Sponsored

ROOF RACK (aka Roof Rails and Xbars)???? IF NOT ORDERED FROM FORD AT PURCHASE????ARE YOU S.O.L.?

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, I just saw a video of a guy who ordered a 2 door Badlands. He for some reason, thought (like any normal person) that he could order the Roof Rack (base) at some other time down the road after he purchased his Bronco.

Much to his surprise.... HIs Ford dealer/accessories would not sell him a ROOF RACK(base).... and on the 2022 I discovered the accessories in general are not listed in the B & P. However you can order the Base roof rack under Exterior Options (check off boxes) for $365.00.

Ford Bronco ROOF RACK (aka Roof Rails and Xbars)???? IF NOT ORDERED FROM FORD AT PURCHASE????ARE YOU S.O.L.? Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 11.35.58 AM

So......

if you don't check the "Add" box and shell out the $365.00 bucks for the ROOF RAIL X-BARS rack (base) on your order, you can NOT purchase it after the fact (at this current time).

I too was under the impression I could purchase this after the fact. Looking into this issue others on this forum have found part numbers and such for buying parts from Ford.... however someone mentioned if you did the rack would be around $1,800.00, (OUCH)

Is there any informed people out there who can share the secret to this Roof Rack dilemma????

Inquiring minds???
Sponsored

Last edited:

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OK, I just saw a video of a guy who ordered a 2 door Badlands. He for some reason, thought (like any normal person) that he could order the Roof Rack (base) at some other time down the road after he purchase his Bronco.

Much to his surprise.... HIs Ford dealer/accesorries would not sell him a ROOF RACK(base).... and on the 2022 I discovered the accessories are not listed in the B & P.

So......
Ford Bronco ROOF RACK (aka Roof Rails and Xbars)???? IF NOT ORDERED FROM FORD AT PURCHASE????ARE YOU S.O.L.? Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 11.35.58 AM
if you don't shell out the $365.00 bucks for the ROOF RAIL XBARS rack (base) on your Original order, you can NOT purchase it after the fact (at this current time).

I too was under the impression I could purchase this after the fact. Looking into this issue others on this forum have found part numbers and such for buy parts from Ford.... however someone mentioned if you did the rack would be around $1,800.00, (OUCH)

Is there any informed people out there who can share the secret to this Roof Rack dilema????

Inquiring minds???
Looks like it. Fingers crossed. IN the Ford accessories there is one (not available yet) that just goes across the "topper" section in back. Exactly what this camper wants. Might be a Yakima product, at least the storage rack is. This one has two rails that go sideways like the rear cross bar on the factory one. Hopefully this will be a thing. Yakima makes clamp on rails for a lot of vehicles so hoping it's just something else to wait for BTSD never goes away anyways.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If it’s a constraint, I’m not surprised you can’t get them after the fact. Once supplies loosen up, I’m sure we will be able to get them. If not, I’m sure aftermarket will be better anyway.

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I posted the links to obtains the rails for 2 and 4 door broncos. Yesterday, it will cost ya about 2k though but can be found on

https://www.oemfordpartscheap.com

OP
OP
Lake Tahoe Traveler

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted the links to obtains the rails for 2 and 4 door broncos. Yesterday, it will cost ya about 2k though but can be found on

https://www.oemfordpartscheap.com
So the $365.00 order price sounds like a bargain.
However, if you do order this item are you going down the constraint rabbit hole? Or, is this just shipped to the dealer whenever they get them.

On a side note, I have seen Broncos at MAP with these installed.

What to do???:unsure:

Sponsored

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

However, if you do order this item are you going down the constraint rabbit hole? Or, is this just shipped to the dealer whenever they get them.

if you ordered bronco with SAS it will not come will roof rails. its a GVRW / weight issue with height.

SO I would order SAS and then add on rails.

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ordered them with my 2 door, haven’t heard that they are a constant though.
I figured I’m going to need them being it’s a 2 door.
My biggest concern now, is how the edge of the roof panel is going to hold up where it attaches at the rear.
Anyone notice anything?

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

4 Dr BD with MIC, tow, and roof rails here. Scheduled for build week of 1/3.

They might be an additional constraint causing a delay on your specific build.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you ordered bronco with SAS it will not come will roof rails. its a GVRW / weight issue with height.

SO I would order SAS and then add on rails.
Maybe the reason the rails aren't available thru accessories is because Ford doesn't want us schmucks doing this 👆👆
Lol

OP
OP
Lake Tahoe Traveler

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So far, on the Ford Bronco 2022 B & P, you can order a Badlands, with: SASQ, and a base roof rack, and a 2.7, and a 10sp., and floor liners, and cargo mat, and tow package, and mesh bimini, ... on not hit the GROSS Vehicle weight land mine.

So Far????... next time I try I'll probably be S.O.L.

My gut tells me after they unload the 100 or so container ships parked outside Long Beach the problem will be solved.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lake Tahoe Traveler

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 Dr BD with MIC, tow, and roof rails here. Scheduled for build week of 1/3.

They might be an additional constraint causing a delay on your specific build.
Roof Racks on 4 door MIC top Broncos have thus far never existed!!!!

From the video

Ford Bronco ROOF RACK (aka Roof Rails and Xbars)???? IF NOT ORDERED FROM FORD AT PURCHASE????ARE YOU S.O.L.? Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 12.45.04 PM
Esteban showed us a preproduction 2022 Wildtrak with the newly obtained Roof Rack Base on the 2022 4 door.

Your build could indeed be a break thru for Ford resolving the 4 door roof rack situation.
Kudos to you for getting one of the first ones!!!!

That's GREAT!!!!

P>S> dont you just love the new Wildtrak with the non painted door handles and the non black beauty rings???? Looks like a step backwards for the Wildtrak

Last edited:

11clayton

Black Diamond
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

OK, I just saw a video of a guy who ordered a 2 door Badlands. He for some reason, thought (like any normal person) that he could order the Roof Rack (base) at some other time down the road after he purchased his Bronco.

Much to his surprise.... HIs Ford dealer/accessories would not sell him a ROOF RACK(base).... and on the 2022 I discovered the accessories in general are not listed in the B & P. However you can order the Base roof rack under Exterior Options (check off boxes) for $365.00.

Ford Bronco ROOF RACK (aka Roof Rails and Xbars)???? IF NOT ORDERED FROM FORD AT PURCHASE????ARE YOU S.O.L.? Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 12.45.04 PM

So......

if you don't check the "Add" box and shell out the $365.00 bucks for the ROOF RAIL X-BARS rack (base) on your order, you can NOT purchase it after the fact (at this current time).

I too was under the impression I could purchase this after the fact. Looking into this issue others on this forum have found part numbers and such for buying parts from Ford.... however someone mentioned if you did the rack would be around $1,800.00, (OUCH)

Is there any informed people out there who can share the secret to this Roof Rack dilemma????

Inquiring minds???
Just called my dealer today about this. They said you can't order it yet but when it's available they would charge me $750 w/tax for the entire kit in the picture above

OP
OP
Lake Tahoe Traveler

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just called my dealer today about this. They said you can't order it yet but when it's available they would charge me $750 w/tax for the entire kit in the picture above
Great News…!!!!!