62chad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 4wp concept had a bracket for a soft top roof rack, but that hasn't happened. Anybody know of anything that's available yet?
Seems like a good opportunity since 90% of broncos will have soft tops for the next year or so.
Sponsored

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Could you even fold down a soft top if it had a roof rack? Wouldn’t it defeat the whole purpose of having a soft top (ie folding down and up quickly and easily)?

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is not at the top of my list but I think that the rack would need to be wider than the soft top. I think that the Bestop would be the best pairing since it flips back an not all the way down. It may need some kind of removable middle support bars or it would be a bit of a stretch. I could be way off since I am not familiar with the Jeep solutions that may exist.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could you even fold down a soft top if it had a roof rack? Wouldn’t it defeat the whole purpose of having a soft top (ie folding down and up quickly and easily)?
Several exo-style racks will accommodate folding a soft top by having the rack either tilting back or sliding to the side.

Sponsored
OP
OP
62chad

62chad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Several exo-style racks will accommodate folding a soft top by having the rack either tilting back or sliding to the side.
That'd be awesome. Want to have the option for a rooftop tent or roadshower in the future.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That'd be awesome. Want to have the option for a rooftop tent or roadshower in the future.
The problem is you can't really tilt back the rack with stuff on it. So you'll have to decide whether you want the top up or down before you load it. But you can always take the windows out.

I'm not sure if LoD, the company that makes the sliding rack has plans for the Bronco. But that one you could keep loaded.

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The accessory ready mounts at the top of the windshield for an LED light bar.... Is there a single rack or bar that can mount to there? Is it even strong enough?

I'm think that could be the front rack and then get one of those hitch mounted racks that go straight up and have a bar at the top for the rear.

I'm trying to figure out something for my canoe and kayak with the soft top. I know about the Exposed Racks and they're great but not so much for multi day trip where there might be rain and I need to close the top.

Deleted member 29026

The accessory ready mounts at the top of the windshield for an LED light bar.... Is there a single rack or bar that can mount to there? Is it even strong enough?

I'm think that could be the front rack and then get one of those hitch mounted racks that go straight up and have a bar at the top for the rear.

I'm trying to figure out something for my canoe and kayak with the soft top. I know about the Exposed Racks and they're great but not so much for multi day trip where there might be rain and I need to close the top.
I'm planning on getting this unless an exo skeleton rack comes out first: https://www.hitchmount-rack.com/

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm planning on getting this unless an exo skeleton rack comes out first: https://www.hitchmount-rack.com/
That's basically what I want to do but my canoe is 16 feet long. I think it's a bit too long for just that so I'm looking for something to go in front and support it there and then use the front fender attachment points for tie downs.

Deleted member 29026

That's basically what I want to do but my canoe is 16 feet long. I think it's a bit too long for just that so I'm looking for something to go in front and support it there and then use the front fender attachment points for tie downs.
My plan is for 13ft kayak and I agree, 16 is probably pushing it. I want something upfront to go with it too, but haven't found anything.

This guy has nice things to say about the hitchrack for his 2 door wrangler: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/the-hitch-mount-rack-1-5-year-review.39674/

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an idea to fabricate something but I need a friend to help me.

I'm also unsure of the weight capacity of just using the top of the windshield attachment points by themselves. The Ford roof rack isn't super strong and that's with front and rear points. My idea is to fabricate a cross bar with some kind of support that comes down along the A pillar and attaches to the points by the mirrors.

As a plus, once the crossbar is installed it can double as a mounting point for some led lights hopefully.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just saw this on FB. While kinda fugly - it seems to check the boxes. Especially if that front crossbar is movable/removable. Some dealer in SoCal. Hoping for more info. The challenge is building a rack that the cargo can still lift too…

Ford Bronco Roof Rack for Soft Top?? 5812DE8B-0C9F-4140-B054-D128969F4E32

dsco

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just saw this on FB. While kinda fugly - it seems to check the boxes. Especially if that front crossbar is movable/removable. Some dealer in SoCal. Hoping for more info. The challenge is building a rack that the cargo can still lift too…

5812DE8B-0C9F-4140-B054-D128969F4E32.jpeg
heinous, do better.

does anyone know whether the SMS Exposed Racks will support a tent? probably no...
Sponsored