ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been in contact with Rhino Rack, and they are definitely working on Bronco products. Like you, I’m looking forward to a Backbone-like system. Also keeping an eye on what Gobi, Frontrunner, and other companies are planning.
That's great to hear.
Sponsored

rlynch356

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender 90, RRC TDi, 200 series
Your Bronco Model
Base
Front runner will also be bringing out a rack for the bronco, hopefully using a better mount like on the jeeps to increase the dynamic load rating.

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m looking to get a Gobi, something similar to this:

I don’t know much about them, but I like the idea of being able to use the rack with the top off and it has a dynamic load 3x that of the factory roof rails.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
GOBI would be my pick as well, so far.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like that the Front Runner and Gobi racks attach to the cowl instead of just the roof.
I keep seeing the descriptions of the Front Runner racks mention being usable with "no roof at all" but I can't find any pics showing that.

In an ideal world, I'd want a rack that only sits over the rear clamshell, possibly with mounting racks that extend down the side over the read windows as well. I want to retain the ability to remove the panels from over the seats and have the view unobstructed.

Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am getting the BL with V6 so can't get the roof rack options. I was starting to look at other options and ran into a new ARB Base Roof Rack. I like the idea of the dovetail rail around the perimeter and on each rail. The options are almost endless with this set up.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen any different Roof Rack ideas? If I am going to spend the money on a roof rack why not get something that is trying to change the game. Any other ideas?
That’s one awesome rack. I think I discovered how I will be carrying my Jerry Cans.

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Up to 3k for those Adventure Racks. Tad pricey, but they do look good.

rlynch356

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender 90, RRC TDi, 200 series
Your Bronco Model
Base
I seems we are going to have to go with a backbone system like what front runner has for the Jk/JL which mounts through the hard top to the roll bar. The wild card is going to be in the front mounts - I don't know what provisions the Bronco has other than the factory windshield mounts. There may be some additional support in the cowl area available ( it has accessory mount points there) but are they enough or needed, I have no idea, that is a question for the rack manufactures.
The real limiting factor to the stock setup is the rear connection for the rack is to the plastic/fiberglass hard top and not to anything structural.

one other thing to consider is the Off-Road Dynamic rating of the rack. 110lbs is pretty small as it is and if you reduce that by what most rack companies use for off road ratings, you get a pretty small capacity ( 110 /1.5 = 73.33Lbs) and you have to include the rack weight in that normally... no idea if ford did..

Just for Fun.......
You can carry 1 Full jerry can of gas (41.5 lbs) and say a set of Maxtrax's (31lbs with Pins and no other mounts)...

73.33 - 41.5 - 31 = 0.83lbs left over for whatever you want.

I'm 100% sure a solution will be offered to increase the roof load capacity from a major rack manufacture.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have this on my Jeep. Originally a Kargo Master product.... now branded Adventure Rack Systems.

https://adventureracksystems.com

850lb static, 375lb dynamic....

Ford Bronco Roof Rack ideas IMG_6119
Thank you! I know I'd seen this rack before and could not for the life of me remember who it was made by. This and the Gobi are at the top of my list if I decide to pass on a trailer.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I seems we are going to have to go with a backbone system like what front runner has for the Jk/JL which mounts through the hard top to the roll bar. The wild card is going to be in the front mounts - I don't know what provisions the Bronco has other than the factory windshield mounts. There may be some additional support in the cowl area available ( it has accessory mount points there) but are they enough or needed, I have no idea, that is a question for the rack manufactures.
The real limiting factor to the stock setup is the rear connection for the rack is to the plastic/fiberglass hard top and not to anything structural.

one other thing to consider is the Off-Road Dynamic rating of the rack. 110lbs is pretty small as it is and if you reduce that by what most rack companies use for off road ratings, you get a pretty small capacity ( 110 /1.5 = 73.33Lbs) and you have to include the rack weight in that normally... no idea if ford did..

Just for Fun.......
You can carry 1 Full jerry can of gas (41.5 lbs) and say a set of Maxtrax's (31lbs with Pins and no other mounts)...

73.33 - 41.5 - 31 = 0.83lbs left over for whatever you want.

I'm 100% sure a solution will be offered to increase the roof load capacity from a major rack manufacture.

Wow... So of all the talks, your post hit me like a brick. Maybe it's because I'm more familiar with Maxtrax as of late, but when you said a gas can and a set of trax and the roof is at capacity.... Well it made my concerns about not being able to get the factory roof rails go out the window.

Sounds like aftermarket is really the ONLY real world solution if you actually want to be able to put more than a couple suitcases up there.
Sponsored