First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am getting the BL with V6 so can't get the roof rack options. I was starting to look at other options and ran into a new ARB Base Roof Rack. I like the idea of the dovetail rail around the perimeter and on each rail. The options are almost endless with this set up.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen any different Roof Rack ideas? If I am going to spend the money on a roof rack why not get something that is trying to change the game. Any other ideas?
Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like the rack from Yakima. Basic.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can still order the roof rack - just not on the B&P. The dealership will still place an order. I ordered the Wildtrak and - separately - ordered the roofrack/crossbards and the kayak carrier. No issues. Same as the canvas bimini and rear mounted ski rack . . . dealership order.

OP
OP
Nellman

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like the rack from Yakima. Basic.
I can't find a great image of the one actually on the Bronco but it looks like a standard roof rack with T rails in the top of the racks. The ARB is all side rails for mounting and allows for adjusting anywhere not just where the T rail has drop in points. For me the side aspect is really nice as it has more options without taking up space for things to sit. Light bars or pods also have the ability to have wires run through the bars for a cleaner look and no need to run multiple wire access points

OP
OP
Nellman

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can still order the roof rack - just not on the B&P. The dealership will still place an order. I ordered the Wildtrak and - separately - ordered the roofrack/crossbards and the kayak carrier. No issues. Same as the canvas bimini and rear mounted ski rack . . . dealership order.
That is the reason for this thread is to explore other options since I can't order it as part of the vehicle. Any part of the Bronco can be purchased through the dealer. If you buy a base Bronco and want the WT emblem you can order that as well through your Ford Dealer.

I am specifically looking for other options since I can't order it from the factory with that option.

Sponsored

bpurtz

First Edition
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Rubi, Sierra Denali, Taco TRD Pro, 4Run LTD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hmmm - did you order as a factory installed accessory or as a dealer installed accessory? Can you provide the part number for the roof rack?

VehiChase

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Ford Bronco (bought 99), 14 Xterra, 89 Daytona
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Appreciate this feedback. I take my family to kayak and would need those roof racks from day one ( especially after selling my Xterra ). We are in the same boat with the size of our Broncos. I will call them up today to see if I can add this separately. Thanks!

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hmmm - did you order as a factory installed accessory or as a dealer installed accessory? Can you provide the part number for the roof rack?
I don’t believe you can do factory for the roof rack if you’re rig is squatched. The guys at my small town dealership said they’d take care of it. I actually prefer to have it ordered separately so I can pay for it instead of pay interest for 3 years on what amounts to a few hundred dollars.
I don’t know the part numbers ... I just went over the order in the phone and added the. Same items as are available on B&P - just had to do it separate. The accessories are very likely not showing up until much later than the vehicle as well - from my understanding - but the WT is likely to be late summer/fall/early winter anyway.

Last edited:

bpurtz

First Edition
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don’t believe you can do factory I talk for the roof rack if you’re rig is squatched. The guys at my small town dealership said they’d take care of it. I actually prefer to have it ordered separately so I can pay for it instead of pay interest for 3 years on what amounts to a few hundred dollars.
I don’t know the part numbers ... I just went over the order in the phone and added the. Same items as are available on B&P - just had to do it separate. The accessories are very likely not showing up until much later than the vehicle as well - from my understanding - but the WT is likely to be late summer/fall/early winter anyway.
Ok - the parts department at my dealer doesn't show any accessory items for the big Bronco available from Ford as of yet. Also, the roof rack isn't on the 4 page accessory list that has floated around on this site. Hopefully an oem or aftermarket rack is available to purchase, but as of right I don't think the part even exists. If I can't identify the ability to order the part from my dealer, I'm probably going to try to locate a local big Bronco buyer that will add it to their order and buy it from them.

Sponsored

JamesC

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HJ45, URJ200, W463
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really like my eezi-awn from Equipt1: https://www.equipt1.com/collections/roof-racks Made in South Africa (I generally rely on SA, Australia or US made things for gear like this). We run a full size baroud Grand raid XXL RTT up there https://www.jamesbaroudusa.com/product-category/hard-shell-roof-top-tents/, 3.5m metal cased awning off the side and hang rigid camp lights out back. Channels are really useful for accessories. It has seen some definite use all over this continent on our land cruiser and has held up great. You can kind of see it in use here (Maderas del Carmen Coahuila Mexico in the background, Rio Grande/Bravo in the fore) taken from waaay into Black Gap WMA

Ford Bronco Roof Rack ideas 1613072876972

bpurtz

First Edition
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I really like my eezi-awn from Equipt1: https://www.equipt1.com/collections/roof-racks Made in South Africa (I generally rely on SA, Australia or US made things for gear like this). We run a full size baroud Grand raid XXL RTT up there https://www.jamesbaroudusa.com/product-category/hard-shell-roof-top-tents/, 3.5m metal cased awning off the side and hang rigid camp lights out back. Channels are really useful for accessories. It has seen some definite use all over this continent on our land cruiser and has held up great. You can kind of see it in use here (Maderas del Carmen Coahuila Mexico in the background, Rio Grande/Bravo in the fore) taken from waaay into Black Gap WMA

Ford Bronco Roof Rack ideas 1613072876972
Whozers! I've never seen a roof mounted pop up hot tub. Cool!

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok - the parts department at my dealer doesn't show any accessory items for the big Bronco available from Ford as of yet. Also, the roof rack isn't on the 4 page accessory list that has floated around on this site. Hopefully an oem or aftermarket rack is available to purchase, but as of right I don't think the part even exists. If I can't identify the ability to order the part from my dealer, I'm probably going to try to locate a local big Bronco buyer that will add it to their order and buy it from them.
This is true. If ford is omitting it from certain models I doubt they sell as an accessory. They are supposedly making it work for ‘22 on all models so my money would be that’s when you can get it from the parts counter.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Appreciate this feedback. I take my family to kayak and would need those roof racks from day one ( especially after selling my Xterra ). We are in the same boat with the size of our Broncos. I will call them up today to see if I can add this separately. Thanks!
Same here. I was originally trading my Raptor / kayak & ski carrier / boat towing vehicle for the WT. I have since reworked some numbers and am keeping the truck BUT still want the flexibility of tossing our kayaks on the Bronco . . . between the two of them I doubt they weight close to 100 pounds . . .

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It is the same as the one in the Build & Price. I am not sure if they actually ordered it or just noted that it will be ordered when available but I have confirmed that it is on the 'we owe' sheet! I have no expectation of seeing it - or maybe even the Bronco - before the end of kayak season this year (I am in VT and after November arrives all boating comes to an end!) . . . have a day one reservation - #4 at my dealership - but don't expect the Wildtrak until late in the cycle. More $$$ to put down . . .
Sponsored