First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 TD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Couldn't tell from video if frame or body mounted. I saw them taking what looked like the body mounts off the frame but then it also looked like they might be using the body as a mount too. But that wouldn't work so I'm going with frame mounted.
Go to tc customs on you tube for detailed video. This is an amazing product
Sponsored

Ilmguy1234

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great product thx for sharing.

Side note: I've been watching his videos since they started. Do you think they have a running joke about him saying he's 6'3" in every video or does he think people care that much??

Cheers.

Bjj101

Outer Banks
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX, 2020 Lexus RX450
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Geez! Will they stop making things that I want! My wife is gonna eventually kill me............. Hell she doesn't even know how much I've spent so far :p:oops::eek:

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just received an e-mail from Rock Slide Engineering and they confirmed that they plan to start production on the steps in the first part of November. They also confirmed they will have the same options available for the Bronco as they currently do the jeep such as the door delete button and wire harness as well as the skid plates/armor.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just received an e-mail from Rock Slide Engineering and they confirmed that they plan to start production on the steps in the first part of November. They also confirmed they will have the same options available for the Bronco as they currently do the jeep such as the door delete button and wire harness as well as the skid plates/armor.
I find it interesting that they also sell additional protection for the sliders. It makes me think they aren't really all that tough by themselves. Probably better than just cosmetic, but not as serious as something like the Fun Haver prototypes.

Sponsored

Stilbukn

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco, '13 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I find it interesting that they also sell additional protection for the sliders. It makes me think they aren't really all that tough by themselves. Probably better than just cosmetic, but not as serious as something like the Fun Haver prototypes.
From what I can tell, their demo video with the Jeep group rock crawling, shows those guys all had the additional skid plate. Plus they suggest getting the skid plate before hitting the trail. I’d be scared to spend that much and not add the extra plate. I’d love see someone who only has the base slider do some real bashing to see what they hold up to.
Has Mitch Watts at TC Customs bellied over any rocks in his rig yet? If not maybe someone can talk him into a quick demo. He definitely seems to be using his the way it was meant to be.

Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can anyone tell me whether the "textured powder coat" on these would accept PPF? The coating looks smooth from the pics, but I can't tell for sure.

I would like to protect the bottom of these from rock chips as I live in the salty north, and vinyl seems like it would be the easiest solution.

Jebster

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

installed mine This week and they are very nice!

2021 Bronco - YouTube
How difficult was it for you to do the install? Curious about how difficult it was to run the wiring through the interior. And did you use an aux switch for the override or the supplied switch?

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How difficult was it for you to do the install? Curious about how difficult it was to run the wiring through the interior. And did you use an aux switch for the override or the supplied switch?
The wiring is a piece of cake, the interior trim panels pop-off easy and you can fish it thru with a stiff wire between the doors and up under the dash and yes there is a bracket for the supplied switch (you want to use the supplied switch so it is on all the time the aux switches are only on when key is on) as far as the step sliders themselves you will need help or a jack to hold them up till you get the bolts started ( I have a lift in my garage and used a transmission jack to line them up) but they are really not that heavy and with and extra hand or two it shouldn't be a problem.
All the hardware comes with the set and the whole experience from the packaging, shipping, materials, wiring, hardware and the instructions is all first Class, and the end result is awesome the fitment and the operation of the steps are perfect.

Jebster

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wiring is a piece of cake, the interior trim panels pop-off easy and you can fish it thru with a stiff wire between the doors and up under the dash and yes there is a bracket for the supplied switch (you want to use the supplied switch so it is on all the time the aux switches are only on when key is on) as far as the step sliders themselves you will need help or a jack to hold them up till you get the bolts started ( I have a lift in my garage and used a transmission jack to line them up) but they are really not that heavy and with and extra hand or two it shouldn't be a problem.
All the hardware comes with the set and the whole experience from the packaging, shipping, materials, wiring, hardware and the instructions is all first Class, and the end result is awesome the fitment and the operation of the steps are perfect.
Sweet. I'm glad to hear the install wasn't too bad. And good point about the aux switches.

By the way, what mudflaps do you have? That is definitely on my list and I'm glad they work with these slider steps. I have a BL SAS on order and knew I wasn't going to keep the stock sliders so I didn't want to get mudflaps that are cut out around them.
Sponsored