuck up to the body and cover the pinch weld. I’ve watched all the vids and they do seem to flex slightly more than a couple of the other frame mounted options. However, they look like they’ll offer enough protection to get the job done and keep rocks out of the body. I guess you have to have a little faith in Ford on how they designed those mounting points too.

A little concern though on the brackets, as they look like they could take damage on closer inboard rocks as there’s no plate connecting the edge flanges, or in between the brackets for rocks to slide along.
they used the exact same mounts that the Ford Bronco tube steps were mounted to. Went on relatively easy....well easy being subjective when trying to lift this by yourself.

The OD and wall thickness of the tubing was a huge selling point for me, as was made in America. A lot of the other options are "designed in the US, made in Mexico" or made over in China etc. I trust American steel more than I trust Chinese or Mexican steel.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GoatFab

GoatFab

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It does help, thanks! I do like how close these tuck up to the body and cover the pinch weld. I’ve watched all the vids and they do seem to flex slightly more than a couple of the other frame mounted options. However, they look like they’ll offer enough protection to get the job done and keep rocks out of the body. I guess you have to have a little faith in Ford on how they designed those mounting points too.

A little concern though on the brackets, as they look like they could take damage on closer inboard rocks as there’s no plate connecting the edge flanges, or in between the brackets for rocks to slide along.

Chritaka,

One of the first videos we posted we were testing with 3/16 brackets and changed to a 1/4 thick plate and gussets. The brackets are about 3 inches above the frame so they are almost impossible to get hung up on. We have done significant testing in Moab recently and they worked perfectly and with the new heavier mounting points they do not move or flex.

Thanks and I hope that helps!!

Adam

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Chritaka,

One of the first videos we posted we were testing with 3/16 brackets and changed to a 1/4 thick plate and gussets. The brackets are about 3 inches above the frame so they are almost impossible to get hung up on. We have done significant testing in Moab recently and they worked perfectly and with the new heavier mounting points they do not move or flex.

Thanks and I hope that helps!!

Adam

Did the earliest production sliders have the 3/16 or 1/4 brackets?

I'm not worried about the sliders hanging up as they are higher than the frame, gas tank, rear lower trailing arm mounts, etc. Anything can hang up, but you are much more likely to hit all the lower stuff well before the brackets on the sliders.

So far I've been happy with mine. The finish has held up well and there are only a few spots I'm down to bare metal. Will eventually Krylon them once more metal is exposed.

OP
OP
GoatFab

GoatFab

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did the earliest production sliders have the 3/16 or 1/4 brackets?

I'm not worried about the sliders hanging up as they are higher than the frame, gas tank, rear lower trailing arm mounts, etc. Anything can hang up, but you are much more likely to hit all the lower stuff well before the brackets on the sliders.

So far I've been happy with mine. The finish has held up well and there are only a few spots I'm down to bare metal. Will eventually Krylon them once more metal is exposed.
3/16 never went to production. Everything has been 1/4.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for everyone’s feedback and pics. I’m convinced, just pulled the trigger… (y)

Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for everyone’s feedback and pics. I’m convinced, just pulled the trigger… (y)
I already received them today…and installed. That’s super fast, thanks @GoatFab !

A minor issue in that both sides are really tight against the pinch weld in the front. Passenger side was slightly tighter and rubbed the paint off the bottom of the pinch weld. I tried to adjust it out on both sides and give it some space, but I would have to take the rear bolts out, and then tighten the front. However, then I couldn’t get the rears back in. Then the slider wasn’t level too, so I left them tight and where they were. I don’t think they would fit if I had pinch weld covers…

I also didn’t see the upgraded bolts taped to a piece of cardboard in the box until after I installed with the tube step bolts. I also found included a cool koozie, just wish that and the bolts were taped on top rather than the bottom and underneath everything. I should have checked better, but again, instructions would be nice. So I’ll need to swap those bolts out another day…

Overall, and other than the minor issue, very high quality and look great! So much better than the tube steps. My 8 yr olds really have to hike a knee to use them as a step. Lol They can make it work though. The ground clearance is so much better.

Ford Bronco Rock Sliders by Goat Fabrication 37AD0CDB-A84D-495B-9DCF-3F906B23BECB
Ford Bronco Rock Sliders by Goat Fabrication 396EA2C0-4D11-439B-8AE5-0A6EDC1424F2
Ford Bronco Rock Sliders by Goat Fabrication 87236B3F-7EFF-4C1A-9ADB-41A2F5BE467E
Ford Bronco Rock Sliders by Goat Fabrication 70EDDE31-3A91-4592-B6E6-D8DB4322659E
Ford Bronco Rock Sliders by Goat Fabrication 5AD59724-E0D9-454D-8742-290E260C372F
Ford Bronco Rock Sliders by Goat Fabrication FA4497A8-2738-4C48-8D0B-C2CE4796BFA1
Ford Bronco Rock Sliders by Goat Fabrication BABC56E7-2210-4810-9449-4D5672E624AC

Last edited:

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I already received them today…and installed. That’s super fast, thanks @GoatFab !

A minor issue in that both sides are really tight against the pinch weld in the front. Passenger side was slightly tighter and rubbed the paint off the bottom of the pinch weld. I tried to adjust it out on both sides and give it some space, but I would have to take the rear bolts out, and then tighten the front. However, then I couldn’t get the rears back in. Then the slider wasn’t level too, so I left them tight and where they were. I don’t think they would fit if I had pinch weld covers…

I also didn’t see the upgraded bolts taped to a piece of cardboard in the box until after I installed with the tube step bolts. I also found included a cool koozie, just wish that and the bolts were taped on top rather than the bottom and underneath everything. I should have checked better, but again, instructions would be nice. So I’ll need to swap those bolts out another day…

Overall, and other than the minor issue, very high quality and look great! So much better than the tube steps. My 8 yr olds really have to hike a knee to use them as a step. Lol They can make it work though. The ground clearance is so much better.

37AD0CDB-A84D-495B-9DCF-3F906B23BECB.jpeg
396EA2C0-4D11-439B-8AE5-0A6EDC1424F2.jpeg
87236B3F-7EFF-4C1A-9ADB-41A2F5BE467E.jpeg
70EDDE31-3A91-4592-B6E6-D8DB4322659E.jpeg
5AD59724-E0D9-454D-8742-290E260C372F.jpeg
FA4497A8-2738-4C48-8D0B-C2CE4796BFA1.jpeg
BABC56E7-2210-4810-9449-4D5672E624AC.jpeg
After another look with rested eyes, it appears the issue on the front passenger side it due to Ford. The outer layer of sheet metal isn’t aligned as well and hangs ~2mm lower than the rest… I thought about sandwiching a washer between the bracket and body, but I’m not sure that would help given how the front bolts up and the bracket is angled slightly upward toward the slider.

Front mount:
Ford Bronco Rock Sliders by Goat Fabrication 75B8C60A-E5FA-4937-904E-FDE493060BBA

Rear mount:

Ford Bronco Rock Sliders by Goat Fabrication F07F2590-652C-494E-80A0-773900181E70

OP
OP
GoatFab

GoatFab

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
After another look with rested eyes, it appears the issue on the front passenger side it due to Ford. The outer layer of sheet metal isn’t aligned as well and hangs ~2mm lower than the rest… I thought about sandwiching a washer between the bracket and body, but I’m not sure that would help given how the front bolts up and the bracket is angled slightly upward toward the slider.

Front mount:
Ford Bronco Rock Sliders by Goat Fabrication F07F2590-652C-494E-80A0-773900181E70

Rear mount:

You should be able to loosen the bolt and readjust to accommodate for that. The holes are slotted on our brackets.

Thanks

Adam

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You should be able to loosen the bolt and readjust to accommodate for that. The holes are slotted on our brackets.

Thanks

Adam
Yes, but I tried for over an hour backing out all the other bolts several times and even removing the rear ones completely to get clearance. Then I couldn’t get the rears threaded again. The tolerances are very tight, at least on my Bronco, and not much adjustment once all the bolts are in.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine are scheduled to arrive this Wednesday :love: Big thanks to @Chritaka and @GoatFab for all their help and answering my countless questions.

Can't wait to get these installed! I am so excited, I removed my OEM rock rails over the weekend to prepare for this :)

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine are scheduled to arrive this Wednesday :love: Big thanks to @Chritaka and @GoatFab for all their help and answering my countless questions.

Can't wait to get these installed! I am so excited, I removed my OEM rock rails over the weekend to prepare for this :)
Wait you didn't have to pre order these 6+ months ago and then have the vendor ridicule you for asking for an ETA? That just doesn't seem right!!!

Sarcasm aside, great to see @GoatFab turning out a great product in a timely manner!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Name a better looking rock slider for the Bronco. I’ll wait.

Not only do they look perfect; these things are super beefy, have excellent build quality, and were a steal at 30% off. Thanks Adam and the @GoatFab team!
SRQ at half the price, larger area of protection and frame mounted. Sorry you had to wait.

OP
OP
GoatFab

GoatFab

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Actually since you brought it up, those SRQ cost $1,249.99. Not sure where you are getting half price you have to pay for powder coat and shipping. We include that and also throw in free pinch seam covers right now. We also offer frame mounted.

Thanks!

Adam

Duds

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

SRQ at half the price, larger area of protection and frame mounted. Sorry you had to wait.
I looked at them first, among others, and they ended up pricier powdercoated to the door. Not to mention lead time puts their arrival into early fall.

Thanks @GoatFab - 7 business days from order to shipment email, feel like I lucked out!

OP
OP
GoatFab

GoatFab

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just wanted to say thank you to all the customers who have been sending in pics of their GOAT Rock Sliders! We love seeing these installed and out in the wild!

Also - save 25% off right now on these and everything else we sell when you you use discount code SUMMER25 at checkout!

Ford Bronco Rock Sliders by Goat Fabrication 35E92645-CF74-4F7D-BE69-48418803A4D8
Ford Bronco Rock Sliders by Goat Fabrication image0.JPEG
Ford Bronco Rock Sliders by Goat Fabrication GloNDark_Chris_Bronco6G_001
Ford Bronco Rock Sliders by Goat Fabrication IMG_5448.JPG
Ford Bronco Rock Sliders by Goat Fabrication image000001.JPG
Ford Bronco Rock Sliders by Goat Fabrication image000002 2.JPG
Ford Bronco Rock Sliders by Goat Fabrication image000000 3.JPG
Ford Bronco Rock Sliders by Goat Fabrication image000002.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: