Sponsored

Rocking it without the spare tire (delete).

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m not sayin I’ll always be rockin the no-spare, as I obviously dig the look, but I will definitely enjoy changing things up from time to time in lots of ways.
If the flush-back look has been discussed on here, I apologize for not locating it in a quick search. I remember seeing the “juggernaut” leak and thinking, ima rock this thing clean on the back. I also Mtn Bike quite a bit; always keep a oneUp on my car. So I’ll opt for the 12” extension on the hitch package, but those things always rattle/tilt; if the bike rack (and bike with wide bars) fits with the spare in place, maybe I’ll keep it on, but I’m seeing this as a rig with no spare for me and I’m cool with that.
I’d LOVE to see a render of a any 2Door without it.
Anyone else in that boat?
Rock on 6G.
Sponsored

JGuske23

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not sayin I’ll always be rockin the no-spare, as I obviously dig the look, but I will definitely enjoy changing things up from time to time in lots of ways.
If the flush-back look has been discussed on here, I apologize for not locating it in a quick search. I remember seeing the “juggernaut” leak and thinking, ima rock this thing clean on the back. I also Mtn Bike quite a bit; always keep a oneUp on my car. So I’ll opt for the 12” extension on the hitch package, but those things always rattle/tilt; if the bike rack (and bike with wide bars) fits with the spare in place, maybe I’ll keep it on, but I’m seeing this as a rig with no spare for me and I’m cool with that.
I’d LOVE to see a render of a any 2Door without it.
Anyone else in that boat?
Rock on 6G.
What are you planning on doing about the back up camera? It's mounted to the pole that the spare rests on.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s going to look bad without the spare tire on the back in my opinion cause of the holder that sticks out the back it’s going to look like a dick sticking out the back with out the spare tire on the holder

OP
OP
Bdockins

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It’s going to look bad without the spare tire on the back in my opinion cause of the holder that sticks out the back it’s going to look like a dick sticking out the back with out the spare tire on the holder
Good point. Sure would love to see it. Mine’ll almost always have a bike rack folded up against the gate while I’m driving.

OP
OP
Bdockins

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What are you planning on doing about the back up camera? It's mounted to the pole that the spare rests on.
Yep.
The pole piece stays. Prolly gone look weird.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Rocking it without the spare tire (delete). 8FB67A76-3BBE-4F49-B4E4-DD9F63994149

Backup camera and third brake light are connected to the spare tire carrier.

OP
OP
Bdockins

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford Bronco Rocking it without the spare tire (delete). 8FB67A76-3BBE-4F49-B4E4-DD9F63994149

Backup camera and third brake light are connected to the spare tire carrier.
Thanks. So the camera is in the center on the tire mount? Looks like the light arm is a separate piece. Cool pic thanks.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks. So the camera is in the center on the tire mount? Looks like the light arm is a separate piece. Cool pic thanks.
Correct. Camera is in center. The light arm is separate and can be moved up and down to allow for different tire sizes.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That backup camera and brake light both being back there is unfortunate. For one thing, looks to seriously limit potential back end modifications. For example, doubt that phallic thing can support a 40" tire for those who plan to roll that size. I even have questions on supporting a 37" under heavy off road application. I know it can be changed out, but at what potential cost and difficulty?

To Fords defense, I have no viable solution, so I'm not heavily complaining, but I'd rather a bumper based carrier for swing out duty on a steel bumper rather than the tailgate.

Other issues is where am I going to put the trasheroo? Just don't see how it can hang over the tire at this point, so I'm hoping for some options.

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Certainly different opinions on the aesthetics of a spare tire cover, but this location of the backup camera would seem to prevent using a cover.

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Certainly different opinions on the aesthetics of a spare tire cover, but this location of the backup camera would seem to prevent using a cover.
This is how Jeeps manage it. I bet the Bronco could do the same.

Ford Bronco Rocking it without the spare tire (delete). Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 8.05.48 AM

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Spare tires are not fashion accessories.

Me, yesterday, after being crowded off the road by an oncoming truck which was straddling the double yellow on a narrow road. I was glad that on day 1 I added a full sized spare to my Nissan:

Ford Bronco Rocking it without the spare tire (delete). 1602080165734

Me, ~10 years ago just casually driving down a desert road at 50 MPH:

Ford Bronco Rocking it without the spare tire (delete). 1602080299679

I've had two other incidents in the past 10 years of sidewall damage where the tire was a total loss. Can't imagine taking the spare off my Bronco for any reason, fashionable or otherwise. Can't imagine having no spare unless the vehicle had no room for one, in which case I'd probably want run-flats. Besides, each wheel and tire will weigh every bit of 90 lbs or more for 35s, so I won't be "changing things up" any more often than necessary. Every 5,000 miles or so for tire rotations and that's plenty.

Suit yourself but to me the only question is tire cover or no tire cover (I prefer the naked spare), not spare tire vs. no spare tire.

Previously discussed here:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/spare-delete-backup-camera.3713/page-2#post-122577
Sponsored