First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is true. If ford is omitting it from certain models I doubt they sell as an accessory. They are supposedly making it work for ‘22 on all models so my money would be that’s when you can get it from the parts counter.
Ford is omitting it due to weight constraints of certain options. There is an entire thread devoted to this. Ford will sell every part of the Bronco to you. If they wouldn't, you couldn't fix broken pieces. Ford does not require you to verify you need the piece they just sell it to you.
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you're going to go aftermarket anyway, you should look for one that doesn't mount directly to the roof but lower to the body. This will eliminate the anemic dynamic load rating.

Gobi and Rugged Ridge make this style for the JL and I'm sure there will be options for the Bronco.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am getting the BL with V6 so can't get the roof rack options. I was starting to look at other options and ran into a new ARB Base Roof Rack. I like the idea of the dovetail rail around the perimeter and on each rail. The options are almost endless with this set up.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen any different Roof Rack ideas? If I am going to spend the money on a roof rack why not get something that is trying to change the game. Any other ideas?
I checked that out, pretty cool stuff.
I also like the modularity of it and will never use it to its potential. But I do like the lower profile, and ability to rearrange anything how I see fit with the dovetail rails all over it.
Even has T slot adapters for $20 a set to be able to use other manufacturer's gear with it.
Definitely on my "research further list" once I have my BL in my possession.
Another option I was considering was the whole exoskeleton style where I would be able to completely take the top off and have a functional rack. But those can be expensive, and not all of them look the best (very clunky and stand away from the vehicle pretty far).
I guess the flip side is if it hugged the contours really close it would be virtually impossible to remove the rear clamshell...decision, decisions.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just an FYI, you will never be able to load out a roof rack this on the Bronco... 110 lbs. dynamic load (so while in motion). The pic below is way over that. 30-50 lbs for the rack, so you have 60-80 lbs. for cargo. I see 85 lbs just in water/fuel.
My point is, what are you going to be putting on your rack and stay within load limits?
Ford Bronco Roof Rack ideas 1613074675548

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The smallest yakima platform weighs 55lbs. Nearly every official Ford media photo is over The 100lbs limit. Kind of a joke. I really wish they figured out a way to tie into the cage.

Ford Bronco Roof Rack ideas 8A583807-6E0B-457D-BB9B-27CA455C548D

Ford Bronco Roof Rack ideas 48ECF29F-7044-4693-9427-A395C1C0EB4C

Sponsored

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is omitting it due to weight constraints of certain options. There is an entire thread devoted to this. Ford will sell every part of the Bronco to you. If they wouldn't, you couldn't fix broken pieces. Ford does not require you to verify you need the piece they just sell it to you.
Usually at the parts counter they match your vehicle (vin) with the part. I’m well aware as I’ve been in this game a while. Simply said if they are revamping how the roof rails attach they are not going to pump out more of these than are needed and have overstock. They will do that on the revised iteration.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The smallest yakima platform weighs 55lbs. Nearly every official Ford media photo is over The 100lbs limit. Kind of a joke. I really wish they figured out a way to tie into the cage.

If everything in these photos was empty (cooler, rotopaks), I think they would be within limits.

I also really love the rack on that fishing outerbanks concept. IF I do a rack at all, it will be this. I do wonder what the load limit will be with only using the back shell to attach too...

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Nellman

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They have disclaimers everywhere that their load ratings are *subject to vehicle manufactures load limits
I get that. But Rhino Racks in particular do not strictly rely on the roof structure alone. They have reinforced braces inside the cabin that attach to the body and roll bars, reinforcing the rack. I’m hoping they can still produce something with similar load ratings to their other platforms.

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Whichever one I decide on, would still like to be able to remove the front seat roof panels easily.

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Calmini roof rack for a 2004 Nissan Xterra. My hope is that Rhino Rack makes a backbone system for the Bronco like the one available for the JL/JLU. I'll make custom mounts to attach the rack to the backbone and make use of the forward mounting points above the windshield. I'll have to make adjustments to the rack itself to make it all work. It's a good rack and definitely worth keeping.

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a Calmini roof rack for a 2004 Nissan Xterra. My hope is that Rhino Rack makes a backbone system for the Bronco like the one available for the JL/JLU. I'll make custom mounts to attach the rack to the backbone and make use of the forward mounting points above the windshield. I'll have to make adjustments to the rack itself to make it all work. It's a good rack and definitely worth keeping.
I’ve been in contact with Rhino Rack, and they are definitely working on Bronco products. Like you, I’m looking forward to a Backbone-like system. Also keeping an eye on what Gobi, Frontrunner, and other companies are planning.
Sponsored