Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4EV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is anyone providing a solution for mounting solar panels on the roof? Perhaps using the hard top "accessory ready" mounting points on the back panel? Something you could leave connected while driving on the freeway or off road?

It would need a way to keep the wind from pulling it off on the freeway as well as have cushioning for the panels themselves on rough off road trails.

Or has anyone done anything DIY? I just read a bunch of threads on batteries and solar but it seems either people are temporarily setting up their solar at camp or are just assuming that when they get around to it, mounting their panels will be easy. Doesn't seem that easy to me.
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is anyone providing a solution for mounting solar panels on the roof? Perhaps using the hard top "accessory ready" mounting points on the back panel? Something you could leave connected while driving on the freeway or off road?

It would need a way to keep the wind from pulling it off on the freeway as well as have cushioning for the panels themselves on rough off road trails.

Or has anyone done anything DIY? I just read a bunch of threads on batteries and solar but it seems either people are temporarily setting up their solar at camp or are just assuming that when they get around to it, mounting their panels will be easy. Doesn't seem that easy to me.
I'm using the brackets for my awning (I attached the awning directly to the side rail) to use as a 50w panel mount...
For use only when parked, obviously 😂
Ford Bronco Roof mount for solar panels 20220602_113924
Ford Bronco Roof mount for solar panels 20220602_113915
Ford Bronco Roof mount for solar panels 20220602_113936