BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like them. It looks like a little more protection from door dings as well.
What do you do if you have the doors off and you accidentally hit the button?
Do the steps deploy? I assume so. How do you get them back up if the doors are miles away?
The Jeep set ups have a button you can mount (most mount on the inside a pillar trim or back of door sill) and use to raise/lower the steps while the doors are off. Interesting that he didn't cover that info in the video. I wouldn't imagine these being any different.

As another poster said, these have been around a while for Jeeps and have been well thought out and designed to take some abuse.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Couldn't tell from video if frame or body mounted. I saw them taking what looked like the body mounts off the frame but then it also looked like they might be using the body as a mount too. But that wouldn't work so I'm going with frame mounted.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Couldn't tell from video if frame or body mounted. I saw them taking what looked like the body mounts off the frame but then it also looked like they might be using the body as a mount too. But that wouldn't work so I'm going with frame mounted.
Brackets bolts to frame

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really wish they would go the OBD-II port route instead of the sensors. However I can live with them. Itā€™ll be out of sight out of mind after a while.

Only thing I donā€™t understand is why thereā€™s such a huge gap between the end of the front fender and the rails? Seems like theyā€™re missing an end cap

These are a GREAT product. But thereā€™s a few things that have me on the fence right now. I agree with the other poster about the branding. Iā€™d have to remove it or try to get them made custom without it lol

Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I like them. It looks like a little more protection from door dings as well.
What do you do if you have the doors off and you accidentally hit the button?
Do the steps deploy? I assume so. How do you get them back up if the doors are miles away?
When I looked these up there was an optional "doors off" harness and button.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm just waiting for aftermarket to sell some add on steps for the factory BL sliders like I've seen on some concepts.
I love these sliders, but because of my gripes, I think Iā€™d prefer the Sema steps as well. If they address the shortcomings I wouldnā€™t mind shelling out $2k for these

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just ordered mine for my Bronco (and yes I plan on lifting it ) I have them on my Jeep TJ and they are awesome, They look Great, functional to protect body and most important no rock chips on the side of your Bronco or door handles!

In the video they have aftermarket fender flares they are made to line up with the stock flares to cut down on rocks and dirt going up the side of your Bronco.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tom where did you order them from and by order is it a pre-order as he mentions in the video? Did you order them from somewhere like 4 Wheel Parts or something? Thanks

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tom where did you order them from and by order is it a pre-order as he mentions in the video? Did you order them from somewhere like 4 Wheel Parts or something? Thanks
ordered them from Tc customs in the video there is a link , on the Rockslide engineering website there is no way to order yet.

Last edited:

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ordered them from Tc customs in the video there is a link , on the Rockslide engineering website there is no way to order yet.
Just spoke with Colton and purchased them. Man that is a big purchase on the if/come they actually build my vehicle next year. Makes it feel more real I guess. If they decide never to build my vehicle I will have a nice set of Rock Step Sliders for sale on the cheap in case y'all are interested :ROFLMAO:

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just spoke with Colton and purchased them. Man that is a big purchase on the if/come they actually build my vehicle next year. Makes it feel more real I guess. If they decide never to build my vehicle I will have a nice set of Rock Step Sliders for sale on the cheap in case y'all are interested :ROFLMAO:
Mine is a late order, so who knows when I'll get it. Hopefully these will be readily available by the time I get the Bronco.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am surprised he did not talk about the optional armor and doors off button kit to manually deploy / raise. Those items are listed on Rockslides site for the Jeep version and I assume will be available for the Bronco models too. Interesting they do not appear to come with the manual button from the get go...I mean if you want a step with the doors on why would you not want a step without the doors? I guess it is nice they offer optionality...

I will definitely be getting these.
Sponsored