First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Sasquatch 4 door 2.3l 10spd
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting… will have to model that out to see how it effects ad/as number as well as pinion sweep. As for another thing I noticed during the Moab trip, the Bronco never felt like the front end was unloading even on the steepest of climbs. Unlike my Jeeps where stock geometry has quite a bit of squat (front end lift).
Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Interesting… will have to model that out to see how it effects ad/as number as well as pinion sweep. As for another thing I noticed during the Moab trip, the Bronco never felt like the front end was unloading even on the steepest of climbs. Unlike my Jeeps where stock geometry has quite a bit of squat (front end lift).
Pretty simple in my mind I want the rear driveline the SAME length as the lower control arm. AND the frame side mount as close as possible to the centerline of the front rappzela joint....then they travel in the same arc together.

In the front, are you saying while climbing hills the front suspension is near max front droop? and does not compress correctly (or as desired) over obstacles while in a climb? I have a solution in the works for this exact issue that happens on nearly ALL IFS rigs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cjindna

cjindna

Base
First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
In the front, are you saying while climbing hills the front suspension is near max front droop? and does not compress correctly (or as desired) over obstacles while in a climb? I have a solution in the works for this exact issue that happens on nearly ALL IFS rigs.
So I’ll caveat my response with, this is the first IFS vehicle I have ever wheeled. 30 years wheeling Jeeps of every kind.

I felt as though the Bronco front sus stayed near neutral or in the mid range of travel on steep climbs. As throttle was applied the vehicle stayed very flat and even in instances where there was a ledge or bump midway up the incline it felt like the front end had plenty of travel to bump over.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like rock jock now offers aluminum rear control arms, panhard bar and a panhard relocation bracket. The rocknuts on their aluminum arms look pretty trick. I like that the arms are machined for wrench flats for easy adjusting. Most of the adjustable options I have seen they've overlooked that.

https://www.rockjock4x4.com/products/shop-by-vehicle/ford-bronco

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here are a couple of pics from the install…

DD8BC624-F6C9-44F5-BE13-35D3A4AF2BCF.jpeg

37487C15-D17F-4325-B799-CA6D01E7E1E7.jpeg
Sorry for resurrecting this old post, but I have a question about the orientation of the control arms. I just ordered the aluminum version and noticed that your install has the zerks pointing down. Is there any concern with a rock taking those out?

Also, maybe a dumb question, but what determines whether the arm length needs to be adjusted? How do you know the proper length? Thanks

Sponsored
OP
OP
cjindna

cjindna

Base
First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
No concerns for me with the zerk fittings down for accessibility. In a number of years wheeling Jeeps and now this Bronco with similar positioning I have only knocked off one which was a simple repair.

As for setting length, a simple method is to use the stock ca’s. Stick a bolt through both ends and adjust the new ca’s until they match. This will give you the correct starting point and then you can adjust uppers for pinion angle needs on the vehicle.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No concerns for me with the zerk fittings down for accessibility. In a number of years wheeling Jeeps and now this Bronco with similar positioning I have only knocked off one which was a simple repair.

As for setting length, a simple method is to use the stock ca’s. Stick a bolt through both ends and adjust the new ca’s until they match. This will give you the correct starting point and then you can adjust uppers for pinion angle needs on the vehicle.
Got it - thank you sir! The lowers just center the axle in the wheel well. The upers adjust pinion angle. Is the optimum pinion to drive shaft angle zero on these Broncos? Or is a few degrees desirable like on a leaf sprung vehicle?

My plan for installation is:
- remove track bar​
- set lower links equal to factory; adjust if needed to center axle​
- install one upper CA; adjust pinion angle as needed​
- install track bar; adjust length as needed to center side to side​
- recheck pinion angle and install the other upper CA.​

Sound good?

OP
OP
cjindna

cjindna

Base