First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond Two Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi all. My unit didn’t have the roof insulation so I ordered the kit plus installation which my dealer did. I keep reading about folks who’s roofs came w the kit installed at no charge. Any insight into this as it wasn’t cheap and nothing sure why for some it’s “free”.

Thank You.
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all. My unit didn’t have the roof insulation so I ordered the kit plus installation which my dealer did. I keep reading about folks who’s roofs came w the kit installed at no charge. Any insight into this as it wasn’t cheap and nothing sure why for some it’s “free”.

Thank You.
You have to order it on your build. If you have MGV it should have been put on automatically.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For FE, If you originally had the painted top option that came with the headliner or the dual top option, when they changed to the MIC, they added it to yours for free. This is from the email on March 25, 2021 that I received on it:

Ford Bronco Roof Insulation : pay for or comped? 1634685429024

Not sure how that applies to other trims, but it sounds like a top change triggered it for most who got it free.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank You.
You have to order it on your build. If you have MGV it should have been put on automatically.
All get it for free. You have to opt in on Badlands/Black Diamond. Automatic on all other trims.

Ford Bronco Roof Insulation : pay for or comped? CC53C93F-23BF-468D-9C69-0F27BF3B2DD1

Sponsored

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It came on everything else automatically. But if you have MGV with the wash out interior, then you have to actually ask for it to be added to you order. Ford didn't automatically add it to Bronco's with wash out interiors, as some owners may not want it in order to keep with the simple washout plan.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On my BASE, I had to add it. It ended as zero cost, but it did have to be added.
Not saying you're wrong but it should have been non optional standard equipment.

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not saying you're wrong but it should have been non optional standard equipment.
Some don't want it, much easier to clean mud and dust from a bare hardtop than one with sound deadening.

I had it added, kinda disappointed with it
Sponsored