Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Answer to your question is no, there is no evidence that the factory roof rails will be available in the near future as anything other than a pre-installed option.

The situation could be similar to MIC tops... eventually they could be sold separately but right now Ford is still trying to crank out enough to meet new production.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct me if I’m wrong but the 2022 ordering guide is for ordering cars, not a la carts parts and accessories for 2021 Broncos -per the original question.
So this is mega confusing, but I'll attempt to explain.

There are several types of accessories/options that Ford has:
  1. Equipment packages. These are the Mid, High, Lux, etc. packages that are only available from the factory.
  2. Free standing options & packages. These are only available from the factory, and include the Sasquatch package, engine block heater, etc.
  3. Factory-installed accessories. These are installed at the factory and are often only available when you order the vehicle. For the Bronco this includes the heavy-duty bumper, brush guard, etc.
  4. Dealer-installed accessories. These are factory invoiced (ie. you buy them when you buy the vehicle), but they are installed by the dealer instead of the factory. These include the tailgate table, the tube doors, etc.
  5. Ford accessories. These accessories are not available from the factory and can only be ordered by your dealer's parts department or directly from Ford via https://accessories.ford.com.
Sometimes certain accessories are only available from the factory and have to be ordered when you order the vehicle. Sometimes certain accessories are only available from dealer's part department. Sometimes it is available in both, just depends. The order guide will list options 1-4... basically everything that has to be ordered from the factory.

The factory roof rails happen to be one of those options that are currently only available from the factory (they're in category 3). They cannot be bought separately... yet. To @phocion point... it is probably because they are still desperately trying to get enough components to build the massive backlog of Bronco orders they have. And I'm fairly certainly Yakima or Thule will come out with an aftermarket option well before you can actually buy one from Ford themselves.

OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So this is mega confusing, but I'll attempt to explain.

There are several types of accessories/options that Ford has:
  1. Equipment packages. These are the Mid, High, Lux, etc. packages that are only available from the factory.
  2. Free standing options & packages. These are only available from the factory, and include the Sasquatch package, engine block heater, etc.
  3. Factory-installed accessories. These are installed at the factory and are often only available when you order the vehicle. For the Bronco this includes the heavy-duty bumper, brush guard, etc.
  4. Dealer-installed accessories. These are factory invoiced (ie. you buy them when you buy the vehicle), but they are installed by the dealer instead of the factory. These include the tailgate table, the tube doors, etc.
  5. Ford accessories. These accessories are not available from the factory and can only be ordered by your dealer's parts department or directly from Ford via https://accessories.ford.com.
Sometimes certain accessories are only available from the factory and have to be ordered when you order the vehicle. Sometimes certain accessories are only available from dealer's part department. Sometimes it is available in both, just depends. The order guide will list options 1-4... basically everything that has to be ordered from the factory.

The factory roof rails happen to be one of those options that are currently only available from the factory (they're in category 3). They cannot be bought separately... yet. To @phocion point... it is probably because they are still desperately trying to get enough components to build the massive backlog of Bronco orders they have. And I'm fairly certainly Yakima or Thule will come out with an aftermarket option well before you can actually buy one from Ford themselves.
This. And this is what I’ve been trying to highlight which is the issue around the current fact that most of 2021 Broncos have no rack and now way to get one to hold the hundreds of attachments for skis, bikes, kayaks, roof top boxes, etc etc. seems like a huge oversight! I’ll be perfectly happy if the aftermarket beats Ford to a solution but I hope it comes quick.

OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, it's basically the B&P on paper.
Yeah so again… useless to me if I just want to buy a rack and already have a Bronco

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah so again… useless to me if I just want to buy a rack and already have a Bronco
Correct. You'll have to either order one from your local Bronco dealer from their parts department if you can or try aftermarket.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SkyKing

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Correct. You'll have to either order one from your local Bronco dealer from their parts department if you can or try aftermarket.
I spoke to my dealer. No way to buy the rack through them so far. And if it is limited to part by part - the roof rails and cross bars would be 4X the cost of the whole thing offered as a kit or accessory. I guess we can just wait and see. Meanwhile Yakima and Thule are missing out on a lot of potential revenue from Bronco accessories that nobody can attach to their cars.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You will have to drill some holes ,a yakima setup would work great and be about 300.00.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It might not be ideal but don't they make universal fitting mounts that clip behind the rain gutter?
Sponsored