Sponsored

Roof rack on the 4-door is actually for the 2-door?

Gilligan

Outer Banks
First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone noticed that roof rack for the four door is actually for the two door model. What is up with that? What an I going to do with the 2' of space on the back of the Bronco? My 14' Hobie Pro Angler would fit great if the roof rack was extended to the back of the Bronco. Now it hangs off the front pass the hood. There are mounting areas for the roof rack in the back. Do they make rail extension to reach the back mounting spots?
Sponsored

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m not sure it would fit the two door. I did notice ours was in the forward mount and wondered the same thing. But if you either buy a third cross bar, or just take your two and mount them to the front and rear holes on the rails instead of of one forward and one middle like they come, you should have no issue with that ‘yak. My 12’ paddle board fits fine. 14’ is only a foot split either way longer….

OP
OP
Gilligan

Gilligan

Outer Banks
First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh yeah, that's right. The Pro Angler weights is about 110 lbs. and I just like the wider spacing of the cross bars for stability.

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I stood on my board on the rails. Prolly not recommended but, 190 plus my 40lb board. Lol.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I noticed this too, and came in here to start a thread but thought I'd ask here: Is there any OEM style roof rack that goes all the way back on the 4 door? I really want an OEM style rack, but don't like the look of it stopping so short in the rear. ;)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gilligan

Gilligan

Outer Banks
First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh yeah same here. Trying to find who makes it and if you can get longer rails.

charlieecho

Outer Banks
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I noticed this too, and came in here to start a thread but thought I'd ask here: Is there any OEM style roof rack that goes all the way back on the 4 door? I really want an OEM style rack, but don't like the look of it stopping so short in the rear. ;)
I just want a roof rack period. Have 2 roof rack accessories but ford’s accessory shop is out of the 4dr OEM rack. Am I missing something ?
Sponsored