Sponsored

Roof rack and compatibility / weight ratings for a roof-top tent?

SVT_GRL

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 SVT Cobra, 2013 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had one on my WRX, abd they show a few in the promos! I’m sure there won’t be a problem. Good luck.
Sponsored

AKaye

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Corvette Grand Sport, 2005 Ford Focus SES
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Id definitely be in for a Factory rack option just for kayaks or storage container. Aftermarket roof rack systems tend to be an eyesore to me most of the time. I wonder how it would work with the soft-top.

<BlckDiamond>

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
. . . . . . . . . IG #MrSterX5 and #Mk5Cady
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As mentioned, it’s just a matter of time before the aftermarket solves all these problems.
Here’s the rack I have on my JKU.
J104948?obj=car&wid=1200&hei=900&sharpen=1.jpg

Kargo Master Congo Pro. Bypasses the top altogether. Good for 850lbs.
That said, the Mrs and I come in under 300lbs combined, so.....
This should suffice your off ground tenting needs for the meantime till aftermarket overload :)

Has a trailer version too... https://hitchhotel.com/

Last edited:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Valhalla_Overland

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
OP
OP
Valhalla_Overland

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Id definitely be in for a Factory rack option just for kayaks or storage container. Aftermarket roof rack systems tend to be an eyesore to me most of the time. I wonder how it would work with the soft-top.
Agreed, I’m really leaning toward getting an off-road trailer to hold the RTT and some gear. I’ve been eyeing the CVT Trailer. Anyone have any suggestions?

qwertisk

Base
First Name
qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

sorry for a dumb question but I’ve never had a roof rack. Are roof racks easily removable or if I put a roof rack on my bronco, can I still take the top off the bronco or how does that work?

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed, I’m really leaning toward getting an off-road trailer to hold the RTT and some gear. I’ve been eyeing the CVT Trailer. Anyone have any suggestions?
Same here. I've already talked to our best welder here at work. I just need to draw up the trailer I want. We can order materials pretty cheap thru here as well. I think I'd rather have the option to park the trailer when I'm not out and about than to carry the RTT all the time or have to load and unload it.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same here. I've already talked to our best welder here at work. I just need to draw up the trailer I want. We can order materials pretty cheap thru here as well. I think I'd rather have the option to park the trailer when I'm not out and about than to carry the RTT all the time or have to load and unload it.
Yep either build your own trailer raw or modify an existing one or use a harbor freight one for a base to build off of.

Father Time

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
110 pounds dynamic load??? That’s horrible!! Most rooftop tents weigh at least 130-150 pounds.... I definitely hope there’s a way to secure this to the sport cage! What would be really cool is if you were able to keep the roof on while taking the doors and rear side panels off... I definitely don’t want the weight of a full bar cage around the sport cage, would be way too much and look funky. ??? (No offense to anyone else‘s set up but I’m definitely a minimalist).

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have no idea about rooftop tents, always Moto Tent camped and wasn’t one to spend a couple bills for a tent. I am however thinking of doing a rooftop tent for either a Jeep or Bronco, I’m just gathering info at this point. I wasn’t sure how this 450lbs weight limit was compared to others, seems low but I have no reference.

A friend is all about the CVT tents but I’m not sure who makes a good roof tent and what they generally weigh. How easy are these things to take off or do people just leave them on?

OP
OP
Valhalla_Overland

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have no idea about rooftop tents, always Moto Tent camped and wasn’t one to spend a couple bills for a tent. I am however thinking of doing a rooftop tent for either a Jeep or Bronco, I’m just gathering info at this point. I wasn’t sure how this 450lbs weight limit was compared to others, seems low but I have no reference.

A friend is all about the CVT tents but I’m not sure who makes a good roof tent and what they generally weigh. How easy are these things to take off or do people just leave them on?
I have the Roam Vagabond V4 and it’s a great tent. CVT is very similar, but a bit more pricey. I’m looking into the CVT Trailer because I think I’d just prefer to not have a tent on the Bronco. My current tent stays on the Taco 24/7.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so does the 110lbs spec include the rack?

if not, little chance of even a lightweight rtt for dynamic weight
Sponsored