Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You'd still say the vehicle comes with "Bilsteins" though, right? Is that "Ford" oil you're buying when you get your car serviced?

The point is, if it's branded by a different company, convention is to refer to the product under that brand's name, even if they are offered as a component from the factory.

If the 3rd party supplier manufactures the parts, but applies the Ford logo, and they are sold as a Ford branded part, then convention is to refer to them as a Ford part.

At this point I'm really just having some fun because you are doubling down on calling it the "Ford tent" when obviously it's not a Ford tent... even though Ford will sell it to you with FordPass points at a markup.

;)
You say "double down", I say challenging your conventions!

Another example would be motorcraft batteries. Does ford own the factory in china that builds those? Nope. But they have a deal with that company and sell those batteries, just like all those other parts you listed.

The only real difference as you mention, is the logo... which if we're both being honest means nothing. Whether it's got a ford logo or a Blistein logo on it... the reality is both are probably built in factories not owned by ford... but they're both officially approved bronco parts, as opposed to non-ford approved aftermarket parts, which is a nice differentiation to have.

And for those reasons, I'll keep referring to them as official ford parts/accessories :)
Sponsored

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands